Metal Storm logo
MaYaN - Audio Teaser Online

Back in September, we introduced you to MaYaN the new project led by Epica vocalist/guitarist Mark Jansen.

The line-up is completed with guitarist/vocalist Frank Schiphorst and ex-After Forever keyboardist Jack Driessen, together with fellow Epica band mates Isaac Delahaye (guitar) and Ariën van Weesenbeek (drums). Due to his "very busy schedule," Obscura/Pestilence bassist Jeroen Paul Thesseling recently left the band and got replaced by Delain bassist Rob van der Loo.

The band's debut album Quartertpast is scheduled for a May 20th release through Nuclear Blast Records. The album was recorded and mixed by Sascha Paeth (Epica, Kamelot). You can download an album teaser at this location (mp3).

The album will also feature collaborations from Floor Jansen (ReVamp, ex-After Forever), Simone Simons (Epica), Henning Basse (Sons Of Seasons) and opera singer Laura Macri.

As stated by Mark Jensen: "The music is a mixture of death, black and progressive metal combined with symphonic orchestral arrangements."

Source: epica.nl
Band profile: Epica
Posted: 26.02.2011 by Unhealer

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 8   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 120 users
27.02.2011 - 00:25
WorpeX
Made of Metal
A lot more female vocals than I expected. Sounds good though!
27.02.2011 - 05:33
Jiri

Jiri laughs at this band. Chuckle, guffaw, chortle. Got to love joke bands
27.02.2011 - 16:12
The Night Wisher

Can't wait to hear full length.
27.02.2011 - 20:03
Elodie Artour
Slania
Okay, that project may be good but so far, the samples haven't grown on me. Like, at all.

@Jiri: Give me a "joke band" definition, please.
----
Speak up dear 'cause I cannot hear you...
28.02.2011 - 07:18
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
No Thesseling?!? Then this is going to be another Epica album... don't get me wrong, I love Epica, but why should the form another band to do the same music...
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
02.03.2011 - 01:32
MétalNoir
Fils du Lys
Written by Daggon on 28.02.2011 at 07:18

No Thesseling?!? Then this is going to be another Epica album... don't get me wrong, I love Epica, but why should the form another band to do the same music...

Exactly, I guess this is a ridiculous attempt at attracting new listeners to Epica's already huge fanbase... $$$
----
Notre destinée n'est pas encore tracée....
17.03.2011 - 16:34
Written by MétalNoir on 02.03.2011 at 01:32

Written by Daggon on 28.02.2011 at 07:18

Exactly, I guess this is a ridiculous attempt at attracting new listeners to Epica's already huge fanbase... $$$

perhaps it's not to attract new listeners.. maybe mark just wanted to make an album with some other people.. by the way people give comments here it looks like non of you are musicians
08.04.2011 - 06:11
Dies Irae

The teaser sounded wonderful to me, can't wait to hear the whole thing...

Hits total: 2607 | This month: 5