Metal Storm logo
Forgotten Tomb

06.09.2006 - 12:47
Detric
King Of Twilight
Probably my favourite band when it comes to depressive black metal. They are about to release a new album here in September as far as I know, called Negative Megalomania. If im not wrong, the album title was Darkness In Stereo, do any of you guys know why they changed the title? I liked the first one better. Oh well nevermind, still a fantastic band. Im really looking forward to their new album, and hopefully a tour sometime in the future.
06.09.2006 - 13:03
Damnated
Churchburner
Shoudn't this be in the melodic forum? I mean it's still doom. Great band, nevertheless, my fav album would be 'Love's Burial Ground', the second best in the genre.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
06.09.2006 - 13:05
Detric
King Of Twilight
Id call them a great mix between black and doom, so I dont really think it really matters what forum they are in, extreme or melodic.
06.09.2006 - 17:36
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I agree, its no metter where thay are but if Furneal Doom are in melodic but then tgis band ttoo

Thay are so depresive, so great and suicode uisc that I enjouy ewer thing about it and thoise album covers are so rea and amazing, great Italian band
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
06.09.2006 - 17:44
Streetcleaner
Account deleted
I don't like this band... Italians are not meant to play depressive music I guess, even when they're creating suicidal Black/Doom they manage to be bombatic as fuck... they were interesting at first listen, nothing more...
06.09.2006 - 18:33
Damnated
Churchburner
Streetcleaner, check out Beatrik.
----

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
06.09.2006 - 23:44
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 06.09.2006 at 17:44

I don't like this band... Italians are not meant to play depressive music I guess, even when they're creating suicidal Black/Doom they manage to be bombatic as fuck... they were interesting at first listen, nothing more...

I agree GOD give them so great weather and climate and wine and grapa and women and thay are ''Champione del Mondo Del Calcio'' why shood thay play depresive musi, but seem sthay do it better and poetical and more deeper how nordic bands
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
07.09.2006 - 19:04
Thryce
Retired Staff
Hmm why are they called Black Metal as category of this thread. They play Black Doom Metal. Their main category is Doom actually, not Black...

"Springtime Depression" and "Love's Burial Ground" are their best albums IMO
----
Your favorite band sucks.
11.09.2006 - 00:28
Detric
King Of Twilight
Who the fuck cares??

Sorry but I had to let it out! This is crazy! Your post would be more meaningfull if I listed them as nu metal, punk, thrash or something....But come on!
11.09.2006 - 15:39
Thryce
Retired Staff
@ Detric : Ah well, wrong is wrong and right is right. Labeling Forgotten Tomb as Black Metal is not completely right, labeling Forgotten Tomb as Black Doom Metal (or even Suicidal Black Metal) is more right. It's just a matter of being complete, accurate and precise if you label a metal band...

Besides I was just mentioning it. I don't give a damn fuck how you label them, I was just pointing out that your label is not complete if you want to be 100% correct.
You like them, I like them. You label them as Black, I label them as Black Doom. Well that's fine for us...
----
11.09.2006 - 18:04
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Thryce on 11.09.2006 at 15:39

labeling Forgotten Tomb as Black Doom Metal

is correct. they have a doomy aproach to black metal, even if it's not that DODS doomy aproach. so yes, they play doom. there's no reason to get mad about it.

(or even Suicidal Black Metal) is more right.

No. Suicidal black metal is just black metal with a bigger focus on depresion. But it's still black metal. Forgotten Tomb is not black metal in the strict meaning of the word.
----

11.09.2006 - 20:53
Detric
King Of Twilight

@ Detric : Ah well, wrong is wrong and right is right. Labeling Forgotten Tomb as Black Metal is not completely right, labeling Forgotten Tomb as Black Doom Metal (or even Suicidal Black Metal) is more right. It's just a matter of being complete, accurate and precise if you label a metal band...

Besides I was just mentioning it. I don't give a damn fuck how you label them, I was just pointing out that your label is not complete if you want to be 100% correct.
You like them, I like them. You label them as Black, I label them as Black Doom. Well that's fine for us...

That sounds very reasonable my friend, I am sorry I freaked out. Guess I just really hate genres and categorizing bands
11.09.2006 - 21:01
Lucas
Mr. Noise
I'll check them out asap. I badly need some good Black/Doom.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
11.09.2006 - 21:05
Thryce
Retired Staff
@ Detric : no problem at all my friend

@ Nervel : Forgotten Tomb is definitely worth checking out!! http://www.myspace.com/darknessinstereo
----
12.09.2006 - 17:55
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Argh, I wish I wouldn't be so grim. I'm sorry, I just can't use MySpace. Too much emo for such a kvlt person as me.

Ok, lol. I'll do it because you insist. And for Forgotten Tomb.

A shame I can't download it. Blah! The music itself is quite ok, but I've heard better. Perhaps these are not the two right songs. I'll get more, and then I'll be back! (Schwarzie!!)
----

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
12.09.2006 - 19:33
Detric
King Of Twilight
Got MSN Nervel? Ive got a song with them from their first release called Nightfrost, I could send it to you. Fantastic song, bet you'll like it!
12.09.2006 - 19:57
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Yes, I do. It is in my profile. (yes, it is the same as my e-mail)

I'll be happy to add. Please do send me a message or let me know, because I might not accept you if I don't instantly know who you are.

Thanks ahead.
----

20.12.2007 - 03:33
Stigmatized
This band has me under their spell as of late. Very cool stuff, it puts me in a very calm mood.
22.02.2008 - 18:17
NOИ

they are indeed a good band, better than Shining. I have almost all of their albums, and Negative Megalomania was sweet. waiting for the next one!
19.04.2011 - 21:38
Nefarious
Doom Knight
New album, Under Saturn Retrograde, is released in 3 days!

You can hear one of the new tracks 'Downlift' on the Agonia Records website: http://www.agoniarecords.com/index.php?pos=site&lang=en Just click on the playlist at the top of the page, its the first track :p

'Songs To Leave' was & still is one of my favorite albums of all time, its a shame they have moved away from that sound with each release. Still, i am really looking forward to hearing what Forgotten Tomb have to offer on this new record.
----
"FUCK!!! You're the fucking 5th person asking me in an interview about the woman in the bathtub?The problem is that I AM the fucking person in the bathtub, and I AM a fucking MAN, for fuck's sake! I hate you all!" ~ Herr Morbid
19.04.2011 - 22:19
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
I look forward to that. Negative Megalomania wasn't as bad as people made out and has some nice points but yeah, I suspect the new one will be even more down the Katatonia route though.
04.05.2011 - 11:45
Nefarious
Doom Knight
Ok well its been out a few weeks now.

Although i wasnt expecting much at all from this album, i was pleasantly surprised. Ok its nothing earth-shatteringly original like Songs To Leave but i have long since given up on FT returning to the great black / doom sound. But judging it as more of a melodic black metal album, i have to say i quite enjoyed it. A little generic yes, but a good listen regardless.

'Downlift' & The stooges cover of 'I Wanna Be Your Dog' are catchy as hell.
----
"FUCK!!! You're the fucking 5th person asking me in an interview about the woman in the bathtub?The problem is that I AM the fucking person in the bathtub, and I AM a fucking MAN, for fuck's sake! I hate you all!" ~ Herr Morbid