Metal Storm logo
Bonded By Blood - Involved In Van Accident, Shows Cancelled

US thrashers Bonded By Blood were involved in a weather-caused van accident last weekend. On the icy highway to Trenton, NJ their van slipped and trailer flipped over. Thankfully nobody got hurt, though their trailer was damaged beyond immediate repair.

Bassist Jerry Garcia, who was driving the van, tells the story: "As I was driving down the road the weather kept getting worse and worse. It was very difficult to see outside of our windows and the road was becoming one big sheet of ice. I was going about 40-45 mph about two hours from the venue, listening to the song "Chase The Wind" by our friends band Holy Grail on my headphones, when suddenly I realized that our trailer was on a massive hydroplane completely adjacent to us. I laid off the gas and as soon as I did the trailer pulled the van and caused me to loose complete control. All I could say was "OH FUUUUCK!" I managed to narrowly miss the center divider and a few cars before we skid completely across the highway and almost hit the wall on the other side."

Kids, at this point I think we've all learned a valuable lesson here, do not listen to Holy fucking Grail while driving in the snow. (ed.)

Anyway, the story continues: "I'm not superstitious but it's kind of ironic that Mauro was listening to "Dying Season" by Heathen and the exit off the highway we took after all was said and done was named Moosic."

"We will probably have to miss a few gigs until we can get back on our feet again and get some form of transportation for our gear. Our trailer is fucked beyond immediate repair. We will have to leave it behind and find something else to haul our stuff in. I just hope that our gear is fine and nothing was destroyed. I apologize to anyone that came to see us tonight or will come to see us tomorrow but our safety comes first. We have to get everything fixed and safe before we can go anywhere in this weather. We are extremely bummed that we will have to miss some gigs, this is DEFINITELY NOT OUR STYLE (to miss shows and disappoint our fans) but sometimes things get out of hand."

Bonded By Blood still have a huge tour schedule ahead of them, so you'll have plenty of other chances to see them. For the full story and all tour dates, click here.

Source: earachenews.blogspot.com
Band profile: Bonded By Blood
Posted: 01.02.2011 by BudDa

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 4   [ 2 ignored ]   Visited by: 78 users
01.02.2011 - 15:09
Valentin B
Iconoclast
It's good they're ok, and HOLY SHIT i took a look at their tour schedule and it's incredible, these guys have a full 4 months of touring ahead of them, i'm curious what kind of jobs they have that allow them to tour for so long without massive promotion from "chainsaw charlie" if you know what i mean..
01.02.2011 - 19:57
SlaytanicGonzo
Oh, how I hate Tour driving accidents in metal bands. Metallica, Death Angel, Decapitated, Finntroll. Thankfully nothing happened this time.
01.02.2011 - 22:03
Lit. Metalhead
Account deleted
Seems that even Mother Nature's against the Metal.
03.02.2011 - 06:47
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Cool guys, I hope they'll be again on the road soon!
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"

Hits total: 2466 | This month: 3