Tristania
Sirenia
Adagio
Magica

Total votes: 174
10.09.2006 - 18:46
Bas
Retired Staff
These are some of my favourite symphonic metal bands, Haggard, Therion and Within Temptation being pure symphonic metal and the others symphonic +some other style,

please dont only vote but also explain your opinions

i myself went for Magica, the beautiful keyboard lines, the virtuous guitar riffing, the wonderful solos and guitar/keyboard duels, the awesome vocals, great band
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
10.09.2006 - 19:01
Wo0dy
Account deleted
Rhapsody of Fire. nice guitar riffs and great keyboardist
10.09.2006 - 19:17
Warman
Erotic Stains
Nightwish of course so I can't vote apparently
I love Tarja Turunens voice, Emppu's slow and epic solos, the drums (just watch Jukka's skills in their latest DVD), Marco's voice and of course Holopainens song writing and keyboard skills.
----
10.09.2006 - 19:34
Bas
Retired Staff
well i left out Nightwish because i dont like them at all, Tarja has talent, but i dont like her accent, as for the rest of the band, Holopainen is a bit overaverage on the keyboard and the rest of the band is just average
----
10.09.2006 - 19:40
tulkas
el parcero
I voted for Sirenia. I just love that band for some reason, some of the songs are just amazing IMO. I guess my favorite would be Lithium and a Lover
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
10.09.2006 - 19:49
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
I've never heard Magica, Demons And Wizards and Adagio, so, among the other bands, I voted for Haggard, though I like all of them.
I voted for Haggard because this is the biggest symphonic metal band, they make not only a great music, but a great team work
----

I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it
Sensorium - Epica
10.09.2006 - 20:06
Bas
Retired Staff
Written by The Alchemist on 10.09.2006 at 19:49

I've never heard Magica, Demons And Wizards and Adagio, so, among the other bands

Magica is an amazing romanian symphonic powermetal band, relying on fast and melodic keyboard and guitar riffs and solos, here you can watch their video for Bittersweet Nightshade

Demons And Wizards is a project of Hansi Kürsch, vocalist of Blind Guardian, and Jon Schaffe, guitarist of Iced Earth, they play symphonic heavymetal

Adagio is a symphonic progressive powermetal band from france, technical perfection meets catchy powermetal, i suggest you check out their song "the stringless violin"

as you said you like all bands you know from the list alot i suggest you check those bands aswell, because apparently you like symphonicmetal alot, and those three belong to the best in this section of metal
----
10.09.2006 - 20:15
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
Written by Bas on 10.09.2006 at 20:06

Written by The Alchemist on 10.09.2006 at 19:49

I've never heard Magica, Demons And Wizards and Adagio, so, among the other bands

Magica is an amazing romanian symphonic powermetal band, relying on fast and melodic keyboard and guitar riffs and solos, here you can watch their video for Bittersweet Nightshade

Demons And Wizards is a project of Hansi Kürsch, vocalist of Blind Guardian, and Jon Schaffe, guitarist of Iced Earth, they play symphonic heavymetal

Adagio is a symphonic progressive powermetal band from france, technical perfection meets catchy powermetal, i suggest you check out their song "the stringless violin"

as you said you like all bands you know from the list alot i suggest you check those bands aswell, because apparently you like symphonicmetal alot, and those three belong to the best in this section of metal

I love symphonic metal indeed
Thank you for the recommendations, the best is that I was searching for bands from other countries like France, Romania, etc. so, I'll check these bands
----

I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it
Sensorium - Epica
10.09.2006 - 23:33
Baz Anderson

wlel i dont know about Demons & Wizards being very symphonic - when i think Demons & Wizards i dont think of symphonic, Jon's chugging guitar comes to ming more then anything else

out of that list i voted for Rhapsody of course (i wonder if the masses of Rhapsody fans will ever actually call them by their new name)
many people think they are so cheesy but i love that, so bombastic and proud
one of the top power metal bands out there - looking forward to the new album too
11.09.2006 - 00:20
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Whoot demons and Wizards what thay do here

Ok I woint coment and other vote pool is not mention and I know some bands who shood be here, and czeck german folk scene, but from list hmm demons and wizards firts album, but from simphinic its gard Therion od Hagaard?
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
11.09.2006 - 02:00
Procardia
Account deleted
Well, I don't like very much Symphonic/melodic metal. But ok, I like some bands in this metal style: Epica and Therion, Godamn, I love them. Ok, Epica weren't in the poll, then, I choosed Therion, I love their guitars and their atmosphere. Within temptation without votes: it makes me feel happy.
16.09.2006 - 04:06
Bitch Boy

From that list, Therion. They are a very versatile band, they add very original symphonic/folk elements, with beautiful voices like the one of Martina Astner or Sarah Jezebel Deva, and also Christopher Johnsson is a great musician and songwriter.
20.09.2006 - 19:57
Rainmaker123
Account deleted
Would have voted nightwish

but i voted haggard, i love them there a awesome band and unique.

within temptation was a close second.
21.09.2006 - 21:57
Sunioj

Well I like Tristania and especially, Theatre of Traged's first album, always get stoned and just listen to that album, its absolutely amazing.
21.09.2006 - 22:57
RavenLord

Look, just because you don't like Nightwish doesn't mean you should exclude them. They are possibly the most famous Symphonic Metal band of the last 6 years. Still, without them, I would vote Tristania, although they're not overly symphonic. I only have Beyond the Veil, but it's one of the most beautiful and perfect albums I have ever heard in my life-a perfect balance of distortion and clean, melody and riff...so complete.
----
22.09.2006 - 00:33
W-Lash
Metal Master
In fact they all suck. But that's only my opinion. You could add for example Dimmu Borgir because that band has got symphonic effects and it's better than all these even taken together (but remeber - that's only my opinion).
22.09.2006 - 00:42
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
@W-Lsh i dont think here are plave for Black metal, even if its symphonic but if its true then I will eddit my post because there are so many bands who play shymphonic BM,
----

apos;'
[image]
22.09.2006 - 00:46
W-Lash
Metal Master
Maybe the poll should be changed to BEST POWER SYMPHONIC or somehow similar because i think lots of them are power or somthing like that.
22.09.2006 - 01:00
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by W-Lash on 22.09.2006 at 00:46

Maybe the poll should be changed to BEST POWER SYMPHONIC or somehow similar because i think lots of them are power or somthing like that.

I agree, there shood be other too because always are some good band what thay forgot
Well we can discuss about power shymhonic and gothic symho
----

apos;'
[image]
22.09.2006 - 01:15
W-Lash
Metal Master
I don't say that there can't be polls like this but it recommend you to change it's name a bit (you can do it poll options i think).
22.09.2006 - 01:32
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
If your comparing bands with Symphonic elements, this poll is fine (except Demons & Wizards, i dont know why you put them here considering there is no keyboard nor orchestration, just a few choir arrangements)

My choice goes to Therion convincingly, probably Edenbridge, Nightwish and Haggard follow next. I actually like every single band in that list alot, except you havent sent me Magica yet, so not them, i need to hear them.

P.S Bas, you suck for hating Nightwish lol
22.09.2006 - 01:54
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by W-Lash on 22.09.2006 at 01:15

I don't say that there can't be polls like this but it recommend you to change it's name a bit (you can do it poll options i think).

But this is not my pool and Im not shore if I wanna do it, let Bas2 do it, if its be my pool i woud do it
----

apos;'
[image]
22.09.2006 - 02:11
W-Lash
Metal Master
Oh, i thought it was yours...But in fact we are moving this topic to offtopic...:)
22.09.2006 - 12:06
Bas
Retired Staff
well i personally dont see the need to change the name of the poll, i just listed a few of my favourite very symphonic bands, one of them is symphonic progressive metal, one symphonic folk, two only symphonic, one symphonic heavy, two symphonic gothic and two symphonic power, true there is no symphonic blackmetal, but thats only because there isnt a symphonic blackmetal band in my favourites, i could have added Dimmu Borgir, but there are thousands of symphonic bands around, i can't include all of them in the poll

Written by Dark Cornatus on 22.09.2006 at 01:32

If your comparing bands with Symphonic elements, this poll is fine (except Demons & Wizards, i dont know why you put them here considering there is no keyboard nor orchestration, just a few choir arrangements)

you havent sent me Magica yet, so not them, i need to hear them.

yeah i should have taken some other band then Demons And Wizards, but i only thought of some other bands after i made the poll, and i dont know how to change it...

yeah i'll send you something by Magica as soon as possible

Written by Dark Cornatus on 22.09.2006 at 01:32

P.S Bas, you suck for hating Nightwish lol

----
22.09.2006 - 13:29
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
@bas2 but I know wome good symphonicmetal band slike Bishop Of Hexen, Lunar Aurora and m,any more, but Im not shore if its good post them here because those band swhat you mention arent BLACK metal
----

apos;'
[image]
22.09.2006 - 18:16
HelplessHysteria
Account deleted
Real symphonic bands are Yes, The Flower Kings, the Tangent, Spock's Beard and etc. Just what are these?

From these Gothic Bands, I would pick After Forever or Epica, but neither of them are in the poll either.

Demons and Wizards are quite different from all the others....
22.09.2006 - 19:40
Bas
Retired Staff
Written by Bad English on 22.09.2006 at 13:29

@bas2 but I know wome good symphonicmetal band slike Bishop Of Hexen, Lunar Aurora and m,any more, but Im not shore if its good post them here because those band swhat you mention arent BLACK metal

it's no problem to post about them here
please do so if you have something to say about them and if they are very good in your opinion

it's not at all like that i have a problem with symphonic blackmetal, it's just that i liked the bands in the poll better then all symphonic blackmetal bands i know
----
22.09.2006 - 20:13
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Since Bas2 alowed here are my Shymphonic BM metal bands what I like

In world are alot of good shypmhoniv BM bands what are unknow and same time amazing

First band what i realy enjoy are Bishop Of Hexen, I wont rapite bout this band, I post about them in Bishof Of Hexen tread, there are my opnium, dont be lazy check it

ok tgis band re gret but i newer realy like vocals its to brutl but
13 Winters try them i know them 3 years and ehh thay dont exist anymore, this vocals im not shore if its amn or women, or even i dont know sex of singer if watch, but melodies are great

Aesma Deave - its gret band and same time amzing, it not Black metal but still you shood try it

Anarexia Nervosa - Vampiric bM bnd and its more shymhonic how melodic I like lil vampire stories

Cadaveria - Italin band who plays not so great music, but re fmouse because Opera IX vocalist plays there

Legions Of Hetherai or hetheria, I think i had mention thi shymphonic women fromted bnd from mexico, its not BM bhut still I had 3 sngs and its amazing

Elend - warius influenced great music from France, there are 2 simmilar bands I forgot names but those are so amazing and you all shood check Elend, what poetness

Enshadowed Empire - werry real USA band,

Antigone - You shood hera them great lithainian band, but im not shore if you can get some mp3 offical home page are down

Shadowdances - same grreat shymphonic BM band from Lithainia whit gothic elements

Thy Hastur - Good olish band and what a ironic tirle thay ahs to lat album ''Lost paradise''

Luminaria - Good Polish Gothiv Shymhonic band, damn you all shood chack them before 3 yers now home page dont lowed dounoud demo anymore

Keltgar - great Belgian abnd death/doom/gothic mix

Siebenburger - I shood coment

So those are bands what I know and had hear and maybe I forgot something, and of course there r emore, but its be stupid post about thoe bnds what i never had hear

Here are bands what isn so symphoonic but close: Lunar Aurora, Sin Oigin, Limbonic Art, Dis pater and well of course more, but I cant know all, maybe I forgot fmouse band

But this si Shymphonic DOOM:

Estatic Fear - Good band i enjoy them and here are sample
http://www.doom-metal.com/bandlist_entry.php?id=292

Moth Eaten Dream - Izrealian band whit one real demo ''A Thousand Years of Wandering'' www.myspace.com/motheatendream and http://www.doom-metal.com/bandlist_entry.php?id=815

Deinonychus - Netherland sband, i think tha are inMS and thaya re popularvand a lot of albums I had ''Ark of Thought''

Ok for me french band Misanthrope are shymphonic too nd hy are in MS and there arec home page whit mp3

Thats all I wish in world be more shymphonic doom bands
----

apos;'
[image]
22.09.2006 - 20:19
dark awakening

My vote goes to Within Temptation; great are the first album (expecailly Enter).
----
Baptized in a lake of acid tears...
25.09.2006 - 18:47
Tydirium
Account deleted
The greatest symphonic band would be Nightwish, but
they are not included to the list. So I voted for Wthin
Temptation because musical they are close to them....