Metal Storm logo
What is the best song of Blind Guardian for you?

Original post

Posted by Vikcen, 14.01.2011 - 02:33

EDIT:

Well, MetalStorm have said me that i have to provide more information in the opening post, so i will do it below:

Well, i have tried to make a list with a mix of objectivity and my personal tastes about Blind Guardian, so you can find songs that are my favorites from a particular album, and others that not. Besides this, also i have tried to include a song of each album, but finally i had to leave out "A Twist In The Myth" and "At The Edge Of Time" because i really have not felt that there is a highlighted song or near to the classic (for the moment =) ):

Majesty: Well, it is a great classic that i thought it was correct to put it.
Valhalla: The same that Majesty.
Traveller In Time: Well here, i had to put the best song from this album in my opinion, together with "Welcome To Dying" and "Lost In The Twilight Hall". What is the classic here? Maybe "Lord Of The Rings"? perhaps "Welcome To Dying"?
The Bard's Song - In The Forest: I prefer other songs from this album than this one, but in this case i had to put the great classic.
Another Holy War: Hard to pick one in this album, so i chose my favorite song.
Mirror Mirror: My favorite song from this album and also the great classic =).
Battlefield: My favorite song from Blind Guardian, together with "Mirror Mirror".
And Then There Was Silence: The masterpiece, (but still i prefer "The Soulforged" from this album).

Poll

Other
Mirror Mirror
And Then There Was Silence
The Bard's Song - In The Forest
Valhalla
Battlefield
Majesty
Another Holy War
Traveller In Time

Total votes: 214
14.01.2011 - 20:16
Gurth Bennas
I think bard song's good, but I like sacred worlds in the latest album much more. it's a mixture of mysterious songs and power metal!
----
Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul
Ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul

(One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them)
14.01.2011 - 21:42
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I say all from old albums simply each song till Nightfll albums is awesomne, there is no baf onmce, but my fav hmm maybe run for a night , but better I stick whit all
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
14.01.2011 - 22:50
Brekke K'ktus
I couldn't possibly choose only one! I could only say that the newest additions to the some of best liked songs are "Skalds and Shadows" and "Curse My Name". But I do not consider them to be better then others. As a matter of fact, I recently "picked up" some of the older songs and I listen to them right now.

They are, after all, one of my favourite bends ever!
----
"We gladden the raven"
14.01.2011 - 23:03
Zenzero
Zenzero
I'm not a big fan of them... I like only 3 songs, Battlefield, Mirror Mirror and The Bard's Song... Finally I voted for Battlefield....
14.01.2011 - 23:29
Fat & Sassy!
elite
Spread Your Wings is probably their best... Oh. Wait.
15.01.2011 - 08:58
Pazu
At the moment it's Bright Eyes, but that can change by the day.
15.01.2011 - 11:44
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
admin
Not a big fan of the band, but have listened to a fistful of their albums... "When Sorrow Sang" has pretty much been my fave song of theirs. love the intensity, particularly given the ebb and flow of the album. it follows up a sad death piece and interlude like an angered friend wanting revenge and riding into battle.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
15.01.2011 - 12:13
jacut
Nightfall.
15.01.2011 - 12:20
Luneth
Account deleted
I love Valhalla simply because the mythology behind it is very interesting.
15.01.2011 - 16:09
First time , it's into the storm , but it's always changing , and now i say bright eyes .
15.01.2011 - 19:41
jsoft
Mirror Mirror On The Wall!
15.01.2011 - 22:17
4look4rd
The Sasquatch
Its a tough choice but I have to go with "And There was Silence." Everything about that song just feels right, the Bohemia Rhapsody-ish layered vocals, the fast paced guitars and drumming, and the more mellow parts.
----
16.01.2011 - 18:07
BattleHamster
"And Then There Was Silence." It's so epic.
16.01.2011 - 22:54
DoomGuard
Great band, saw them live recently, And Then There Was Silence was my vote, I'm surprised they played it live, it was an epic orgasm all over

Edit: Reading my post reminds me of "run-on sentences" I was taught about in school lmao XD
17.01.2011 - 16:49
Yavanna
I voted for And then there was silence, but I also like very much Battelfield , it makes me want to ride a horse into battle with a sword in my hands and cut some heads off.
----
Carry me to the shoreline
Bury me in the sand
Walk me across the water
And maybe you'll understand
19.01.2011 - 17:52
RUMAKS
Theatre of Pain, Bright Eyes, Into the Storm. Sadly, the new ones haven't been the same jaw dropping level as the early albums.
22.01.2011 - 22:22
BuffaloHyde
Blind Guardian has a ton of awesome songs, but I would have to say that i prefer 'And Then There Was Silence'. It is an excellent combination of music and lyrics about an epic war, and serves to cap off a very good album.
22.01.2011 - 22:30
RavenKing
Probably "Welcome To Dying"
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
23.01.2011 - 15:46
Malevolent-Jim
No song of theirs managed to get me hooked into them other than "Wheel Of Time".I just adore it to be honest. Of that list though I picked And Then There Was Silence.
28.01.2011 - 10:11
MissMetal86
The Bard's Song - In The Forest
29.01.2011 - 12:46
ArtKiz
I'm a big fan of symphonic metal (with orchestra) so I'm contemplating between Sacred Worlds or Wheels of Time.
30.01.2011 - 01:31
Vikcen
Metálico
Written by ArtKiz on 29.01.2011 at 12:46

I'm a big fan of symphonic metal (with orchestra) so I'm contemplating between Sacred Worlds or Wheels of Time.

Great songs man! =) (by the way, in concert I can say you that both songs are spectacular).
30.01.2011 - 21:33
ArtKiz
Written by Vikcen on 30.01.2011 at 01:31

Written by ArtKiz on 29.01.2011 at 12:46

Great songs man! =) (by the way, in concert I can say you that both songs are spectacular).

Agreed.

But if we're talking about live concerts, nothing beats "Bard's Song", it's very epic!
06.02.2011 - 02:19
Empyror
My favorite is the song "Nightfall." It might have my favorite vocal arrangements in a song ever.
15.02.2011 - 18:51
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
I voted for majesty though i love many songs from BG!
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
17.02.2011 - 08:00
Thunderhead
Fast one: Banish from Sanctuary/Goodbye my friend
"Ballad": Lord of the Rings
General: Time stand still (at the iron hill)/Script for my requiem
----
"You may got money, and can buy anything you want. But there's a thing you will never be able to buy. It's a dinossaur!" - Homer J.Simpson
24.02.2011 - 20:37
All of this songs is totally classics:-) But... I'm Alive it's a right punch in power metal's face... Strong, fast, fuckin' walking. There's is it...
03.03.2011 - 04:47
Wyrd
Either "Somewhere Far Beyond", "Battlefield", "Punishment Davine", "Otherland" or WHEEEEL OF TIIIIIME!!!
----
"The bands called Demon Hunter! They hunt demons!"
17.03.2011 - 14:46
priestess_666
My 6-month-old daughter can't get enough of "The Eldar."
----
priestess of the dark side
17.03.2011 - 16:31
RavenKing
Written by Empyror on 06.02.2011 at 02:19

My favorite is the song "Nightfall." It might have my favorite vocal arrangements in a song ever.

I will never understand why so many BG fans have this song in high esteem. Imo, this song sucks and vocals are among the most annoying Hansi ever recorded.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody