10. Crucifier Avenged
11. Rabid
12. Torn Through
13. Death Walking Terror [live] [German edition bonus]
14. Make Them Suffer [live] [German edition bonus]
15. Disfigured [live] [German edition bonus]

Additional info
Released in the following editions:
Limited box edition including Digipack & Zombie puppet.
Limited Digipack CD, including 4 bonus tracks.
Standard jewelcase edition.
LP + 7" on red vinyl, lim. + handnumbered to 500 units, the 7" includes the 4 bonus tracks.
LP, black vinyl, undisclosed number of copies.

The vinyl versions have a different artwork.

The Japanese edition includes 2 bonus live tracks.

A music video was made for "Encased in Concrete".

Engineered and mixed by Erik Rutan.
Additional engineering by Robert Caldwell and Brian Elliott.
Assistant engineering by Charles Godfrey, Jerry Ordonez, and Adrian Lozano.

Produced by Erik Rutan.

Recorded at Sonic Ranch Studios and Mana Recording Studios.
Mixed at Mana Recording Studios.
Mastered by Alan Douches at West Westside Music.

Artwork by Vince Locke.

Staff review by
Doc G.
Rating:
N/A
Wow! What a step forward Cannibal Corpse has made! Synthed orchestras, accordion, even some female operatic segments thrown in! This is clearly the dawn of a new era for this band, reinventing themselves into something far more intricate, dynamic and delicate than we've seen from them - or metal in general - for ages.

Read more ››
published 13.03.2012 | Comments (42)

Found in 45 lists
Top lists

Comments page 3 / 5

Comments: 128   Visited by: 1329 users
15.03.2012 - 01:19
Rating: 8
musicalkaratekid

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 15.03.2012 at 01:16

Written by musicalkaratekid on 15.03.2012 at 01:11

Written by Troy Killjoy on 13.03.2012 at 23:55

Written by musicalkaratekid on 13.03.2012 at 23:30
The rating this album is so fucking high! When i finally get the album i'll see if it really is worth an average 8.9...

It's inflated right now because the only people who voted thus far are fans.

Just wait until the rest of the site catches wind of it at the top of the charts. It'll probably end up anywhere between 7.9 and 8.3.

Yes, to be honest i wasn't convinced that it would stay so high. I know CC has its fair share of haters and devotees on here...

more devotees than haters. Actually. I think I am the only true CC hater here, who hates everything they have done and find them incredibly boring both on album and live. It's with reason I call them Cannibal Snore. Imo they are the single most overrated death metal band around.

I believe some of CC's discography is slightly overrated, but albums like 'The Bleeding' and 'Butchered at Birth' I herald as some of the better extreme metal albums I've heard heard in recent years. Still, my number one album of the year is sticking with 'A Eulogy for the Damned', until I hear CC's new album.
15.03.2012 - 01:25
Kenos
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 15.03.2012 at 01:16

I think I am the only true CC hater here, who hates everything they have done and find them incredibly boring both on album and live. It's with reason I call them Cannibal Snore. Imo they are the single most overrated death metal band around.

Oh, I call them Cannibal Clowns - always considered them a funny joke that's been lasting for too long.
15.03.2012 - 01:30
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Guest on 15.03.2012 at 01:25

Oh, I call them Cannibal Clowns - always considered them a funny joke that's been lasting for too long.

But clowns usually aren't boring and Cannibal Bore are hahahahaha CC produce the most bland death metal I ever heard from a so-called big dm band. Even on their debut they were already bland.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

15.03.2012 - 02:37
Rating: 9
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by musicalkaratekid on 15.03.2012 at 01:11
Yes, to be honest i wasn't convinced that it would stay so high. I know CC has its fair share of haters and devotees on here...

Yep, but that's almost always the case with bands who have above average popularity. You have bandwagon jumpers on both sides. People who like them just because they are popular, and people who bash them for exactly the same reason.

And yes, there will be people who will see the album is rated highly and vote it down without even listening to it. Either "just because", or they want to give albums they like more of a chance of being the top rated album of the year. But this isn't an issue just related to this album, it's been going on for a long time now.
15.03.2012 - 02:38
sandisrd

True is that CC still proves to be the best or I can say most technically promising Death-metal band ever!, so whatever you guys trying to speculate around them isn't just working!...:)

At end only the most brutally and groove band will survive, so i don't have to reveal which band is that!......;)
15.03.2012 - 04:42
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Angelic Storm on 15.03.2012 at 02:37
People who like them just because they are popular, and people who bash them for exactly the same reason.

You forgot people who like them because they enjoy the music and people who dislike them because they don't enjoy the music.

Some people actually care less about whether or not a band is mainstream.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
15.03.2012 - 05:21
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Troy Killjoy on 15.03.2012 at 04:42
You forgot people who like them because they enjoy the music and people who dislike them because they don't enjoy the music.

Some people actually care less about whether or not a band is mainstream.

No, I didn't forget them. I simply said you always get bandwagon jumpers where a popular band is concerned. I never suggested that you can't genuinely like or dislike them. You just misinterpreted what I was saying.

You've twisted what I said to make it sound like I said something which I didn't. Saying popular bands attract bandwagon jumpers was in no way suggesting that everyone who has an opinion on such bands is a bandwagon jumper. Stop telling me things I'm quite well aware of.

Actually, I don't think this is the first time you've tried to point this out to me, even though I've told you before that you're misinterpreting me...
15.03.2012 - 05:38
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Angelic Storm on 15.03.2012 at 05:21
Actually, I don't think this is the first time you've tried to point this out to me, even though I've told you before that you're misinterpreting me...

Probably because whenever you defend things you like, you always make it about haters or fanboys and popularity. Rarely do I see you post about people who actually enjoy music for what it is, or dislike the music for what it is. It's not that I misinterpret you, it's that I play devil's advocate to your restricted viewpoint - not that you have a restricted view, but you comment as if you do.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
15.03.2012 - 05:53
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Troy Killjoy on 15.03.2012 at 05:38
Probably because whenever you defend things you like, you always make it about haters or fanboys and popularity. Rarely do I see you post about people who actually enjoy music for what it is, or dislike the music for what it is. It's not that I misinterpret you, it's that I play devil's advocate to your restricted viewpoint - not that you have a restricted view, but you comment as if you do.

Once again you've misinterpreted me. The post of mine you quoted above had nothing to do with "defending" my like either of this album, or of Cannibal Corpse themselves. I was simply addressing a point made by the person I quoted. You also conveniantly overlooked the part where I said that the practice of voting down albums that people haven't even listened to (and simply to try and make albums they do like have a stronger chance of being the top rated album of the year) was not restricted to this album only, and has been going on almost ever since I've been here. Even the mods here have accepted that this practice goes on, so what I said had zero to do with defending Cannibal Corpse, or any other band I like for that matter.

I don't have a restricted view, and I think deep down, you know that yourself. I post plenty about people who actually enjoy music for what it is, I think it's just that you choose to focus specifically on the posts where I address the issue of haters and fanboys. There are people here who mention fanboys way more than me, and I don't see you jumping on their posts in the same manner as you do mine. You're also wrong to suggest that I address that issue because I'm "defending" things I like. I have no reason to defend my musical tastes, because I don't care what anyone else thinks of them. I address the issue simply because it's relevant, and no other reason.

Anyway, as I've stated before, my view of that issue is completely impartial, so it's pretty silly to say I bring up the issue to defend what I like, when I also castigate fanboys as well. You're simply reading what you want into the posts I make about that, rather than what I'm actually saying.
15.03.2012 - 06:11
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
^ Meh.
----
15.03.2012 - 06:18
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Troy Killjoy on 15.03.2012 at 06:11

^ Meh.

Exactly.
15.03.2012 - 06:22
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Since you felt the need to quote me, may I suggest this. It'll help you relax a little.

And for the purpose of being relevant: http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Cannabis_Corpse/84344
----
15.03.2012 - 06:24
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Troy Killjoy on 15.03.2012 at 06:22

Since you felt the need to quote me, may I suggest this. It'll help you relax a little.

Yep, as if using "^" to highlight a person's post is any different to quoting them.

Oh, and I'd suggest you take your own advice there... or maybe that's the problem.
15.03.2012 - 06:27
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
I'm actually pretty stoned at the moment. I don't even know what you were talking about in that novel you wrote.

I'm ready to pass out though. This thread's killing my buzz.
----
15.03.2012 - 06:30
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Troy Killjoy on 15.03.2012 at 06:27

I'm actually pretty stoned at the moment. I don't even know what you were talking about in that novel you wrote.

I'm ready to pass out though. This thread's killing my buzz.

So I was right, you are stoned? Geez... In that case, I think I'm better off leaving the marijuana alone thank you.
15.03.2012 - 06:43
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Ya I'm just in a low mood tonight. Lots of shit catching up. I was just confused by everything because I just wanted to say that not everything's about bandwagoning and then you wrote like this wall of text and I was like... I don't know if I can even respond to that without writing another novel in return. And like, it's Cannibal Corpse. I didn't even think shit got philosophical with them or anything. We should all be as visceral in the threads as their music, right?

"I don't like this shit!" "I could fuck your mom to these riffs!" Shit like that.

But it's cool it's cool.
----
15.03.2012 - 23:26
sonicmayhem
Account deleted
Hi everyone! I dont want to waste my breath about this precious album! I would like to say many thanks to SandisRD and completely agree with him, Torture will not let you down! I went to the Cannibal Corpse show last saturday, that was just groundbreaking, awesome Stop moaning about life and get Torture this will splatter your stereo out
16.03.2012 - 07:50
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Guest on 15.03.2012 at 23:26

I went to the Cannibal Corpse show last saturday, that was just groundbreaking, ...

A Cannibal Corpse show groundbreaking? That would be a first.

From Miriam webster dictionary

"" Definition of GROUNDBREAKING
: markedly innovative <has written a groundbreaking work>""

Nothing innovative about CC live shows at all.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

16.03.2012 - 08:21
sonicmayhem
Account deleted
Hey Marcel keep your negativity I will listen even more to Cannibal Corpse they proved themselves with cool riffs, drums, everything! If you dont like their style please leave!
16.03.2012 - 08:24
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Guest on 16.03.2012 at 08:21

Hey Marcel keep your negativity I will listen even more to Cannibal Corpse they proved themselves with cool riffs, drums, everything! If you dont like their style please leave!

You could have been blown away by them and apparently were. No problem there. To each their own. But to call their live show groundbreaking is totally ludicrous. What do they do live no other band has done before? They play live like any other band so there is no innovation there.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

16.03.2012 - 09:09
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
People just don't know what groundbreaking means...
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
16.03.2012 - 10:02
Rating: 8
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Groundbreaking live shows by CC? Well, i really need to go with Marcel on this. They don't have any innovative stuff to do on live shows except the fact to see those guys going weird mill headbanging, but when it comes to music? Yeah, they're innovative.
16.03.2012 - 11:37
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Very few bands make groundbreaking music, and even fewer bands have groundbreaking live shows. I think some people believe that if a band is not innovative or groundbreaking in any way, then they must be bad. I love Cannibal Corpse, and there's nothing groundbreaking about their live shows at all. Sure, they are a very intense band live, but then, so are many other bands. There's nothing unique about that. They are a great live band, but there's nothing innovative about their live shows at all.
16.03.2012 - 12:25
Rating: 7
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
I'd also use the word "groundbreaking" for a CC show in order to say that they had an awesome show. (not about innovation). so i am not sure if the guy wanted to say that CC makes innovative shows, but it's a fact that CC are a fuckin Live Death Machine.
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
16.03.2012 - 12:34
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Deadmeat on 16.03.2012 at 12:25

I'd also use the word "groundbreaking" for a CC show in order to say that they had an awesome show. (not about innovation). so i am not sure if the guy wanted to say that CC makes innovative shows, but it's a fact that CC are a fuckin Live Death Machine.

That would be a wrong use of the word "groundbreaking". I can understand a non-native speaker of english misusing the word (as would be the case if you used it to describe a CC show) but not a native speaker of English, which I assume the guy I quoted is, since it says he is from the UK.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

16.03.2012 - 13:32
sandisrd

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 16.03.2012 at 12:34

Written by Deadmeat on 16.03.2012 at 12:25

That would be a wrong use of the word "groundbreaking". I can understand a non-native speaker of english misusing the word (as would be the case if you used it to describe a CC show) but not a native speaker of English, which I assume the guy I quoted is, since it says he is from the UK.

Well we can see now how people can get easily harassed by simple boastful exaggeration!, ho cares what this word literally explains or where this should properly be used!, guy is describing his joyful feelings after amazing show!, i guess you understand that?:), furthermore you should be doing something worth rather than pretending to be a smart ass here!!!. What about ''Cannibal corpse'' show, I've been there once and you can't basically compare anything with death-metal concert!, technically brutal, heavy, it's like storm ripping through your mind for a hour!, in two words describing GROUND BREAKING experience!;)...
16.03.2012 - 13:43
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by sandisrd on 16.03.2012 at 13:32

furthermore you should be doing something worth rather than pretending to be a smart ass here!!!. What about ''Cannibal corpse'' show, I've been there once and you can't basically compare anything with death-metal concert!, technically brutal, heavy, it's like storm ripping through your mind for a hour!, in two words describing GROUND BREAKING experience!...

I am not wasting my time on seeing them live ever again. I have seen them 6 times now and every time it was boring. Saw them all the way back in 1992, 1995, 2000, 2007, 2009, 2012 and every single time I found them totally boring. Loads of death metal bands are better live than them. but somehow people enjoy Cannibal Corpse live, good on them, let them be. But also allow me to say I find them boring.

And if CC are a ground breaking experience to you live I an only be totally stupified by the fact that a band who is far from groundbreaking live can deliever you a groundbreaking experience. Ules of course they were the frist ever band you saw live.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

16.03.2012 - 14:09
sandisrd

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 16.03.2012 at 13:43

Written by sandisrd on 16.03.2012 at 13:32

furthermore you should be doing something worth rather than pretending to be a smart ass here!!!. What about ''Cannibal corpse'' show, I've been there once and you can't basically compare anything with death-metal concert!, technically brutal, heavy, it's like storm ripping through your mind for a hour!, in two words describing GROUND BREAKING experience!...

I am not wasting my time on seeing them live ever again. I have seen them 6 times now and every time it was boring. Saw them all the way back in 1992, 1995, 2000, 2007, 2009, 2012 and every single time I found them totally boring. Loads of death metal bands are better live than them. but somehow people enjoy Cannibal Corpse live, good on them, let them be. But also allow me to say I find them boring.

And if CC are a ground breaking experience to you live I an only be totally stupified by the fact that a band who is far from groundbreaking live can deliever you a groundbreaking experience. Ules of course they were the frist ever band you saw live.

It's really amazing how one can say, ''I'm been six times on ''Cannibal corpse'' concert'', and being so many times stating their show is still boring (ever wonder why?:)), maybe the fact is that you just should change a band and stop convince yourself after so many times!, and nobody can satisfies everyone needs, in this case you just simply go where in your opinion is not boring!...
Just one thing remain!, next time try to spell words correctly (stupified, deliever, ules, frist), what is that?, your own language!...

So how you feel now!....;D
16.03.2012 - 14:19
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by sandisrd on 16.03.2012 at 14:09

next time try to spell words correctly (stupified, deliever, ules, frist), what is that?, your own language!...

stupefied is a correct word the rest are typos. and I am not using words in a wrong unike some people here are when it comes to the usage of the word groundbreaking.

As for seeing them six times. Some times you cannot not see a band. All the times I saw them they were on a bill with other bands and not headlining. And walking away during a support act shows total disrespect for the band. It is very rare I walk away from a band playing live. Unless they are really bad. But just boring? No, I just order another beer to numb the pain of boredom.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

16.03.2012 - 14:21
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by sandisrd on 16.03.2012 at 14:09

Just one thing remain!, next time try to spell words correctly (stupified, deliever, ules, frist), what is that?, your own language!...

amaiznig?

Hits total: 27968 | This month: 50