Lots of metal Heads feel that this genre has
nothing to offer, that it is unintelegent and
without feeling, that it's all about smokin'
joints and gang wars.

But others may realize that rap and metal
arn't so different after all. Just look at
How Public Enemy Did a Song with Anthrax,
It's simple, both metal and rap can tend to have
rebelious and politically themed music. (punk to actually)
They both can indicate Drug problems and spiritual
Awareness.

For me, Rap is my favorite Genre of Music second
only to metal (Of Course!) Because I feel, well......
Pretty much the same as how I explained on the previous
Paragraph. It's intelligent, Political and for the most part
rebellious music. It also sounds good to me, If it's a good
M.C., the words flow like water with the Beat in the background.

So, what about you, is it stupid to you?
Do just not like the Sound?
Or maby you Love the sound,
and hey, do you relate to it?

Go Forth and Tell me!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT: If you're going to critisize this genre of Music in any Negative way, Please make sure you critisize it with some inteligence. Statements like "The Only Good Rapper is a dead one," WILL BE MARKED AS A SPAM POST!!!
So please, remember that, and we're cool
25.06.2011 - 05:41
wormdrink414
elite
The best
25.06.2011 - 23:23
Mattybu
I think some artists can really communicate a lot. Sure, N.W.A.'s music does talk about bitchez and poppin niggaz wit cho gat, but it also does bring up some points about real issues they went through like racism and police brutality and growing up in the ghetto. They're my example of a good rap group.
29.06.2011 - 10:01
Elio
Red Nightmare
NWA is one of the most bad mouthed act ever, but damn, are they good. Straight Outta Compton is a fucking boss album.

Listening to more and more hip hop these days, as I am still discovering some of the classic shit (totally hooked by Biggie recently) and some new one. You all might be interested in Has-Lo debut, laidback stuff with a 2pac sentimental vibe.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
02.07.2011 - 04:48
Mattybu
Written by Elio on 29.06.2011 at 10:01

NWA is one of the most bad mouthed act ever, but damn, are they good. Straight Outta Compton is a fucking boss album.

Straight Outta Compton is an awesome album man, totally agree! They really shaped gangsta rap with that one. And I think it still holds well today.
04.07.2011 - 02:41
JD
Account deleted
Anyone heard "The Watcher II" Jay-Z (Feat. Dr.Dre, Rakim & Truth Hurts)? its better than the original one.

Another rap song i like is "Xzibit Feat. Dr.Dre - U know"
04.07.2011 - 05:27
Void Eater
Account deleted
My favorite rapper is Paris. His lyrics revolve around black supremacy and whatnot, but he's damn good. His music is a lot darker than most rap, which is of course a good thing. Big Daddy Kane is also good, and you can never go wrong with Biggie. I've also been liking Odd Future a lot latley. Yeah, they're just a trend right now, but the music is pretty good. Again, it's somewhat darker than most hip hop.

Oh yeah, and N.W.A. Despite being an upper middle class white kid who's never gotten in trouble with the law, I can't help but sing along with "Fuk tha police, comin straight from the underground! A young niga's got it bad cuz I'm brown!"
09.07.2011 - 18:27
EmperorGonzo
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 04.07.2011 at 02:41

Anyone heard "The Watcher II" Jay-Z (Feat. Dr.Dre, Rakim & Truth Hurts)? its better than the original one.

Another rap song i like is "Xzibit Feat. Dr.Dre - U know"

That is the exact stuff that I can't get into. The culture and really the music is to gangster and ghetto.
09.07.2011 - 18:36
JD
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 09.07.2011 at 18:27

The culture and really the music is to gangster and ghetto.

I really don't know, what you exactly meant by that, but I just listen to the music.
09.07.2011 - 18:37
EmperorGonzo
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 09.07.2011 at 18:36

I really don't know, what you exactly meant by that, but I just listen to the music.

Meaning that they make the music for the fame/gloy/money. We all know how that turns out.
09.07.2011 - 18:45
JD
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 09.07.2011 at 18:37

Meaning that they make the music for the fame/gloy/money. We all know how that turns out.

I know, I know, yeah it's lame, but if the song stucked in your mind, you can't do anything about it, specially with Dr.Dre's voice in it, and I'm an old N.W.A fan, so... it's hard for me not to check the new stuff.
09.07.2011 - 18:46
EmperorGonzo
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 09.07.2011 at 18:45

Written by Guest on 09.07.2011 at 18:37

I know, I know, yeah it's lame, but if the song stucked in your mind, you can't do anything about it, specially with Dr.Dre's voice in it, and I'm an old N.W.A fan, so... it's hard for me not to check the new stuff.

I wish the quality of their music was the same as it was back in the day. Why does everything have to be updated with the new cultured bullshit rap.
09.07.2011 - 19:06
Death To Posers
Hate Thy King
Written by Guest on 04.07.2011 at 05:27

My favorite rapper is Paris. His lyrics revolve around black supremacy and whatnot, but he's damn good. His music is a lot darker than most rap, which is of course a good thing. Big Daddy Kane is also good, and you can never go wrong with Biggie. I've also been liking Odd Future a lot latley. Yeah, they're just a trend right now, but the music is pretty good. Again, it's somewhat darker than most hip hop.

Oh yeah, and N.W.A. Despite being an upper middle class white kid who's never gotten in trouble with the law, I can't help but sing along with "Fuk tha police, comin straight from the underground! A young niga's got it bad cuz I'm brown!"

Wow, I'm surprised you know about Paris.. Always thought he was kind of unknown outside of the city.

This album was really popular in Highschool and his old stuff is what inspired a lot of the popular rappers coming out of the scene today.

EDIT: Also, wouldn't call him a "black supremacist", I think he was more about "seperate but equal
"
----
The word gen means "illusion" or "apparition." In India, a man who uses conjury is called a genjutsushi ["a master of illusion technique"]. Everything in this world is but a marionette show. Thus we use the word gen.
15.07.2011 - 13:30
Deadsoulman
elite
Written by Elio on 29.06.2011 at 10:01

Listening to more and more hip hop these days, as I am still discovering some of the classic shit (totally hooked by Biggie recently) and some new one. .

It's basically been the same for me for about one year now. I found this page quite useful for classic stuff recommendations. I'm still struggling to find a website similar to MA or Metal Storm, but for hip-hop. Either I suck at searching the interwebz or such a thing doesn't exist.
15.07.2011 - 13:45
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by Deadsoulman on 15.07.2011 at 13:30

It's basically been the same for me for about one year now. I found this page quite useful for classic stuff recommendations. I'm still struggling to find a website similar to MA or Metal Storm, but for hip-hop. Either I suck at searching the interwebz or such a thing doesn't exist.

I rely on this, good man
RYM
----

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
15.07.2011 - 14:26
Deadsoulman
elite
Oh ok, I've always found RYM so ugly that I've never gone beyond the homepage I didn't know it could actually be useful. Thanks
15.07.2011 - 14:45
Elio
Red Nightmare
Hah, I used to think "what to do with another music site now" when I first joined but now that's become my favourite place where to get recs about ANYTHING
----

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
27.09.2011 - 23:49
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Elio on 15.07.2011 at 14:45

Hah, I used to think "what to do with another music site now" when I first joined but now that's become my favourite place where to get recs about ANYTHING

Have you ever listened to Big Pun or Big L? I've been pretty hard into them lately. Two of the sickest rappers I've ever heard, ever. man it's so east coast.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
28.09.2011 - 00:06
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U76Nde6rMTw&NR=1
Also I can't forget Gang Starr, who i've been listening to for a couple of years now but am just now getting into 'buy album' mode.
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

28.09.2011 - 01:38
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by Arian Totalis on 27.09.2011 at 23:49

Have you ever listened to Big Pun or Big L? I've been pretty hard into them lately. Two of the sickest rappers I've ever heard, ever. man it's so east coast.

Never gave Big Pun a chance so far but I'm a lot into Big L (RIP btw). The Lifestyle of tha Poor and tha Dangerous kicks ass.

"if rapping was a game I would be MVP
the most valuable player on tha MIC"

classic.
----

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
28.09.2011 - 01:45
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Elio on 28.09.2011 at 01:38

Written by Arian Totalis on 27.09.2011 at 23:49

Never gave Big Pun a chance so far but I'm a lot into Big L (RIP btw). The Lifestyle of tha Poor and tha Dangerous kicks ass.

"if rapping was a game I would be MVP
the most valuable player on tha MIC"

classic.

"My weed smoke is my lye, a ki of coke is a pie, when i'm lifted i'm high"
I love Ebonics. Harlem's finest for sure.

As for pun this song is pretty sick
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zy9i1lXAG7E
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

28.09.2011 - 13:51
Elio
Red Nightmare
Pretty ill actually yea, will check more

seen how this guy's dead too... looks like having Big in your name was rather unfortunate.
----

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
29.09.2011 - 00:06
ß
Problem?
Lately I've been finding myself listening to the one and only Based god.
----
My music blog - Updated regularly.
To live is to think - Cicero
01.10.2011 - 04:58
Hands
Account deleted
Snoop Dogg!
01.10.2011 - 12:28
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by ß on 29.09.2011 at 00:06

Lately I've been finding myself listening to the one and only Based god.

is that good stuff? admittedly i don't follow new artists much and especially those hyped by the web (including Tyler). I've only listened one song on youtube because I knew he had sampled Slowdive's Catch the Breeze and I was wtf, this is weirdly acceptable
----

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
01.10.2011 - 17:47
ß
Problem?
Quote:
Quote:

is that good stuff? admittedly i don't follow new artists much and especially those hyped by the web (including Tyler). I've only listened one song on youtube because I knew he had sampled Slowdive's Catch the Breeze and I was wtf, this is weirdly acceptable

Well let's just say he trolls the current state of mainstreamrap, with his appalling lyrics. Mind you he does have legitimate songs but they have no where near as many views as his jokes songs. Case and point

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WwaPtx71Og
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISHPumshGgA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZghGHHBO_nU
----
My music blog - Updated regularly.
To live is to think - Cicero
29.10.2011 - 06:33
Lit.
Account deleted
Aside from bands that feature rap in their multi-genre music (e.g. Gorillaz) I don't listen to too much rap.
I am however quite fond of this song:

Yes, I heard it off of Blade II.
29.10.2011 - 22:22
Mattybu
Written by Guest on 01.10.2011 at 04:58

Snoop Dogg!

Gang Bangin' 101 ft. the Game. That's some prime Snoop to the D-o double G.

Been getting into Biggie so much recently also.
29.10.2011 - 22:53
second_coming89
Account deleted
Does anyone here listen to any UK Grime music?

At first I thought it sounded strange, Rappers with British accents
10.11.2011 - 23:16
wormdrink414
elite
Just downloaded Death Grips' album Exmilitary. Some raw, fucked up stuff. Apparently it was featured on Grindcore Karaoke too, so it's definitely not a for rap fans only sort of deal.

10.11.2011 - 23:19
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
Written by wormdrink414 on 10.11.2011 at 23:16
Just downloaded Death Grips' album Exmilitary. Some raw, fucked up stuff. Apparently it was featured on Grindcore Karaoke too, so it's definitely not a for rap fans only sort of deal.

The beginning reminds me of Agalloch's "Tomorrow Will Never Come" with the spoken word.

Didn't really like the song... Kind of had a "Back the Fuck Up" (Fear Factory) vibe to it.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."