Metal Storm logo
Echoes

09.02.2011 - 23:46
AtLossForWords
Spinozistic
I'm really digging Echoes' debut album NaturelExistence. I was really quite surprised at just how good it was. I'm definitely looking forward to whatever they do in the future, and I really hope they get a spot on some kind of US tour too.

Is anyone else as impressed with this album as I have been? Fans of Dream Theater, Fates Warning, and others should really enjoy this.
----
Proud owner of many erased pages.
10.02.2011 - 02:56
JCJen7

Fucking love that album. It has a huge variety, and gets better and better.
----
This is my sig, respect it. Please.

CHECK THESE OUT
10.02.2011 - 03:46
Susan
Smeghead
Yes Nature | Existence is an excellent album! Really blew me away at the end of the year just when I thought 2010 prog couldn't get any better. I love the passion Echoes displays here - also they are one of those bands who does the variety/streamline thing exquisitely. Sometimes I can't believe it's a debut. Definitely a band to watch!
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
10.02.2011 - 22:30
AtLossForWords
Spinozistic
Written by Susan on 10.02.2011 at 03:46

Yes Nature | Existence is an excellent album! Really blew me away at the end of the year just when I thought 2010 prog couldn't get any better. I love the passion Echoes displays here - also they are one of those bands who does the variety/streamline thing exquisitely. Sometimes I can't believe it's a debut. Definitely a band to watch!

I didn't really hear much progressive metal from 2010 that I really liked. Granted it was all good, but Echoes really seemed to be on a different level from District 97, Orphaned Land, and OSI. OSI's Blood was a really good album though.
----
Proud owner of many erased pages.
11.02.2011 - 01:18
Susan
Smeghead
^ I found Echoes' album to be vastly superior to those others you mentioned. There were lots of good prog albums last year that, combined, made it a great year for me. However, there weren't as many singular amazing albums or instant classics. Hard to describe. It was a year jammed full of "good" and "great" but light on "spectacular."

Echoes was near the top for me though!
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
15.02.2011 - 21:29
blatantandy

Yes, I really rate this album. hopefully they'll develop into a top band.
16.02.2011 - 18:37
Malevolent-Jim

For a debut especially it was a brilliant album! I hope to hear more from them soon, though a European tour I think is unlikely.
07.03.2011 - 02:07
Music4TheSpirit
MetalForTheSpiri
I remember i saw them some time ago, but i have no idea they released an album till i saw it here nominated to the awards, i remember they were good live band, specailly in this venues with shitty sound, i havent listen to the album yet, im looking forward to it.
----
In this days we seem to be limited by scientific knowledge
"I'm a good man... while that don't interfere with my interest" Anonymous , taken from the low moderm and post-moderm consciences
07.03.2011 - 02:09
Susan
Smeghead
Written by Music4TheSpirit on 07.03.2011 at 02:07

I remember i saw them some time ago, but i have no idea they released an album till i saw it here nominated to the awards, i remember they were good live band, specailly in this venues with shitty sound, i havent listen to the album yet, im looking forward to it.

I'm curious, since they use a variety of vocalists on the album, do they also do that live? Or do they just use one vocalist live?
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
07.03.2011 - 03:31
Music4TheSpirit
MetalForTheSpiri
Written by Susan on 07.03.2011 at 02:09

Written by Music4TheSpirit on 07.03.2011 at 02:07

I'm curious, since they use a variety of vocalists on the album, do they also do that live? Or do they just use one vocalist live?

No i remember they were mostly an instrumental band, and the last time i saw them they had a very nice guest vocalist who was quite impressive, but was only one.
----
In this days we seem to be limited by scientific knowledge
"I'm a good man... while that don't interfere with my interest" Anonymous , taken from the low moderm and post-moderm consciences
22.03.2011 - 02:24
Dreamrafa

Hello guys, Rafael from Echoes here!

First of all i want to thank you for the great reception, i'm really happy to read so many kind words about our album!

For those of you wondering about our live shows, i can tell you that for the moment, we are working with guest singers also, so far local vocalist Ricardo Figueroa joined us for a few gigs last year, you can check out some live perfomances and rehearsals on our youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/echoesve

We dont make much live shows because in our country its very hard to find good venues to play, still we manage to do a couple of shows. We do have plans to play live with all singers from the album, but its very hard economically yet, still its something that could happen soon or later.

As for touring US and other parts of the world, of course we are looking forward to it, we where very close to touring US, as we where invited to play on SXSW festival, but unnafortunally we had problems with some visas and it was impossible to solve it on time. We are trying to tour Europe also, hope something comes up, if not right now maybe next year!.

Right now we are working on our 2nd album, putting togheter a lot of ideas and composing new songs, we should be recording the new album in a few months and should be done before the year ends, hopefully to have it released sometime into 2012 or sooner, cant tell yet.

Anyway, thats all the update for now, thanks again for such great reception and support, believe me we feel very motivated by all the good words we read here, and surelly we are working hard against all odd to continue making music!

Best Regards!
Rafael.

www.echoes.com.ve
www.myspace.com/echoesve
http://www.youtube.com/user/echoesve
http://www.facebook.com/echoesve
22.03.2011 - 03:12
SyndicCalls404

This band absolutely wins. Such a huge production sound that captures so much fresh originality.
23.03.2011 - 18:03
thehondo

Its Fantastic. One of the best of 2010. I just have a hard time commiting to a band without a designated singer. I think thats why it took me a while with Ayreon. I want to know whats in the future for any band.
----
No time like the present
24.03.2011 - 06:16
Susan
Smeghead
Awesome that Rafael took the time to post here - thanks! Well I hope to see them on tour one day... I can only imagine how awesome this music would be live.
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
28.06.2011 - 22:42
Milena
gloom cookie
It's so awesome, I was really at loss for words when I've heard it. Obviously, Dream Theater and similar references are present, but not a single time those names popped into my head when I listened to this, it's such a great, personal release.
----
7.0 means the album is good
29.11.2011 - 02:33
Dreamrafa

Hello guys!, just a quick update about the band..

We just released a new single, wich you can download here:

http://socialunlock.com/echoesve/download-descarga

And watch the video here:

We are currently working on releasing full DVD of Nature Existence live performance, and of course writting new stuff for our next album...

Best Regards!
Rafael.