03. Battle Cry
04. Soul Revolution
05. Trace In Eternity
06. Storm
07. Once Again
08. The Outcast
09. Who I Am
10. For You [bonus]

One can never get too careful when reviewing a local band. I'll try to be as objective as possible, but I hope you'll forgive me a little dose of pride? Forever Storm already has a special place among Serbian metal bands, although this is their debut album. How come? Our metal "scene" has just started to develop with the young bands; because we never had a real, cult heavy metal band which was popular throughout the country, like many lucky countries did, it's only natural that these young bands hold a special place in our hearts.

But enough of our sad situation, let's talk about the band. Like many, Forever Storm can be classified as classic heavy metal, with a little thrash and power metal influences. But there is something that makes them different and very enjoyable. You see, when we look at the elements of their music, they're all old school heavy metal killers-strong vocals, fast rhythm, nicely done riffs, dueling solos, a little touch of keyboards and lyrics that deal with ordinary things that trouble thinking young men. But, unlike all the other "old school" new metal bands who seem to be weeping for the eighties, these boys have found a way to bring classic metal into the 21st century. How do they do it? I have no idea, I'm no musician, but I know what I hear.

All the songs are of equal quality, but fans, of course, have their favorites: "Storm," which opens their every show, "Battle Cry" and my personal favorite, the anthemic "It Rains." When speaking of live shows, Forever Storm sound mature live, so maybe that's the reason why they have been selected to play Wacken last year as a representative of the Balkan bands, and won third place at the Metal Battle there.

Overall, Soul Revolution is an album for everyone (well, except if you like only extreme genres of metal) and it will be really hard to top. This will be a busy year for the band - they're planning to issue a live DVD and record a new album, so we shall see if the sophomore one will have what it takes to be better than this one, which is a problem for most bands. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Rating breakdown
Performance: 9
Songwriting: 9
Originality: 8
Production: 8

Written by Milena | 15.02.2011

Guest review disclaimer:
This is a guest review, which means it does not necessarily represent the point of view of the MS Staff.

Comments

Comments: 7   Visited by: 79 users
16.02.2011 - 02:29
Death To Posers
Hate Thy King
Nice Review, Sounds like something I'd be into.. I'll check it out!
----
The word gen means "illusion" or "apparition." In India, a man who uses conjury is called a genjutsushi ["a master of illusion technique"]. Everything in this world is but a marionette show. Thus we use the word gen.
16.02.2011 - 11:42
Rating: 8
Milena
gloom cookie
Be sure to do so, you won't get dissapointed
----
7.0 means the album is good
16.02.2011 - 23:19
Rating: 10
bokimaniac

Like i said before, this album really rocks! Can't wait for the new one!
06.03.2011 - 19:07
Mihailo_FF

Good review, I saw 'em about 10 times and they rocks!
07.03.2011 - 08:22
Milena
gloom cookie
Written by Mihailo_FF on 06.03.2011 at 19:07

Good review, I saw 'em about 10 times and they rocks!

Me too there are two videos out from the promotion gig at Le Cinema
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=906DoS0TypI
and the second one is for Storm, but I'm too lazy to link it at this time of morning
----
7.0 means the album is good
07.03.2011 - 17:45
Mihailo_FF

Great, I was there
08.03.2011 - 23:46
Milena
gloom cookie
Myself as well ^^
----