‹‹ Back to the Recreation Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Users visited: 119  
Search this topic:  

The original post

Posted by Mikyz on 22.02.2011 at 21:14
I realize not as many people read books, as people watch movies and listen to music but I still think it would interesting to see what kind of books our fellow metalheads read. So, I'd like you guys just to give me the name and author of the last book you read along with a brief description of the genre and topic.
I'll start:

Cockroach By Rawi Hage

I don't really know to which category this book belongs to but nevertheless this book perfectly depicts the life of an outsider from the perspective of said outsider. It follows the life of an exile, who migrated to Canada following some kind of middle eastern crisis ( I believe the Lebanese Civil War) , and is living a poor and desperate life, which is contrasted with that of a cockroach. This book depicts how he adapts and copes with the environment, there also is an intricate love story cleverly weaved into the whole debacle. Highly Recommended + The author's writing style is unique, he has very clever, hypocritical and satirical descriptions.

Also If you like something this deep and well written, you should check his other book Deniro's Game.

Page 5 of 5

Krankheit

08.08.2014 at 09:37
Crash by JG Ballard
At times shocking reading.

Lunar Park by Bret Easton Ellis
Starts as a "biography" about himself, but evolves into a horror story.
----
God is busy… save yourself

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]

Login or register to post here.