Metal Storm logo
Backyard Burial - Vocalist Stabbed To Death

Matthew "Blaps Warmonger" Hall, lead singer of New Zealand death metal band Backyard Burial, was murdered earlier this week.

A massive police hunt has been launched for the killer of a man who was the victim of a "ferocious" stabbing attack at his Wellington home. The body of Matthew John Hall, 35, was found in his Johnsonville flat about 6.15pm on Tuesday.

Police said that an autopsy showed he died of multiple stab wounds following a "ferocious" attack while he was in bed.

Tributes to Mr Hall have been left on the band's Facebook page, with one saying he was "head brewer, scholar, vocalist and best friend to many".

Detective Senior Sergeant Dave Thornton said he had "no doubt" someone had seen a person or people either enter or leave Mr Hall's property and called for any witnesses to come forward. Police were in the early stages of their enquiries and spent much of today speaking to Mr Hall's friends, family and associates, Mr Thornton said. He added: "As part of the investigation we have profiled Matthew's background, where he worked, all his friends and associates and we are taking that into consideration."

Source: nzherald.co.nz
Posted: 18.02.2011 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 30   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 408 users
18.02.2011 - 12:03
Tranquillizer
Account deleted
R.I.P
Really hope they find the bastard who done this
18.02.2011 - 12:28
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Fucking humanity!!!
RIP...
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
18.02.2011 - 13:05
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
DAMN, that's fucking rough. I've never heard of the band, but goodfuckinggod thats rough. RIP.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
18.02.2011 - 13:10
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
RIP
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
18.02.2011 - 13:43
Rebel Monster

What have this world come to

That bastard should rot in a prison cell.. filled up with his own shit & piss

Thoughts are with his friend's and family
----
Bad English :p
18.02.2011 - 15:22
6Dark6Borgir6

RIP
18.02.2011 - 15:35
JD
Account deleted
God damn it, what a news! RIP
18.02.2011 - 15:43
Behdaad
DEAD
Fuck fuck fuck
RIP
----
As tyranny becomes normality;
We hang at the end of the rope.
18.02.2011 - 16:02
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Gosh... don't know the band, but RIP
----
loves 小巫
18.02.2011 - 16:27
Lovecraft
Account deleted
Just like Mark Twain once said:

Of all the animals, man is the only one that is cruel. He is the only one that inflicts pain for the pleasure of doing it.

I hope the murderer suffers.

R.I.P.
18.02.2011 - 17:00
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
What does a guy to do deserve this?

I know, sometimes nothing, because sometimes people just go on a homicidal rampage and kill random people.

Nice picture by the way - love the PD shirt. Hopefully the next time we hear about this is when the murderer is caught and given a hefty sentence.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
18.02.2011 - 17:36
Feng

RIP
18.02.2011 - 17:43
Jiri

Look for Varg Vikernes...
18.02.2011 - 18:12
Lit. Metalhead
Account deleted
What is it with people?
RIP
18.02.2011 - 18:18
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Written by Jiri on 18.02.2011 at 17:43

Look for Varg Vikernes...

nah. it's perfectly cool to stab someone 20+ times if the person doing the stabbing is a metal musician.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
18.02.2011 - 18:57
ThyKingdomScvm

Never heard of the band, but R.I.P. brother

I hope they find the fuck who did it!
18.02.2011 - 19:08
Fallen'Angel

There should be a death penalty in every country in the world for murderers, rapists, pedophiles and all other scumbags who don't deserve to live .. i don't know the band but i hope the guy who did this will get a life sentence and get his ass raped till he bleeds every day for the rest of his miserable days in jail ...

RIP !
----
Im Your Source of Self-Destruction !
18.02.2011 - 20:03
warrior_of_ice

Well, that sucks...RIP
18.02.2011 - 20:25
Dark Blood
The Avenger
Written by Guest on 18.02.2011 at 16:27

Of all the animals, man is the only one that is cruel. He is the only one that inflicts pain for the pleasure of doing it.

R.I.P.

It's true that, and I agree. The human being is capable of the most atrocious things imaginable.

R.I.P. man.
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
18.02.2011 - 21:34
@gent_-_orange

For fucks sake... it boils my piss when i read things like this, i mean why did that guy think he had the fucking right to take someones life like that

R.I.P man
19.02.2011 - 03:07
Carl Berg
Carl Berg
As much as I am against murder, none of you actually know the cause of this conflict. Who knows what these two people had against each other. Maybe he deserved it. Maybe not. Murder is a big word; and it has the convienience of hiding the antecedents.
19.02.2011 - 03:41
The Night Wisher

RIP and I hope that the murder will be executed.
19.02.2011 - 06:19
Death To Posers
Hate Thy King
That's some crazy shit, I bet it was his girlfriend for some reason. I don't think anyone breaks into a house with only a knife during a home invasion...

RIP
----
The word gen means "illusion" or "apparition." In India, a man who uses conjury is called a genjutsushi ["a master of illusion technique"]. Everything in this world is but a marionette show. Thus we use the word gen.
19.02.2011 - 07:16
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by BitterCOld on 18.02.2011 at 18:18

nah. it's perfectly cool to stab someone 20+ times if the person doing the stabbing is a metal musician.

Especially when they claim self defense.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
19.02.2011 - 12:58
Elodie Artour
Slania
Written by Guest on 18.02.2011 at 16:27

R.I.P.

And so do I. RIP!

Mark Twain was pretty right...

@Carl Berg: You might be right, who knows... Still, I'm pretty sure that guy didn't deserve to die at such a young age.
----
Speak up dear 'cause I cannot hear you...
19.02.2011 - 15:56
shadow616

What a wonderful world... sings Louis Armstrong
----
www.soundbastards.pl
www.musicmetal.org
www.rycerze.wp.pl
20.02.2011 - 01:45
Symmachus

There are better ways to die than getting stabbed to death. That is significantly upsetting that he died like that. I hope that the culprit is caught and separated from society.
20.02.2011 - 02:07
RavenKing

Written by Fallen'Angel on 18.02.2011 at 19:08

There should be a death penalty in every country in the world for murderers, rapists, pedophiles and all other scumbags who don't deserve to live

Agreed. However, in this case, perhaps there is much more to it than we actually know.
Still, it sucks big time.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
20.02.2011 - 02:18
RavenKing

Written by Death To Posers on 19.02.2011 at 06:19

That's some crazy shit, I bet it was his girlfriend for some reason. I don't think anyone breaks into a house with only a knife during a home invasion...

RIP

It's an interesting and plausible theory.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
20.02.2011 - 17:11
3rdWorldFuckFace
Account deleted
The killer must be made to listen the entire cannibal corpse discography in a single sitting!

Hits total: 4814 | This month: 7