Metal Storm logo
Behemoth - Frontman Gives Leukemia The Finger, Released From Hospital

So according to the website of Poland's pride and joy, Behemoth, front man Adam "Nergal" Darski has apparently kicked Leukemia in the crotch. He left the hospital and will be spending the next several months chilling in his cave somewhere in the area of Gdansk, continuing his recuperation process, playing guitar, and doing 5,000 piece puzzles with his main squeeze, Doda. From the band's website:

NERGAL RELEASED FROM HOSPITAL!
posted 2011-01-19 by Manticore
(Nergal's quotes in italics)

We are happy and relieved to inform you, that Nergal left the hematology division of Uniwersyteckie Centrum Kliniczne (UCK) in Gdansk on Monday, January 17th, four weeks after he underwent a bone marrow transplant procedure. Below you can find his comment:

"Hey! What's up! At last - one could say. After almost half of year of treatment in various hospitals, several cycles of chemotherapy, irradiation and bone marrow transplant I have been finally released home in a pretty fuckin' good condition. I'm feeling ok, taking the intensity of treatment under consideration. That was not an easy period of my life, but, as I envisaged, I left the hospital victorious. I never considered any other options, but anyway, there were rough moments too? At this point I must express my thanks to the people, who made all of these downs fairly bearable. My parents - thank you. You deserve a monument for all your love and patience. Dorotka, thank you for your heroic attitude, love and support. I can't forget Doda's fans, who made a gigantic effort for me and other ill people. You rule! Absolutely fantastic Behemoth fans from all over the world were organizing various events to make people aware of what leukemia is. To all of you out there- my deepest respect! Thank you - the real heroes - Prof. Hellmann, Dr Piekarska, Dr Knopinska, Doc. Giebel, Prof. Ho³owiecki and all the nurses of the hematology division of the Medical Academy in Gdansk and the Oncology Clinic in Gliwice for all the professionalism and great hearts. My band mates for all the friendship and never-ending support. All my friends for sticking to me throughout the whole period of my illness. The list is too long to mention you all, but remember, you have special place in my heart."

Nergal will now go through a recovery which will last for several months. During this time he will stay in his flat in one of the Gdansk's districts.

"Although the whole treatment went really good, as well as the bone marrow transplant and the post-transplant period, the next several months is the time when I must really take care of myself. Of course I will have plenty of time to recover, think about the strategy and my return to the stage - which approaches imminently (laughs). First of all however I must rebuild my physical condition... apart from that, I hunger for playing, I haven't been playing the guitar for a half of year now! Really much to catch up, but also a huge motivation and a desire to work again at the same time. This year will be a really important one for me and the band!"

So hoist a drink of your choosing, Metalstormers, although there shouldn't have been much doubt about his inevitable recovery... his main doctor was named Hellman ffs. Satam himself was purported to be his nurse.

Source: behemoth.pl
Band profile: Behemoth
Posted: 20.01.2011 by BitterCOld

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 58   [ 2 ignored ]   Visited by: 454 users
20.01.2011 - 02:36
Vombatus
Potorro
Great great news !!!

Hope that during recuperation process he get's enough free time to start making new ideas for Behemoth
20.01.2011 - 02:37
Mikrokosmos
Account deleted
Good news
20.01.2011 - 02:39
ImperialTroll
Account deleted
Yeaaaah! awesome news Nergal u fucking rule!
20.01.2011 - 03:02
Kenos
Account deleted
Best news of 2011? Probably yes
20.01.2011 - 03:13
MetalSpider
Great news...good job Nergal for kicking leukemias ass!
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
20.01.2011 - 03:29
Axe Argonian
Well, now Nergal can confidently know that "someone" downstairs likes him.
----
"Man does at all times only what he wills, and yet he does this necessarily. But this is because he already is what he wills." - Arthur Schopenhauer
20.01.2011 - 03:42
selken
Irreligious
Great news!!! take that... you leukemia bastard!!! I wish all those case had this ending from now on
----
20.01.2011 - 03:43
Jiri
Yeah! 5,000 piece puzzles is an excellent activity to do with an extremley hot chick!

Oh, and kongrats for beating the Lukemia, Nergs.
20.01.2011 - 03:49
Necrodamus
Great news, I was worried when I heard he first had it, but now I'm relieved and will be glad to see him on the road again!!!
20.01.2011 - 04:33
Dark Blood
The Avenger
Awesome news! Great to see him better and kicking that fucker!
Now let's hope the rest of the year goes as good as this.
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
20.01.2011 - 04:37
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
YEAH! Punch that leukemia in the crotch! Well done, sir.

Oh, and I don't think "Satam" was his nurse hahaha
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
20.01.2011 - 04:37
NocturnalStalker
Metal Addict
At last! Truly very promising beginning of the year.
----
"And we are not who we think we are
We are who we're afraid to be"
- Lux Occulta "The Opening of Eleventh Sephirah"
20.01.2011 - 04:43
animal71
That's fuckin awesome news
20.01.2011 - 04:53
Thrash666
Best news i have heard in a while!!!!! KEEP IT METAL NERGAL!!!!!!
----
LONG LIVE THASH!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. "Dimebag" Darrell Abott
Drink a "blacktooth" for Dimebag
20.01.2011 - 05:10
Kratos
"his main doctor was named Hellman ffs. Satam himself was purported to be his nurse." so true. glad he is finally cured and getting healthy again.
20.01.2011 - 05:34
Destructo
Brilliant news to start off the New Year !! Hell Yaaa !!!
20.01.2011 - 05:41
*MetalSlave*
Great news.. horns up..!
20.01.2011 - 05:43
Red_Travis
UP YOURS LEUKEMIA, and welcome back Nergal
20.01.2011 - 05:49
Ander
Best news all year. Seriously, I'm so fucking happy right now.
20.01.2011 - 06:31
vezzy
Stallmanite
Leukemia is not pleased. -_-
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
20.01.2011 - 06:53
Great news!
20.01.2011 - 07:10
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Great news, it's good to see that we are starting this year with someone recovering from leukemia and not dying for it. Horns up for Nergal!
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
20.01.2011 - 07:33
Sworn
This is the best news to start the new year. Hail Nergal!
20.01.2011 - 07:34
wormdrink414
elite
Huzzah!
20.01.2011 - 07:40
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
elite
Very good news for a change, it's refreshing to hear. Best of luck...
20.01.2011 - 08:08
Paradox0
Unasuming Madnes
This might sound a little strange but I wonder if this is some kind of shamanistic training from some pantheon he's associated with. just wondering.
20.01.2011 - 09:20
quorthon
Fking great news!
20.01.2011 - 09:49
Kuroboshi
Great news! Let us wait for his triumphant return with an even more awesome new CD!
20.01.2011 - 10:03
corrupt
With a lowercase c
admin
He's not considered healed until he has been free of cancer for (I think it was) five years. I don't mean to kill anyone's buzz here but once somebody had cancer, he has to be prepared for it to strike back whenever it's beaten. Nergal has a shit of a time behind and one just as shit ahead of him. Cudos for taking that head-on.
----
20.01.2011 - 10:07
Maxx666
Meshuggahian
Thanks satan he finally did recoverd!! All hail Nergal!!

Hits total: 6765 | This month: 4