Metal Storm logo
Trent Reznor - Wins Oscar For Best Original Score

Nine Inch Nails mainman Trent Reznor and frequent NIN collaborator Atticus Ross have won an Oscar for their Original Score on the The Social Network, the 2010 motion picture about Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg.

Earlier this year, the duo already won a Golden Globe Award for their compositions.

The 83rd annual Academy Awards were held last night, Sunday February 27th.

The Social Network soundtrack album was released in October by The Null Corporation, Reznor's own independent record label. A five track sampler EP is available for download at the whopping price of your e-mail address at this location.

Source: oscars.org
Band profile: Nine Inch Nails
Posted: 28.02.2011 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 18   Visited by: 216 users
28.02.2011 - 10:42
Marcus
Doit Like Bernie
Pretty cool, good for him! Although I gotta say I can't remember a thing about the music, good or bad. The soundtrack really took a backseat to the rest of the movie.
28.02.2011 - 12:25
MechanisT
Account deleted
Sweet! Bring home the candy!
28.02.2011 - 13:08
Yojimbo

Good for him, I guess. The Oscars, like any award show, are really just a sham.
28.02.2011 - 15:20
MechanisT
Account deleted
Now all that remains is a belated Oscar to Ulver for "Svidd Neger"...
28.02.2011 - 15:41
4look4rd
The Sasquatch
Black Swan should have won for best original score. But if I were to give out the oscars, Black Swan would have won everything xD (I missed the King's Speech, so I don't know how overrated that movie is). And yes Inception sucked.
----
28.02.2011 - 15:51
Behdaad
DEAD
Written by Yojimbo on 28.02.2011 at 13:08

Totally agree with you.
I don't get what all of these awards are about! I think it's about how much the producer company pays!

P.S. I hate Facebook and everything related!
----
As tyranny becomes normality;
We hang at the end of the rope.
28.02.2011 - 15:56
4look4rd
The Sasquatch
Written by Behdaad on 28.02.2011 at 15:51

Written by Yojimbo on 28.02.2011 at 13:08

Totally agree with you.
I don't get what all of these awards are about! I think it's about how much the producer company pays!

P.S. I hate Facebook and everything related!

The Social Network was actually a pretty decent movie.... sure it was mainstream but it was really well done, the opening dialog alone took 99 takes for them to nail it.
----
28.02.2011 - 17:23
Steadydrummer619

Man, I wanted Hans Zimmer to win! The first time I heard the "Inception" Soundtrack, It gave me Chills!
28.02.2011 - 18:04
3rdWorldFuckface
Account deleted
First it was Eminem in 2003 and now Trent Reznor! I think the Academy is getting more sensible
in noticing non-mainstream/underground artists...............Or is it really?????????? hmmmmmmmmmm
28.02.2011 - 19:27
Dark Blood
The Avenger
Written by Marcus on 28.02.2011 at 10:42

Pretty cool, good for him! Although I gotta say I can't remember a thing about the music, good or bad. The soundtrack really took a backseat to the rest of the movie.

I agree. I dont really remember anything from the soundtrack as well. Maybe I was too busy focussing on the dialogue?
But good to know they won. I liked the movie and I think they deserved the other winnings.
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
28.02.2011 - 19:45
Marcus
Doit Like Bernie
Written by 4look4rd on 28.02.2011 at 15:41

Black Swan should have won for best original score. But if I were to give out the oscars, Black Swan would have won everything xD (I missed the King's Speech, so I don't know how overrated that movie is). And yes Inception sucked.

It was actually an adaptation from a Tchaikovsky piece so it was ineligible, although I agree, the music in the movie was incredbile.
28.02.2011 - 23:52
Dominus
The Shooter
Lol
01.03.2011 - 00:26
cluster53

Written by Guest on 28.02.2011 at 15:20

Now all that remains is a belated Oscar to Ulver for "Svidd Neger"...

Oh Yeah!!!!!!! The Best Score I've ever heard!
01.03.2011 - 02:27
Symmachus

I also do not think highly of such award shows, but congratulations to Trent Reznor, I guess. I've not seen the movie, but since Inception was brought up, and I have seen that, I think I'll comment on that. I find it an excellent film with an awesome soundtrack. I'd definitely buy the soundtrack, given the opportunity and/or availability or something like that.
01.03.2011 - 03:11
Evil Chip

The soundtrack was amazing and very unique for filmscore music. It had a really cool electronic manage with some piano parts. The soundtrack from Inception is great but too much from the same.
02.03.2011 - 01:22
Bitch Boy

Written by Guest on 28.02.2011 at 18:04

First it was Eminem in 2003 and now Trent Reznor! I think the Academy is getting more sensible
in noticing non-mainstream/underground artists...............Or is it really?????????? hmmmmmmmmmm

Eminem non-mainstream/underground artist? Guess you're just talking about his times as a blue-collar worker participating in rap competitions?

Not even Trent is "non-mainstream/underground"
02.03.2011 - 06:01
3rdWorldFuckface
Account deleted
Written by Bitch Boy on 02.03.2011 at 01:22

Eminem non-mainstream/underground artist? Guess you're just talking about his times as a blue-collar worker participating in rap competitions?

Well Eminem may be mainstream nowadays but NIN????????? just take a look at the stats of how much people buy NIN albums every year compared to other alt bands such as Coldplay, Muse, Green Day, Alice in chains,Pearl Jam etc. OMG!!!!!!!!! and they aren't even half as good as NIN!!!!
02.03.2011 - 22:40
Bitch Boy

Written by Guest on 02.03.2011 at 06:01

Written by Bitch Boy on 02.03.2011 at 01:22

Well Eminem may be mainstream nowadays but NIN????????? just take a look at the stats of how much people buy NIN albums every year compared to other alt bands such as Coldplay, Muse, Green Day, Alice in chains,Pearl Jam etc. OMG!!!!!!!!! and they aren't even half as good as NIN!!!!

I see your point. But you are using really well-known artists (and a real piece of crap called Green Day) as examples; I've seen many NIN videos in MTV, which makes him not precisely non-mainstream. I would consider bands such as Disgorge, Love Like Blood or Elegeion to be trully underground/non-mainstream.

Hits total: 3985 | This month: 8