Metal Storm logo
Die Apokalyptischen Reiter

Original post

Posted by Destryphior, 09.09.2006 - 19:27
This isn't a band presentend on metal storm, still I think there should be at least a forum topic discussing them... I think they are one of the wierder and original bands ever, playing a combination of different genres. Still they're one of my fav bands, Especially I like the album "All you need is love"
20.02.2008 - 11:41
Gegers
Account deleted
BTW the seem to be quite big in Germany right now, aren't they? I read in an interview that the stopped writing songs in English on Riders on the storm because they felt like, even though they tried, they will never manage to find success in other countries like France, or anywhere else...it's sad for people like me whose knowledge of German language is quite limited (I mean a song like We will never die would maybe not have convinced so man y people if it had been sung in German and not in English). I hope they will sing in English again on their future albums.
20.02.2008 - 17:01
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Written by Guest on 20.02.2008 at 11:41

BTW the seem to be quite big in Germany right now, aren't they? I read in an interview that the stopped writing songs in English on Riders on the storm because they felt like, even though they tried, they will never manage to find success in other countries like France, or anywhere else...it's sad for people like me whose knowledge of German language is quite limited (I mean a song like We will never die would maybe not have convinced so man y people if it had been sung in German and not in English). I hope they will sing in English again on their future albums.

Their switch from English to German in songs was started with the album "All You Need Is Love" in 2000. The two previous album were in English. But I find German language sounds quite fine to their music even I know only two words of German .
20.02.2008 - 18:53
Promonex
Cathemeral
Now that you mention it, they indeed switched from English to mostly German. Never really cared about the language as I didn't understand a word on their first two albums anyway
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
20.02.2008 - 22:27
Gegers
Account deleted
They even sung in French of Seeman : 'je suis marin, le monde est mon terrain...' I love Fuch's bloody awful accent on Tobsucht

By the way, I think Tobsucht is definitely a true gift for fans like us! As they eveloved a lot in their career, those who like more their recent albums like me will love the Wacken show and those who like their older stuff will love the Party San DVD. And the Russia documentary is also a great document. They know how to please their fans.
22.02.2008 - 15:58
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
@Promonex
LOL, the songwriting is better for you now , and for me it's catastrophic, I do not understand their lyrics in both languages on all albums.
More seriously, singing in English or in German changes nothing, they kick ass in both languages .

@Gegers
Yes, Tobsucht is the perfect object for DAR fans, a good representation of their discography. And this communion with the public, particularly on the Wacken show, is really impressive. The documentary part is also great, DAR really did not mess our mouth
07.04.2008 - 12:10
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Die Apokalyptischen Reiter has posted the first in a series of video blog entries covering the recording sessions for the band's as-yet-untitled seventh studio album, due late summer via Nuclear Blast Records.
You can watch the first video blog entry at this location.

Edit(10/04): You can watch the second video blog entry here.
28.10.2008 - 08:20
Fat & Sassy!

The song Schenk Mir Heut Nacht makes me laugh... That's all I have to say about that...
28.10.2008 - 08:26
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Die Apokalyptschen Reiter is awesome. i have 3 or 4 of their albums and i must say, theyre pretty solid.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
19.12.2008 - 22:23
Sandarameth
Account deleted
I have only their last album of 2008..i liked it))) music is melodic and the sound is good..and i heard their cover of Manowars Master of the Wind..it's wonderfull)))
20.12.2008 - 15:58
FOOCK Nam

Very awesome band, their lates stufff is very enjoyable. I love their sound mixed with piano, vocal. They have epic and also melodic beautiful chorus. Sadly their lyric is mostly non english.
30.03.2009 - 18:16
Baz Anderson

Glad that lady-cat-man thing person has left the band, their last album was their worst by far.
01.04.2009 - 01:11
T_s_T

Written by Baz Anderson on 30.03.2009 at 18:16

Glad that lady-cat-man thing person has left the band, their last album was their worst by far.

Couldn't get the chance to really listen to it,could it really be SO bad?I mean Samurai was awesome...
01.04.2009 - 01:24
Baz Anderson

Written by T_s_T on 01.04.2009 at 01:11

Written by Baz Anderson on 30.03.2009 at 18:16

Couldn't get the chance to really listen to it,could it really be SO bad?I mean Samurai was awesome...

Yeh! That's a great album, all of their albums are great apart from this last one in my opinion.
I'm not saying it is that bad, but it just isn't good.
Here's my review:

http://www.metalstorm.ee/pub/review.php?review_id=6067
03.12.2009 - 16:52
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Lol this band is funny. "we will never die, this is our song!" or the immortal "metal will never die"

listening right now to the latter song... AAHHH MY FACE IS TURNING TO CHEESE
03.12.2009 - 21:16
Diabolos
Space For Rent!
Written by Valentin B on 03.12.2009 at 16:52

Lol this band is funny. "we will never die, this is our song!" or the immortal "metal will never die"

listening right now to the latter song... AAHHH MY FACE IS TURNING TO CHEESE

Their german songs are even funnier, try "Die Sonne Scheint"
03.12.2009 - 21:28
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Written by Valentin B on 03.12.2009 at 16:52

"metal will never die"

dont mess with metal hymns...
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

07.12.2009 - 05:16
SerratedSyringe

I've got Riders on the Storm. The first three tracks are excellent; catchy, energetic, passionate, but after that it kind of goes down hill imo. I need to check out some of their other albums. Any recomendations?
----
Just another cog in this infernal machine....
07.12.2009 - 13:07
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I have and recommend "Soft And Stronger"

"Samurai" should be good too, according to some songs listed on it which i have listened to
----

07.12.2009 - 13:46
Baz Anderson

All their albums are great, but the earlier ones aren't as accessible as the later ones.

I just saw them again a couple of days ago at Hard Rock Hell. Good stuff. Had a little chat with the guitar player afterwards who recognised me from Bloodstock (where I interviewed..).
07.12.2009 - 13:58
Diabolos
Space For Rent!
I really like the album "Have A Nice Trip" and also "Samurai" is quite good
16.12.2009 - 16:25
Promonex
Cathemeral
"All You Need Is Love" is my personal favorite. All killer, no filler. But that's personal taste, I guess. What you can't go wrong with however is the "Tobsucht" double DVD/live CD. It impressively shows the band in both shapes, hard and relentless during the one gig, catchy and melodic during the other one. I'd even call the Party.San DVD their best release to date.
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
17.12.2009 - 00:24
Baz Anderson

I just find it so disappointing that I'll never get to see the band do material from those first three albums. They told me that that show was basically putting all that behind them.

Shame.
16.02.2010 - 15:09
Baz Anderson

Again, if anyone has any questions... - I should have an interview on Sunday.
04.06.2010 - 01:48
Gordon Freeman

I wish this band would do some more international touring. Everything I've seen of their live shows seems spectacular and I wish they could be convinced to come to the US.

I feel I'm really missing out here.
----
God Dammit Doug! Take off your hat, Night Moves is playing. Don't be a prick man!

http://www.last.fm/user/Axl_The_Viking
16.07.2010 - 21:20
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Just listening to "Adrenalin" live album

those guys are even more awesome then i knew they are
----

22.04.2012 - 22:19
SilentScream
Blasphemer
How are these guys live? I am not particularly familiar with their stuff, but their music seems interesting.

They will be playing less them a kilometer away from where I'll be, so wondering if it's worth it or not.
23.04.2012 - 11:58
Savopipo

Not for me. Musically it reminds me of "Sunrise Avenue".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIzEEhZkthY
----
Check Tystnad out at http://tystnad.bandcamp.com
23.04.2012 - 15:58
Promonex
Cathemeral
Written by SilentScream on 22.04.2012 at 22:19

How are these guys live? I am not particularly familiar with their stuff, but their music seems interesting.

They will be playing less them a kilometer away from where I'll be, so wondering if it's worth it or not.

Go for it! If you like their music, you'll love their shows! And as the tour is in support of their recently released best-of album, you can probably expect a nice mix of old and new stuff.

----
23.04.2012 - 20:55
Vombatus
Potorro
Their old stuff is great ! Crazy mix of different styles... and Unter Der Asche is probably my favorite song by them (sick chorus !)
24.04.2012 - 02:53
Promonex
Cathemeral
Written by Vombatus on 23.04.2012 at 20:55

Their old stuff is great ! Crazy mix of different styles...

Tell me about it. We had an awful time pigeonholing their style for the database. "Epic Thrash Death Metal" is the closest we could get.
----