Metal Storm logo
Mike Portnoy - Working On New Project With Symphony X Singer

Haven't heard from former Avenged Sevenfold drummer Mike Portnoy in at least three weeks... time for an update!

In a Twitter message a few hours ago, Portnoy reveals he is currently working on a new project with Symphony X frontman Russell Allen (also known from Allen/Lande and Star One).

In Portnoy's own words: "VERY excited about a new project I'm working on [with] one my [favorite] singers in the world: my bro, Sir Russell Allen. Wait till you hear this shit!"

The debut album of his other project - featuring Steve Morse ( Deep Purple, ex-Kansas), Neal Morse (Transatlantic, Spock's Beard), Dave LaRue (Dixie Dregs) and Casey McPherson (Alpha Rev, Endochine) - is tentatively due later in the year.

Source: mikeportnoy.com
Band profile: Symphony X
Posted: 04.02.2011 by Thryce

Comments page 2 / 2

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 36   Visited by: 283 users
11.02.2011 - 07:47
MetalSpider

Written by Angelic Storm on 11.02.2011 at 07:44

Written by MetalSpider on 11.02.2011 at 07:38
lol...well if it was Katy Perry, at least the project would look a little better.

Nah, Russell looks far better than her. lol

Well....he is kind of dreamy! lol!
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
11.02.2011 - 07:49
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by MetalSpider on 11.02.2011 at 07:47

Haha! No comment! xD
11.02.2011 - 07:54
MetalSpider

Written by Angelic Storm on 11.02.2011 at 07:49

Written by MetalSpider on 11.02.2011 at 07:47

Haha! No comment! xD

I think thats my cue to find a girlfriend again lol!
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
13.02.2011 - 06:39
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
And then if you add Michael Romeo to the picture, you just have a bunch of good lookin' guys

In all seriousness though, the best that MP can do is fuck off for awhile and come back with a brand new band...NOT A PROJECT! A band perhaps with some unknowns...actually, FOR SURE with some unknowns and just start all over again...
01.08.2011 - 15:34
Yavanna

Well, this I wanna see. HAIL PORTNOY
----
Carry me to the shoreline
Bury me in the sand
Walk me across the water
And maybe you'll understand
19.09.2011 - 22:55
John Shock

If this is really true, then i'm gonna love it, Progressive Metal with Symphonic Power Metal it's a great combination, one of the best voices with one of the best Drummers, well, it's gonna be preeeeeeety .... nice!

Hits total: 5236 | This month: 14