Metal Storm logo
Ozzy Osbourne - Starring In Super Bowl Commercial With Justin Bieber

Okay, NOW we have a legit reason to go picket all upcoming Ozzy Osbourne concerts.

Just when you thought you heard it all, the Prince of Darkness has decided to star in a Best Buy commercial that will air during the Super Bowl... with at his side teen heartthrob and beloved internet hate figure Justin Bieber.

Best Buy - the largest home electronics chain in the USA - marketing chief Drew Panayiotou said that Justin Bieber "symbolically represents something important to the brand message." Executives won't discuss details of the 30-second spot featuring stars from two very different generations. The ad, to air in the game's third quarter, was filmed earlier this month at Universal Studios.

Best Buy declined to say what it's paying Bieber. But it's at least $1 million, estimates Noreen Jenney Laffey, president of Celebrity Endorsement Network, which links celebs with advertisers.

Oh Ozzy

Stomach-churning Neat pictures taken during the shooting of the futuristic advertisement can be watched over here.

Source: usatoday.com
Band profile: Ozzy Osbourne
Posted: 26.01.2011 by Thryce

Comments page 2 / 3

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 76   [ 3 ignored ]   Visited by: 429 users
27.01.2011 - 00:13
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Hahaha. You're a funny man, Ozzy.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
27.01.2011 - 00:14
BrokenKnuckles

Written by Guest on 26.01.2011 at 22:01

I expect some heads being bitten off.
By that, I mean Bieber's head.

Only that would make it ok
27.01.2011 - 00:14
BrokenKnuckles

Written by Guest on 26.01.2011 at 22:01

I expect some heads being bitten off.
By that, I mean Bieber's head.

Only that would make it ok
27.01.2011 - 00:43
Yojimbo

Written by Angelic Storm on 26.01.2011 at 22:54

Written by Yojimbo on 26.01.2011 at 22:38

If this was Youtube I would "thumbs up" for hating Bieber. But since this is Metalstorm I'll just let my hatred simmer inside.

Well, I for one, most certainly would not! Its extremely annoying that just about every single music video on youtube I visit, no matter what band it is, there's some comments about Justin Beiber. I noticed this trend long before I even knew who he was! Its obviously people just trying to prove how "tr00" they are, and its just a very cheap way of getting people to thumb up their comments. I now consider any Beiber comments on youtube videos to be spam, and do not pay any heed to them.

Haha, yeah, I agree. It's just a cheap way of getting thumbs up. But you do agree with me about hating him, right? RIGHT?!?
27.01.2011 - 00:49
NeverAgain

I'm sure this wasn't Ozzy's idea. In a nutshell, whatever Sharon says, Ozzy does.
27.01.2011 - 00:54
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Yojimbo on 27.01.2011 at 00:43
Haha, yeah, I agree. It's just a cheap way of getting thumbs up. But you do agree with me about hating him, right? RIGHT?!?

Why would I hate him? He's not done anything to me personally, or committed any evil, heinous deed. He makes crappy teenybopper music, but that's no reason to hate the boy. Besides, when I was very young, I liked chart pop before I got into metal, so I can't really say anything. He's harmless, nothing to hate about him. I just don't like his music that's all. xD
27.01.2011 - 00:55
Dark Blood
The Avenger
Written by iaberis on 26.01.2011 at 22:24

This is blasphemy! This is madness!

This is Sparta!!!

LOL: that's all I can say about all this..
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
27.01.2011 - 00:59
Yojimbo

Written by Angelic Storm on 27.01.2011 at 00:54

Written by Yojimbo on 27.01.2011 at 00:43

Why would I hate him? He's not done anything to me personally, or committed any evil, heinous deed. He makes crappy teenybopper music, but that's no reason to hate the boy. Besides, when I was very young, I liked chart pop before I got into metal, so I can't really say anything. He's harmless, nothing to hate about him. I just don't like his music that's all. xD

pshhh ...girls
27.01.2011 - 01:09
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Yojimbo on 27.01.2011 at 00:59
pshhh ...girls

Im not sure what me being a woman has to do with me not hating Beiber.

Oh, and I agree with NeverAgain that this is probably more Sharon's doing than Ozzy's. Most if not all of the things that have dragged Ozzy's name through the mud over the last few years have been orchestrated by Sharon. (The "egging" of Iron Maiden, and the suing of Black Sabbath members being examples)
27.01.2011 - 01:16
Empty Spaces
Unburied At Dusk

If this was Youtube I would "thumbs up" for hating Bieber. But since this is Metalstorm I'll just let my hatred simmer inside.

Well, I for one, most certainly would not! Its extremely annoying that just about every single music video on youtube I visit, no matter what band it is, there's some comments about Justin Beiber. I noticed this trend long before I even knew who he was! Its obviously people just trying to prove how "tr00" they are, and its just a very cheap way of getting people to thumb up their comments. I now consider any Beiber comments on youtube videos to be spam, and do not pay any heed to them.

Lol, I agree with you. I can't visit any video on YouTube without seeing people complaining about Bieber... apparently anyone who dislikes a metal / rock or other non-pop music video is a "Bieber fan who doesn't know good music!!11".
27.01.2011 - 01:31
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Empty Spaces on 27.01.2011 at 01:16
Lol, I agree with you. I can't visit any video on YouTube without seeing people complaining about Bieber... apparently anyone who dislikes a metal / rock or other non-pop music video is a "Bieber fan who doesn't know good music!!11".

Geez, if I had a pound for the amount of times, I've seen that or very similar comments on youtube, I'd be a very rich woman! Its ironic that these people claim to hate him so much, yet are drawing far more attention to him with all that nonsense, than if they just ignored him. Its like god, if I wanted to read about Beiber, Id go and visit one of his videos!
27.01.2011 - 01:31
Dark Blood
The Avenger

pshhh ...girls

I gotta agree with the lady here. What reason you have to hate him? If I'd hate or blame anyone, would be his fans for making such a fuss out of someone who probably doesn't know a thing about music. He's just taking advantage of the situation (people listening to crappy music), and I would do the same if I was him.
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
27.01.2011 - 01:36
Yojimbo

Written by Dark Blood on 27.01.2011 at 01:31

pshhh ...girls

I gotta agree with the lady here. What reason you have to hate him? If I'd hate or blame anyone, would be his fans for making such a fuss out of someone who probably doesn't know a thing about music. He's just taking advantage of the situation (people listening to crappy music), and I would do the same if I was him.

You would do the same? THUMBS UP IF YOU BOYCOTT DARKBLOOD!
27.01.2011 - 01:40
Dark Blood
The Avenger
Written by Yojimbo on 27.01.2011 at 01:36

You would do the same? THUMBS UP IF YOU BOYCOTT DARKBLOOD!

If I'd get MONEY for doing NOTHING? Hell yeah I would
----
27.01.2011 - 01:41
Amonisis

He better bite the head off of beiber or i'm gonna be pissed
27.01.2011 - 02:10
SlaytanicGonzo

True, but that was around the time of St Anger. I like to think that band was not Metallica
27.01.2011 - 02:31
Deleted Scenes

All this Bieber hate is getting a bit cringeworthy now. How exactly is his music in any way relevant to metal? Surely if you're gonna hate someone, you're much better off targeting a few of the pop-metal bands Kerrang et al devote so much of their attention towards.

Or am I missing something? Is the hate actually NOT coming from fans of real metal, but from fans of the very people who listen to the aforementioned MTV friendly 'metal' bands? Either way, 12 year old girls are more than likely NEVER going to be remotely interested in metal. So, what's the point?

Personally, I prefer to just listen to what I like and let others do the same. I don't care about them enough to waste my time trying to 'educate' them. If people are happy sticking to generic teeny-bopper pop, fair play to them. They are the ones being extorted by the industry, not me.

Also, why should we care who Ozzy is starring in an advert with? The 'starring in an advert' bit is easily the greater evil here. Doesn't matter who he's gonna be on TV with... Bieber or Tony Iommi... it's the same thing. He's still gonna be promoting cheap electrical goods during a major sporting event. Sharon sold Ozzy's soul years ago. It's not like we've just been told Ihsahn or Karl Willetts are starring in some Best Buy commercial is it?
27.01.2011 - 02:58
MetalSpider

Oh that Ozzy and his silliness!
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
27.01.2011 - 02:59
RhaegarTargaryen
Telcontar
And to think that Ronnie James Dio died, and this s****** f***** is still around -.-
----
... For years I have traveled in coldness,
But my heart is warm as the darkened sun above me...
Nothing can never take away
What I've seen with these tired eyes
27.01.2011 - 03:01
Promonex
Cathemeral
Written by BitterCOld on 26.01.2011 at 20:15

Written by Fat & Sassy! on 26.01.2011 at 18:59

So... who else is not surprised?

anyone who is surprised is clueless. he was in a commercial with the Osmonds several years ago, ffs.

Exactly. It's not like you wouldn't expect Ozzy (i.e. Sharon) to miss out on yet another chance to make money. Now if Alice Cooper would make a commercial with the singer of Tokio Hotel, that would be a completely different story.

Whoops, what do we have here?
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
27.01.2011 - 03:16
Yojimbo

Written by Promonex on 27.01.2011 at 03:01

Written by BitterCOld on 26.01.2011 at 20:15

Written by Fat & Sassy! on 26.01.2011 at 18:59

So... who else is not surprised?

anyone who is surprised is clueless. he was in a commercial with the Osmonds several years ago, ffs.

Exactly. It's not like you wouldn't expect Ozzy (i.e. Sharon) to miss out on yet another chance to make money. Now if Alice Cooper would make a commercial with the singer of Tokio Hotel, that would be a completely different story.

Whoops, what do we have here?

That is the gayest crap I've ever seen. The TH singer looks like a girl.

First he sold his soul to rock n roll, now what?
27.01.2011 - 03:47
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by SlaytanicGonzo on 27.01.2011 at 02:10
True, but that was around the time of St Anger. I like to think that band was not Metallica

What was around the time of St. Anger? I didnt have internet access at the time of St. Anger. What band wasn't Metallica? Ive seen anti-Beiber comments on music videos from just about every non-teenybopper pop genre. From rock videos, to extreme metal ones, you'll find idiots directing hate to Beiber. And if it's not him, it's the Jonas Bros getting slated. Its rare for me to come across any youtube video now, without seeing some lame, anti-Beiber comment.
27.01.2011 - 05:44
SlaytanicGonzo

Written by Angelic Storm on 27.01.2011 at 03:47

What was around the time of St. Anger? I didnt have internet access at the time of St. Anger. What band wasn't Metallica? Ive seen anti-Beiber comments on music videos from just about every non-teenybopper pop genre. From rock videos, to extreme metal ones, you'll find idiots directing hate to Beiber. And if it's not him, it's the Jonas Bros getting slated. Its rare for me to come across any youtube video now, without seeing some lame, anti-Beiber comment.

Yeah, you can't see a music video without reading JB's name. It's sooooo annoying. If they hate him so much why do they keep talking about him? They're just making him more famous.
And worse is the so called "metal militia" who plans attacks on JB's videos. Pathetic.
27.01.2011 - 06:49
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
I hate you Ozzy.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
27.01.2011 - 07:09
Symmachus

I don't have a good first impression on this commercial. It may have been Sharon's idea, because it is not uncharacteristic of her. I aslo am far from partial toward Justin Bieber.

By the way, I just realized something frivolous yet noteworthy: JB stands for both Jonas Brothers and Justin Bieber. Is it a coincidence... or is it a conspiracy ?
27.01.2011 - 07:40
ScanDoppelganger

Written by Symmachus on 27.01.2011 at 07:09

I don't have a good first impression on this commercial. It may have been Sharon's idea, because it is not uncharacteristic of her. I aslo am far from partial toward Justin Bieber.

By the way, I just realized something frivolous yet noteworthy: JB stands for both Jonas Brothers and Justin Bieber. Is it a coincidence... or is it a conspiracy ?

If you have not been thrown in a truck with a bag over your head by now, we can assume its safe. For now.
27.01.2011 - 07:55
PrimalAntagonist
Account deleted
So what next???? Justin beiber's next album is going to feature guest vocals from ozzy?????
Fuck it i dont care abt this mainstream shit! Ozzy died when he left Black sabbath...End of story.
27.01.2011 - 08:03
INÆRIS

Money is a nice thing to have I guess.
----
Still Life, Still Death
27.01.2011 - 09:58
Sworn

Written by SlaytanicGonzo on 27.01.2011 at 05:44

Written by Angelic Storm on 27.01.2011 at 03:47

Yeah, you can't see a music video without reading JB's name. It's sooooo annoying. If they hate him so much why do they keep talking about him? They're just making him more famous.
And worse is the so called "metal militia" who plans attacks on JB's videos. Pathetic.

I totally agree with you! I don't know why metal heads are paying so much attention to that stupid kid.
27.01.2011 - 11:19
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by SlaytanicGonzo on 27.01.2011 at 05:44

They are just making him more famous, which is the hilarious irony of it. I had never heard of Justin Bieber, until I started seeing his name pop up in the comments on just about every music video on youtube I watched. So it was actually the anti-Bieber brigade that made me aware of his existence in the first place! Oh, and that "metal militia" thing is the proof that some metal fans really are total dumbasses.

Hits total: 9734 | This month: 18