Metal Storm logo
Pyramaze - Part Ways With Bassist And Guitarist

Official press release

It is with great sadness that we announce Michael Kammeyer and Niels Kvist's departure from Pyramaze.

From Michael Kammeyer: "Dear friends and fans of Pyramaze, I have for a long time now struggled to find the mental surplus as well as the sheer time to put into the large endeavor that Pyramaze has become. Back when I created the band in 2002, my private and professional life looked a lot different than it does today, and it has become increasingly taxing on me to find the energy that is needed to do all the stuff that I have to do. In fact it has become difficult to the point where it's not justifiable anymore.

I have had to take a long hard look at what I must do, to avoid a mental meltdown, and unfortunately I have had to make a hard decision - in fact, probably the hardest decision I've ever had to make. I feel the time has come to stop my journey with Pyramaze.

The band has been a very important part of my life for the last 8-9 years. I've built it from scratch, and I've been working my ass off to get Pyramaze to where it is now. So it is truly with a heavy heart that I now close this chapter.

However, Pyramaze will go on. Jonah, Urban, Toke and Morten have decided to carry on, and it is with a sense of comfort that I now leave the rudder in their capable hands. They are all great musicians, and I'm convinced they have some tricks up their sleeves in the songwriting department. I therefore hope that all of our awesome fans will continue to support Pyramaze.

I want to thank everyone who has helped the band through the years, fans as well as friends, family and business partners. I have always greatly appreciated your support. But most of all, thanks to my band brothers, who have made Pyramaze special to me. I hope the songs that I've written will continue to inspire, continue to put a smile on your faces and continue to make you raise your metal fists to the sky shouting Pyramaze!"

From Jonah W. on behalf of Pyramaze: "This is a truly a sad day for Pyramaze, with Michael and Niels announcing their departure. You will both be missed, and of course remain my lifetime friends. You have both made a tremendous mark on establishing Pyramaze as an institution in the underground Power/Heavy Metal world. I love and respect you both as though you were my own blood brothers. You guys have created so many memories that I will cherish forever. I speak for all of us when I say these things.

With that said, Pyramaze will carry forth, and the remaining members will carry the task of songwriting and orchestrating band responsibilities. We will do so with the intention of staying true and pertinent to Michael's vision; A vision of brotherhood and creativity indicative of musical integrity and honesty. To me Pyramaze stands for something rare in the music industry, with so many bands so quick to sell out with just a whiff of a big record deal or a few extra album sales. We will continue to honor our true fans, those who have been there since the beginning with Melancholy Beast and Legend Of The Bone Carver, in addition to those who joined the Pyramaze fellowship upon the release of Immortal. I am humbled and honored by Michael's faith in the remaining members to shoulder the responsibility of carrying on his vision, his creative child if you will.

I would hereby like to announce that my performance and writing input on our forthcoming album is dedicated to you, Michael and Niels."

Source: pyramaze.com
Band profile: Pyramaze
Posted: 10.02.2011 by White Winter Sun

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 4   Visited by: 85 users
10.02.2011 - 23:22
Kimiwind
Speed Metal God
It's indeed very sad to see the departure of great musicians like Kammeyer and Kvist.
Kammeyer was the mastermind behind this Pyramaze creature, he was great songwriter.
----
Wintermoon Calls you, Follow It And You Will Be Proud Forever.
11.02.2011 - 06:12
Dark Blood
The Avenger
Sad news... There goes another good band bye bye.
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
14.02.2011 - 17:20
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Sad news indeed. Hope they'll be able to maintain their high quality music anyway
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
20.02.2011 - 07:48
Novas
I agree with Kimiwind and GT. The songwriting and the instrumentation has to be top notch now with these guys leaving. Im supporting the new singer, but Im thinking they need Lance King back to ever be original Pyramaze again...

Hits total: 2719 | This month: 7