Metal Storm logo
Metal Storm Awards 2010 - Voting Open!!!

Dear Metalstormers,

The 2010 Metalstorm Awards are here!

Throughout the year, a dedicated team at the Metal Storm HQ donates countless hours making the definitive list of all the worthwhile albums in every possible metal subgenre released throughout the year. In January, amidst heated arguments, we prune this list to an exclusive grouping of what we believe to be truly the best and most influential albums released. Our team also spends insane amounts of time preparing descriptions and making sure each and every nominee's music is easy to access and listen to.

This year, we're introducing the new Clandestine Cut Of The Year category. We're very excited to be promoting some of these fresh and hungry artists based on their excellent demos and EPs. Please take some time to check out this section.

Please don't ignore all this effort - check out all nominees before voting. Please vote for the best, not for the most well-known! You can cast your votes HERE. Voting will be open all month; winners will be announced March 1st.

Finally, don't forget to tell all of your friends to register at Metal Storm and help make these awards the most luxurious and definitive metal awards out there! Please feel free to post links to the awards on your blogs, twitter pages and social networks.

And most importantly - don't forget to have fun! 2010 was a year rich in awesome releases, here is your chance to discover some of them!

The Metal Storm Awards 2010 Team

Source: metalstorm.net
Posted: 01.02.2011 by jupitreas

Comments page 4 / 4

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 98   [ 5 ignored ]   Visited by: 1033 users
03.02.2011 - 12:06
Darkside Momo
Retired
elite
Written by Jon on 03.02.2011 at 08:57

If you answered yes to all 3, we are sorry to inform you that your account on metalstorm.net has been permanently banned. Your home address details have been forwarded to Kerry King, who will be around shortly to eat you while Fenriz and Cronos look on and laugh."

But please, don't spoil our plans already
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
03.02.2011 - 14:41
IronAngel
Regarding the post-metal/avant-garde stuff: the "avant-garde" category should probably be renamed to experimental/crossover metal or just "odds and ends" because the very nature of the category is a lack of common denominator. Avant-garde is simply French for experimental, and it's not commonly used in rock, metal or most popular music.

Post-rock and shoegaze are such close genres these days that there's no reason to differentiate between post-metal and so-called "shoegaze metal" either; especially since the latter is focused on a certain scene and will probably not become a long-lived, self-sufficent genre. Post-metal or atmospheric sludge is firmly its own style and is far from experimental or avant-garde.
03.02.2011 - 14:59
Daydream Nation
Account deleted
No...but there were enough good albums in post-rock and enough in shoe-gaze/experimental-crossover metal to warrant two sections, in my opinion...and knowing shoegaze, in the future there will be enough for a whole category on its own. It's blossoming like nobody's business.
03.02.2011 - 18:14
Thryce
Retired Staff
elite
Public service announcement: all those super-duper-hilarious Wintersun votes have been merged into one, but thanks anyway (...as if voting for an album that hasn't been released yet wasn't already dumb enough).

Funny thing about Time is that the year it will be released - assuming MS still exists by then - it will undoubtedly win the biggest letdown award by a landslide again, because y'know, the band isn't even good to begin with. Plus, there's no way in hell Mäenpää will manage to live up to the expectations. Just saying.

EDIT: And to whoever voted Troy Gallant as biggest letdown, you're a hero!
----
Your favorite band sucks.
05.02.2011 - 13:59
JohnDoe
Account deleted
Someone voted for Opeth - Still Life - "write in" vote in the alternative metal category. WTF?

lame...
11.02.2011 - 15:10
Slayer666
The Foreshadowing probably gets my vote for Gothic Metal category, although there is nothing really outstanding among those nominees, IMO. And, SoulGrind, seriously? "The Tuoni Pathway" sounds like a bloody Nightwish tribute album.
Still haven't checked out half of Extreme Doom and Black nominees, and I doubt I'll have time.
Curse you, offline world...
11.02.2011 - 21:17
Promonex
Cathemeral
elite
Written by Slayer666 on 11.02.2011 at 15:10

The Foreshadowing probably gets my vote for Gothic Metal category, although there is nothing really outstanding among those nominees, IMO.

For me Throes of Dawn have taken the cake. Took me quite a while to let it grow on me, but it was worth it
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
11.02.2011 - 21:31
Ivor
staff
Written by Promonex on 11.02.2011 at 21:17

Written by Slayer666 on 11.02.2011 at 15:10

The Foreshadowing probably gets my vote for Gothic Metal category, although there is nothing really outstanding among those nominees, IMO.

For me Throes of Dawn have taken the cake. Took me quite a while to let it grow on me, but it was worth it

That one didn't need to grow on me. It was a whoah! class revelation for me.

I.
----
No friends for playing games
No foes who scorn my name
Computerized machines of steel and rust
/---/
No friends in my house on Mars
No foes in my house on Mars
I was born in my house on Mars
I will die in my house on Mars
-- Ayreon - My House on M

Hits total: 9807 | This month: 13