Metal Storm logo
Thurisaz - New Album, New Label, New Songs Online

Belgian Atmospheric Black metal band Thurisaz will release their new album, The Cimmerian Years, in May through Sleaszy Rider Records.

The band released the following statement: "First of all, we're glad to say that, after more than a year being in and out of the studio, the recording, mixing and mastering of the new album The Cimmerian Years finally came to an end. Last Sunday we officially spent our last minutes in the CCR-studio, adjusting and adding the last samples!

Second of all, we're proud to announce that we signed a deal with Sleaszy Rider RecordsS from Greece (Ancient, The Elysian Fields, Prejudice)! They will release our third album The Cimmerian Years, which will be available in May 2011!

So... What to expect? One could say it's gonna be a known mixture of styles, yet so very different... It's gonna be the known combination of different vocals, yet so very different... It's gonna be the known soundscapes of bombast and melody, yet again so very different... Let's just say, it will sound familiar and it won't...

We've uploaded a video, with live footage, from the first two songs that will be on the album: "Broken" and "My Precious Unknown". It gives you an idea of what to expect from The Cimmerian Years. A big thanx to our soundengineer Nik for this one! Enjoy!"

Two new tracks, called "My Precious Unknown" and "Second Mirror", can be streamed over at MySpace.

The Cimmerian Years [cover art] tracklist:

01. Broken
02. My Precious Unknown
03. Second Mirror
04. No Regrets [feat. Paul Kuhr from Novembers Doom]
05. Fare Thee Well
06. The Carnival Of Miscreation
07. Inner Voices
08. Unhealed [feat. Els Blieck from Inis Cathaigh]
09. A Glance Of Misperception [feat. Thomas A.G. Jensen from Saturnus]

[Also thanks to Thurisaz and Bigpaul for the scoop!]

Source: thurisaz.be
Band profile: Thurisaz
Posted: 25.02.2011 by Ellrohir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 6   Visited by: 36 users
25.02.2011 - 19:54
Elodie Artour
Slania
Thurisaz? More like Turisas.
----
Speak up dear 'cause I cannot hear you...
25.02.2011 - 22:28
ImperialTroll
Account deleted
Awesome!
25.02.2011 - 23:35
shadowdragonfly1

Circadian Rhythm is a masterpiece, i can't wait for the release
26.02.2011 - 02:25
Ostrobothnia

Namesteal?

Thurisaz is a arcaic spelling of Turisas...
26.02.2011 - 02:58
shadowdragonfly1

Written by Ostrobothnia on 26.02.2011 at 02:25

Namesteal?

Thurisaz is a arcaic spelling of Turisas...

Steal?, they both got their debut albums in 2004, this is just an inconvenient coincidence. And they are both awesome in what they do
26.02.2011 - 11:46
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Written by Elodie Artour on 25.02.2011 at 19:54

Thurisaz? More like Turisas.

acutally i feel more potential in Thurisaz than in those finnish "vikings"...
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

Hits total: 3047 | This month: 3