08. I Had A Dream...
09. Lord Of Thorns
10. Decapitated Saints
11. They're Coming...
12. Black Velvet And Skulls Of Steel
13. Raping The Earth [Extreme Noise Terror cover] [Digipak bonus]
14. Troops Of Tomorrow [The Exploited cover] [Digipak bonus]

Additional info
Produced by Wojtek and Sławek Wiesławski. Recorded, mixed and mastered at Hertz Recording Studio by Sławek and Wojtek Wiesławski. Assistant engineer - Rafał Konopka.

Staff review by
Daniell
Rating:
Ladies and gents, let's have a look at one of the great moments of world cinema, a masterpiece of mass entertainment and witty dialogue, "Pulp Fiction":

VINCENT: (..) you know what the funniest thing about Europe is?
JULES: What?
VINCENT: It's the little differences. A lotta the same shit we got here, they got there, but there they're a little different.

Read more ››
published 24.09.2011 | Comments (45)

Found in 37 lists
Top lists

Comments page 3 / 3

Comments: 89   Visited by: 1060 users
30.08.2011 - 01:58
Rating: 9
strade

Written by Fat & Sassy! on 27.08.2011 at 21:46

Written by Big-Al on 18.08.2011 at 15:12

Anyone else think Peter'd been playing bioshock when they did the artwork?

welcome to Rapture anyone?

Is a man not entitled to the metal of his choice? 'No!' says the man in the mountains, 'It must be folk metal.' 'No!' says the man in the Vatican, 'It must be Christian Metal.' 'No!' says the man in Mordor, 'It must be power metal.' I rejected those answers; instead, I chose something different. I chose the death metal. I chose... Vader.

One of my favorite comments ever. Good work.
----
My lo-fi synth project: http://luciddreamer.bandcamp.com
31.08.2011 - 10:08
Fat & Sassy!

Written by strade on 30.08.2011 at 01:58

Written by Fat & Sassy! on 27.08.2011 at 21:46

Written by Big-Al on 18.08.2011 at 15:12

Anyone else think Peter'd been playing bioshock when they did the artwork?

welcome to Rapture anyone?

Is a man not entitled to the metal of his choice? 'No!' says the man in the mountains, 'It must be folk metal.' 'No!' says the man in the Vatican, 'It must be Christian Metal.' 'No!' says the man in Mordor, 'It must be power metal.' I rejected those answers; instead, I chose something different. I chose the death metal. I chose... Vader.

One of my favorite comments ever. Good work.

Why, thank you kind sir. :3
03.09.2011 - 23:39
Rating: 10
Big-Al

Hehe still, it is a great album, and bioshocks artwork was brilliant too
----

I drink moosepiss
24.09.2011 - 17:03
Saeed_p

Good album! not great as the older ones
02.10.2011 - 22:26
AyΣm
Abyssal Zebra
Fuckin' brutal, and so efficient! A great album, I can't wait to see the result on stage!
05.10.2011 - 21:57
Vikcen
Metálico
In my opinion this release is as strong as Litany , in that level
06.10.2011 - 11:30
R'Vannith
ghedengi
Written by Vikcen on 05.10.2011 at 21:57

In my opinion this release is as strong as Litany , in that level

I agree, perhaps even better than Litany!
13.10.2011 - 00:14
Bad Taste
Paramedic
VADER = indestructible tank commanded by one man.
09.12.2011 - 20:23
Big-Al

How can any one rate this album less than a 9?
----

I drink moosepiss
10.12.2011 - 00:35
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Big-Al on 09.12.2011 at 20:23

It's easy if you don't think it's worth that high a rating.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
10.12.2011 - 01:29
JÄY
Metal slave
Maybe I should try this again. I thought it was kinda bland with the first run-through.
12.12.2011 - 19:17
Big-Al

Written by Troy Killjoy on 10.12.2011 at 00:35

Written by Big-Al on 09.12.2011 at 20:23

It's easy if you don't think it's worth that high a rating.

so what'd you give it?
----

I drink moosepiss
12.12.2011 - 19:19
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Big-Al on 12.12.2011 at 19:17
so what'd you give it?

A high 6.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
14.12.2011 - 11:41
Big-Al

Written by Troy Killjoy on 12.12.2011 at 19:19

Written by Big-Al on 12.12.2011 at 19:17
so what'd you give it?

A high 6.

not much of a Vader fan?
----

I drink moosepiss
14.12.2011 - 21:49
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Big-Al on 14.12.2011 at 11:41
not much of a Vader fan?

Actually up until this release I've always thought of them as one of the most consistent death metal bands, up there with Immolation. The Art of War is probably my favorite EP (kind of a 1-a/1-b thing with DSO's Kenose).
----
14.12.2011 - 23:59
Big-Al

Written by Troy Killjoy on 14.12.2011 at 21:49

Written by Big-Al on 14.12.2011 at 11:41
not much of a Vader fan?

Actually up until this release I've always thought of them as one of the most consistent death metal bands, up there with Immolation. The Art of War is probably my favorite EP (kind of a 1-a/1-b thing with DSO's Kenose).

probably my favourite EP I own too.. but you never vote on any albums do you?
----

I drink moosepiss
15.12.2011 - 00:00
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Big-Al on 14.12.2011 at 23:59
probably my favourite EP I own too.. but you never vote on any albums do you?

I've voted and deleted my votes at least a dozen times. I'll probably get the urge to cast my votes again... I like having 1200 or so ratings for people to bicker about.
----
20.12.2011 - 00:46
Blasphemer1992

A very good album
10.01.2012 - 20:48
Rating: 8
Metal_Buff

Awesome... the Decapitated Saints re-do might be my favourite track this year!
15.01.2012 - 14:14
Paradox0
Unasuming Madnes
What this album does really nice is take everything thats good from the spectrum of various death metal genres and consolidate them into a single well made package. Sure nothings all that new but nothing needs to be. I swear Vader's been listening to some Behemoth, Fleshgod Apocalypse AND Septic Flesh (I know Vader is older than all of these bands ). The drum work seems at times very reminiscent of the two first bands and the occasional foray with symphonic elements makes me think they are referencing what are the new big things in death metal. Its not done in a bad way and its not like any riffs are stolen. If anything I feel like I'm at some death metal amusement parks where all of thee styles intermesh with each other while being distinct experiences from each other like some kind of death metal roller coaster. This is my first Vader album and although I've listened to this twice I see this album turning into a grower over time.
15.01.2012 - 15:30
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by Paradox0 on 15.01.2012 at 14:14

What this album does really nice is take everything thats good from the spectrum of various death metal genres and consolidate them into a single well made package. Sure nothings all that new but nothing needs to be. I swear Vader's been listening to some Behemoth, Fleshgod Apocalypse AND Septic Flesh (I know Vader is older than all of these bands ). The drum work seems at times very reminiscent of the two first bands and the occasional foray with symphonic elements makes me think they are referencing what are the new big things in death metal. Its not done in a bad way and its not like any riffs are stolen. If anything I feel like I'm at some death metal amusement parks where all of thee styles intermesh with each other while being distinct experiences from each other like some kind of death metal roller coaster. This is my first Vader album and although I've listened to this twice I see this album turning into a grower over time.

i cant imagine vader taking influence from FA or SF... maybe i am wrong but they always had some symphonic elements on their albums i think...
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
15.01.2012 - 20:10
Misfit74

After some deliberation and a few more listens I've figured out for myself that I'm perhaps not as much a fan of this album as I should be. While it is very good in terms of production and being a complete album more or less - more than just a few decent tracks, I still find trouble with it being over-produced and having too many studio-related tricks that detracts from what would otherwise be a fairly straightforward set of quality death metal. I'm not a huge fan of the vocals, but I'm not saying their poor by any means - just not my favorite.

Overall, it's a good album that I find too many distractions on and that helps cause me to not return to it very often. If an album in my collection doesn't get a lot of listens, I take note of that. They hype around this album is great and perhaps the album is, too, for some or many, but the bottom line is that I don't play it very often. I think it suffers from trying to be 'too great' or 'too perfect' and that makes it awfully contrived.
15.01.2012 - 21:24
Paradox0
Unasuming Madnes
Written by Deadmeat on 15.01.2012 at 15:30

i cant imagine vader taking influence from FA or SF... maybe i am wrong but they always had some symphonic elements on their albums i think...

As I said this is my first Vader album and I figured that symphonic death metal is becoming a new fad of sorts but this album has gotten me intrigued wi the band.
15.01.2012 - 22:19
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by Paradox0 on 15.01.2012 at 21:24

Written by Deadmeat on 15.01.2012 at 15:30

As I said this is my first Vader album and I figured that symphonic death metal is becoming a new fad of sorts but this album has gotten me intrigued wi the band.

ok i know! thats why i didnt "charged" you. haha! go back to back and you'll surely like this band a lot. Litany, Black to the Blind, Revelations, Impressions in Blood and the awesome EP The Art Of War will surely get you stoked.
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
15.02.2012 - 17:05
NocturnalStalker
Metal Addict
Not my favourite Vader album by any means but still a pretty good record. Or maybe my expectations are always too high when it comes to this band?
I get the impression that this album is more solid than previous ones as there aren't any standout tracks but, at the same time, there isn't a single track that's out of place.
And, honestly, I don't see any inspirations taken from Fleshgod Apocalypse or Septic Flesh here. The usage of some epic-sounding keyboards isn't unusual for Vader and guitar riffs are in the vein of their early works.
----
"And we are not who we think we are
We are who we're afraid to be"
- Lux Occulta "The Opening of Eleventh Sephirah"
23.06.2012 - 11:48
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Great guitar work on this album for vader. i hope for a better songwriting on the next album so that we can talk for one of their best albums. the drumming is SICK. listen to "only hell knows", AWESOME! fav songs are "the black eye" and "only hell nows"...
----
18.02.2013 - 18:00
Illog1cal
Account deleted
This album feels a lot like 'The Ultimate Incantation' to me, only more technical.
30.01.2015 - 00:20
Rating: 7
flightoficarus
Stamp Tramp
This is probably the one Vader album that most people love and I cannot get down with. Something about it just does not connect with me. I vastly prefer Tibi Et Igni.
----
Daily underground metal recommendations at Metal Trenches.
Watch metal content on the Metal Trenches YouTube Channel.
17.12.2015 - 22:32
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by flightoficarus on 30.01.2015 at 00:20

This is probably the one Vader album that most people love and I cannot get down with. Something about it just does not connect with me. I vastly prefer Tibi Et Igni.

I re listened this today its more album like if you don't like dm , you still might listen this album and band seems has a touch to make good albums, how many they are, many and each are equally good,
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing

Hits total: 30574 | This month: 18