Metal Storm logo
Manowar vs Rhapsody

Original post

Posted by Baz Anderson, 30.01.2011 - 20:34
This should be an interesting one. Manowar are the original cheeses, but Rhapsody came onto the scene over ten year ago, and made metal more bombastic and cheesy than anyone had seen before. Rhapsody were on Manowar's record label, but after some disputes which included a prevention from Rhapsody performing live - they finally managed to get away onto another label.

I can't help but feel that Manowar were not too pleased to be out-cheesed, hence the restrictions put on the band. But this is just speculation. Let's find out who people like more - the original, or the modern.

Poll

Which is better?

Rhapsody Of Fire
Manowar

Total votes: 140
19.06.2012 - 06:03
FOOCK Nam

Wow I like both of their music, but prefer Manowar due to I find Manowar seems more hard than Rhapsody both music physique and lyrical attitude, more bombastic while Rhapsody too noble dignified and I never find good lyric of Rhapsody, enjoying their music but more upon Manowar as with broader aspects.
19.06.2012 - 06:27
Stabby
Account deleted
Lol, I have been listening to both on youtube for the last hour and both of them have comments like "brotherz of metalz we must unite to fight teh ebil pop musics. For The GLory Of Metalz!" Maybe this is a good comparison culturally, if not musically. The culture of teenagers on the internet listening to metal...
19.06.2012 - 13:22
arwestromen

American homo erotic cheese vs italian lord of the ring cheese.....meh I go for the men in leather
----
Don't fuck with sweden
We gave you IKEA
19.06.2012 - 14:37
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Guest on 19.06.2012 at 06:27

Lol, I have been listening to both on youtube for the last hour and both of them have comments like "brotherz of metalz we must unite to fight teh ebil pop musics. For The GLory Of Metalz!" Maybe this is a good comparison culturally, if not musically. The culture of teenagers on the internet listening to metal...

I actually doubt the culture of teenage metalheads at least generally, has changed very much from the 80's til now. The only difference was, the 80's metalhead kids didn't have access to the net back then. After all, Manowar's "posers leave the hall" and "death to false metal" nonsense was just as embraced by certain metalheads back in the 80's as it is now.
19.06.2012 - 18:36
Stabby
Account deleted
Written by Angelic Storm on 19.06.2012 at 14:37

Written by Guest on 19.06.2012 at 06:27

I actually doubt the culture of teenage metalheads at least generally, has changed very much from the 80's til now. The only difference was, the 80's metalhead kids didn't have access to the net back then. After all, Manowar's "posers leave the hall" and "death to false metal" nonsense was just as embraced by certain metalheads back in the 80's as it is now.

So Rhapsody owes their fervent following of tr00 metal warriorz to Manowar. Well then! It's a legacy of cheese. The more you know
22.06.2012 - 06:36
Mattybu

Tough call, but at the end of the day, Rhapsody Of Fire's music is easier for me to get involved in. Cheesy as it may be, sometimes it can really take me away. A few Manowar songs have done that though, like the Dawn of Battle or whatever that song in Brutal Legend is called. That song is good.

I would say I definitely appreciate these bands more than a lot of people in general though
28.06.2012 - 11:16
Josh Gottret

I think that both are amazing bands, but I put in first place Rhapsody of Fire, 'cause...they are really great musicians, I'm not saying that Manowar doesn't but I think ROF are better...anyway, awesome solos...epic choirs and glorious lyrics give to ROF a great advantage!!!
Manowar it's always Manowar...brave men and muscles...girls here, girls there...but nothing else matters...and their albums...they have an amazing and powerfull threesome "Kings Of Metal", "The Triumph Of Steel", "Louder Than Hell" but after that...what happened??? The same boring and repetitive songs!
30.06.2012 - 12:45
axelx666

6 simple words:

WHEN OTHER BANDS PLAY, MANOWAR KILL!!!

but in a serious note: manowar defined the world of metal and pumped out more hits then rhasphody (true they've been around longer) but i mean hail to
england is a great album and so is warriors of metal. and they also set the record for loudest band ever AND longest concert . (google it folks) they reached a SPL of 139 db! and that was just during the sound check! and they played for 5 hours and 1 minute in Bulgaria in 2008.

btw the threshold of pain is SPL 130db (150 is a jet engine)

i think i made myself clear.
----
"they can't stop us,let them try,for heavy metal we will die"
"on olemassa asioita karmivimmat yönä olen yksi heistä."
" we are the new bucolic,we are the pulse of the maggots"
"END"
30.06.2012 - 12:49
Andreas

Yeah, they're so busy killing that they forget to play music
30.06.2012 - 23:15
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
When other bands play, Manowar gay
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

01.07.2012 - 02:47
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Why compare two bands that are completely different from each other as Manowar and Rhapsody are?
01.07.2012 - 18:11
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Valentin B on 01.07.2012 at 02:47

Why compare two bands that are completely different from each other as Manowar and Rhapsody are?

you can easily compare the totally over them op cheese factor of both
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

01.07.2012 - 18:32
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Pretty sure I voted for Rhapsody... I still would do the same. At least I used to like them, Manowar on the other hand was always shit to me.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
06.07.2012 - 16:01
LichBorne

Manowar is THE GAYEST METAL BAND I ever heard of. if you put Justin Bieber and Manowar in topic I would vote for Bieber