Metal Storm logo
Bishop of Hexen

05.09.2006 - 18:36
AntaeusM
Elite
Bishop of Hexen have released their new album "The Nightmarish Compositions" this year, and I wondered how other people feel about this album.

Personally, I am slightly dissapointed. Bishop of Hexen lost their uniqueness on this album. They have a new vocalist, this vocalist sounds stronger and the cold "silent" sound of their first album is gone. The keyboards are also pushed more to the background, so there is more moments where the guitars and drums are easier to hear.

They lost their uniqueness, the first album was entirely keyboard driven, with a cold high-pitched vocal on the background(it was even possible to say the keyboards were more important than the vocals). but now they just sound like some copy of the earlier period of Dimmu Borgir(Stormblast/Enthrone Darkness Thriumphant era).

Musically the album is good, it is quality what they are doing, but it is just not the Bishop of Hexen I know. I do listen to the album, because it is enjoyable, but it is nothing compared with their first masterpiece "Archives of an Enchanted Philosophy"

Also, their new image simply sucks, I prefer their witchy/gothic image from the first album.

Anyway, what is your opinion about the new album(and this band)?
05.09.2006 - 19:07
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
haha open my old tread in old forum

I use to like this band and still like them album ''Archives Of Ancient Phylosophy'' and maybe demo, if I will hear it, but new album and new image, im disapointed, its not what I wanna hear

Quote:
They lost their uniqueness, the first album was entirely keyboard driven, with a cold high-pitched vocal on the background(it was even possible to say the keyboards were more important than the vocals). but now they just sound like some copy of the earlier period of Dimmu Borgir(Stormblast/Enthrone Darkness Thriumphant era).

Werry good sad about keyboreds ad I think thay was one of most symphonical NM bands in world, but thay lost it after those years and mabe thay think tha get more money whit new sound.
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
05.09.2006 - 19:43
Varoth
Account deleted
I'm a fan of their old stuff. I don't know about the new stuff, because I haven't heard it, but maybe I'll look for it, just to give it a try. But according to your description of how they changed, I doubt I will enjoy their new album. Bishop Of Hexen with no keyboard-fronted music, is not Bishop Of Hexen. They were among the only few bands who knew how to use that instrument without sounding ridiculously cheesy.

@K7: If you like Archives Of Enchanted Philosophy, then you also like the demo, because it mostly contains the same songs, and definitely the same kind of music.
05.09.2006 - 20:15
AntaeusM
Elite
Written by Bad English on 05.09.2006 at 19:07

Werry good sad about keyboreds ad I think thay was one of most symphonical NM bands in world, but thay lost it after those years and mabe thay think tha get more money whit new sound.

I don't think Bishop of Hexen are selling out.. I mean, there are also many metalheads who will love this album, it is just a different type of music. Like I said, they didn't get worse, they just changed. I don't like this kind of black metal(well I do like it, but I am not really font of another Dimmu Borgir clone).
If Bishop of Hexen would be selling out then they wouldn't say you can only get their album by contacting the band(members). Because that is one of the most impractical ways of getting a band's album.

@Varoth, You could try the album just so you know how the new album sounds like. but yeah, I am also pretty sure you will not enjoy this one. Anyway, I know you really like Archives of an Enchanted Philosphy, and you shouldn't be too much influenced by what I say there is a tiny chance you will enjoy it
05.09.2006 - 22:58
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Varoth - But I dunno if I get demo, I search in DC++ I cant find and its hmm 1995 or something, its long time ago.

Blackgir But if Varoh dont like new stuff, like me an dyou then it means old fans gone, but new fans come, so ppl number dont chnge, and I think new material sells lil better how new and stull old material here was unknow and for me too till i hear them in BM radio some years ago

And bTW Varoth was only who post in my old tread
----

apos;'
[image]
05.09.2006 - 23:15
AntaeusM
Elite
Written by Bad English on 05.09.2006 at 22:58

Varoth - But I dunno if I get demo, I search in DC++ I cant find and its hmm 1995 or something, its long time ago.

Blackgir But if Varoh dont like new stuff, like me an dyou then it means old fans gone, but new fans come, so ppl number dont chnge, and I think new material sells lil better how new and stull old material here was unknow and for me too till i hear them in BM radio some years ago

And bTW Varoth was only who post in my old tread

hm, the demo has a lot of the same songs, only a different recording, so they sound slightly different.

oh, so I am not a fan anymore because I don't like one album? I am not that unloyal. I still like them, it's just they dissapoint me with the last album, but that doesn't mean I am suddenly not a fan anymore. Well, they will not sell much, read my other post why. I think most of their fans are people who simply download the album from the internet.
05.09.2006 - 23:21
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
but me too, Im fan stull, but old material, like for example Metallica, thay was concert in Tallin, I didnt go, because thay has changed and even if thay play old songs i didnt go, same about Bishof of Hexen

Sell, if I can chance get Arcives original stuff I bt it and I had chack track in demo, but still demo are diferent how real album, thgy record for new songs

About dounlouding - hmm I cant by lbums, because here thay are not so easy getible and 10 punds for me are expencive so I better dounloud, even I like real CD better
----

apos;'
[image]
05.09.2006 - 23:57
AntaeusM
Elite
Written by Bad English on 05.09.2006 at 23:21

but me too, Im fan stull, but old material, like for example Metallica, thay was concert in Tallin, I didnt go, because thay has changed and even if thay play old songs i didnt go, same about Bishof of Hexen

Sell, if I can chance get Arcives original stuff I bt it and I had chack track in demo, but still demo are diferent how real album, thgy record for new songs

About dounlouding - hmm I cant by lbums, because here thay are not so easy getible and 10 punds for me are expencive so I better dounloud, even I like real CD better

Metallica is a whole different example. They screwed up their music. Bishop of Hexen just changed.

Sure, but the chance is very tiny you can ever buy it. Or simply contact the band on their official website if you really want to have it. You do have to trust them though.

"getible"? I guess you invited a new word :
06.09.2006 - 00:06
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Blackgir - Metallica xaxax yes its diferent story, btw just for fun Lars still remeber Danish?

Yes I agree, but still that imiga and sound change what band done Im lil disapointed like in that time, when I was young I hear napalm Death yeah cool, also Kittie cool band, when I hear it its dcrap and lil dispointed, its same story, but still I wanna get lyrics of new album, I had old album lrics its Bishif of Poetry

I can contact but shiping and money, im can maybe by one album in half year

Getible - I mean hard to get or avalible or something
----

apos;'
[image]
06.09.2006 - 00:27
Thormier
Account deleted
One of the first bands i got into , i cant remember the music , im going to dig in my closet tonight :p
04.05.2007 - 21:14
Lathronniel
hmm Lure My spelled Emotions great track..the new album is ok but has lost sth with the losing of the first vocalist
----
I amar prestar aen, han mathon ne nen, han mathon ne chae a han noston ned 'wilith...
05.05.2007 - 01:01
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Lathronniel on 04.05.2007 at 21:14

hmm Lure My spelled Emotions great track..the new album is ok but has lost sth with the losing of the first vocalist

This is my fav song of band too, also i like this lyric best realy vawsoem song, and ist song what I first hear of band in BM radio and thats why I know band an dlove it

About your Nocturnal Mortem posy haha seems in all slavonic langueges 'slava' means same
----

apos;'
[image]
06.05.2007 - 18:46
Lathronniel
Same as me on the BM radio i heared them first there
----
I amar prestar aen, han mathon ne nen, han mathon ne chae a han noston ned 'wilith...
31.12.2008 - 22:56
Recently got The Nightmarish Compositions, some great shit. It's actually the first time listening to them, so I have no idea as to what their previous sounds like.
----
Burzum did it for the lulz
15.10.2009 - 15:07
Kimiwind
Speed Metal God
I love there new album ...quite more heavy !! less orchestral than they used to be in there previous album !! i still can feel the jewish influnce on it !! its very unique and i do still lisen to it since its been out !! ...the best track i enjoy is A Serpentine Crave song !! one of the best symphonic black i ever heard in my life !!very unique great riffs !! there is one good solo in the end of the song !! and also great devilish voice !! and the piano add so fucking great atmosphere !! for me its the most perfect song out there !! and u can hear some spoken words from time to time !! im looking forward for there next album though now its 3 years and they didnt made no effort !! still hoping in next few mounths !
----
Wintermoon Calls you, Follow It And You Will Be Proud Forever.
17.10.2009 - 02:31
FOOCK Nam
That one The Nightmarish Compositions, wow, seems best unique stuff for black metal I recently discovered, IDK if they are "black metal" or not. Same what the guy above said, Devilish and piano moment of night falls with dark, evil and sometimes I feel scared but this release is best sympho or melodic black I ever listened.

EDIT: and I like putting them in extreme, they really have the "extreme" or precisely evil feel in their music.