Metal Storm logo
Falconer - New Album Due In June

Armod, the new album from Swedish folk power metal band Falconer, will be released on June 3th in Europe via Metal Blade Records.

Armod was recorded at King Diamond guitarist Andy La Rocque's Sonic Train Studios in Varberg, Sweden during December and January.

Falconer commented: "The recording and mixing process went smoother than ever before. The album is embracing the Swedish folk music to a greater extent than before making it sound slightly more down to earth. The music spans from acoustic songs with cello, flute and fiddle to songs with blast beats and really heavy riffing.

As said before this is a 'one-time-only' album and does not define the future sound of Falconer, but it was about time to pay full notice to the infuence that has always made us different. Now we have that out of our system!"

Songtitles set to appear on Armod include "O, Tysta Ensamhet", "Svarta Änkan", "Dimmornas Drottning" and "Herr Peder Och Hans Syster".

Source: roadrunnerrecords.com
Band profile: Falconer
Posted: 01.02.2011 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 6   Visited by: 80 users
01.02.2011 - 20:59
Looking forward to this, can't wait! This is shaping up to be a great year for new exciting albums.
01.02.2011 - 21:43
ImperialTroll
Account deleted
Sweeeet this year is so awesome
02.02.2011 - 08:57
PrimalAntagonist
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 01.02.2011 at 21:43

YA.........I hope it lives up to the other releases lined up this year..........
02.02.2011 - 09:47
amarchand
Can't wait
02.02.2011 - 14:51
ImperialTroll
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 02.02.2011 at 08:57

Written by Guest on 01.02.2011 at 21:43

YA.........I hope it lives up to the other releases lined up this year..........

I sure hope so too! too many good bands are releasing this year...it's gonna be a massacre
03.02.2011 - 03:51
Luneth
Account deleted
Sounds promising...on paper, let's have some samples soon! Though, to be fair, Falconer have bot released anything I consider 'bad' so I suppose I should expect this to be good too, especially if they do as they say and mix a few genres into a folk power album.

Hits total: 3700 | This month: 8