Metal Storm logo
Black Sabbath - No Reunion In The Works

Longtime Black Sabbath bassist Geezer Butler has shot down rumors of a Black Sabbath reunion with all original members.

Butler released the following statement: "I would like to make it clear, because of mounting speculation and rumours, that there will be definitely NO reunion of all four original members of Black Sabbath, whether to record an album or to tour."

The original Sabbath line-up of Ozzy Osbourne, Tony Iommi, Geezer Butler and drummer Bill Ward has not toured together since the summer of 2005, and last convened for their induction into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame in early 2006.

Source: geezerbutler.com
Band profile: Black Sabbath
Posted: 14.02.2011 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 16   [ 2 ignored ]   Visited by: 266 users
14.02.2011 - 00:27
ImperialTroll
Account deleted
Maybe they were thinking about it and shut down the idea after the Osbourne\Bieber little collaboration
14.02.2011 - 00:28
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
I didn't even know the rumors were being spread in the first place. :S
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
14.02.2011 - 00:33
Xim
Rocker of Worlds
That sucks. But oh well.
14.02.2011 - 00:54
SlaytanicGonzo

This sucks so much. If I don't see this band live before I die, then my life is not complete
14.02.2011 - 02:03
Lit. Metalhead
Account deleted
I expected a reunion so much, espessially after Dio's death.
This blows so hard.
14.02.2011 - 02:22
cluster53

14.02.2011 - 03:33
Void_Eater
Account deleted
I'd rather see them live with Tony Martin the Ozzy. I'd like to see them do a project with him similar to the "Heaven and Hell" band with Dio. Maybe call it Headless Cross.
14.02.2011 - 05:10
Sean_Avery

Written by Guest on 14.02.2011 at 03:33

I'd rather see them live with Tony Martin the Ozzy. I'd like to see them do a project with him similar to the "Heaven and Hell" band with Dio. Maybe call it Headless Cross.

I like the idea, Martin is a great singer, suits Sabbath very well, the Headless Cross approach could work.
14.02.2011 - 07:01
Paradox0
Unasuming Madnes
Seriously after the entire situation of Ozzy/Sharon trying to take HALF of the royalties as opposed to an even an even share (25%) I figured this shit wouldn't go down.
14.02.2011 - 08:44
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Written by SlaytanicGonzo on 14.02.2011 at 00:54

This sucks so much. If I don't see this band live before I die, then my life is not complete

you mean before they die, particularly given their respective ages and past drug/booze abuse.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
14.02.2011 - 12:07
DrunkenFuck
Thrasher!
Reunite with Tony Martin instead of that coked up shithead. Headless Cross was better than anything Ozzy ever was on anyway. A billion different vocalist, but when they talk about reunions, it's always Ozzy they're talking about. Such a shame. I would chop my own balls off just to see BS with Tony.
----
THRASH!!!
14.02.2011 - 15:35
Jon

I agree with the Shape man. A reunion with Ozzy would be miserable for the rest of the band, commercialize them due to contact with that awful vulture Sharon Osbourne, and sound terrible considering Ozzy's total inability to sing at all during the past couple of decades.
Let's instead look forward to Iommi collaborations with Gillan (in the works) and Martin (I wish!).
----
A mythology is a religion different enough from your own for it's absurdity to be obvious.
14.02.2011 - 18:10
Sangre Sani

That sucks. Badly.
14.02.2011 - 18:39
Silent Jay

Written by Guest on 14.02.2011 at 03:33

Tony Martin tried doing this a couple of years ago with a make-shift lineup. Tour was planned and everything then it just kinda died. It'll be nice but I doubt it will happen though. I think Tony Iommi should do some more stuff with Glen Hughes and new stuff with other musicians. His career has been mostly centred around Black Sabbath and related projects, would be nice to see him do something new and refreshing. I heard Geezer Butler is working on a new GZR album and obviously Ozzy is busy with his solo stuff for the next year or so... we might see another 'original' Black Sabbath reunion yet, just not for the time being....
15.02.2011 - 03:58
thesabbathfan

:'C
----
15.02.2011 - 07:07
Symmachus

I do kinda wish they got that album shared that they were sort of working on in around 2001, which did not get to fruition. Oh well, crap happens. Black Sabbath will always be a notable band to me personally, however.

Hits total: 3413 | This month: 8