‹‹ Back to the General website discussion Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Users visited: 157  
Search this topic:  

The original post

Posted by Lucas on 28.02.2011 at 21:06
Hi all,

Welcome to Metal Storm version 4.0! You've always known us as an ever-evolving website and today is no different from any other day. We can image this change may seem huge & sudden, but trust us, you'll get used to it. Change is always difficult, but just give it some time and we'll all be fine.

There may be some initial bugs & flaws though, so please report those here. Suggestions are also welcome, but please be sure to keep your criticism constructive.

Thanks in advance and happy browsing!

Page 5 of 5

psykometal
Staffpool

19.10.2013 at 21:43
Written by mz on 19.10.2013 at 19:03

Few bugs I've encountered are listed below. Not sure if they were not discussed before
1-Whenever someone changes a list name, the list keeps being shown with the old name in lists section of forum. For instance, Mary's list is named "50 Female Vocalists in Metal Who Impressed Me". In lists section, it is mentioned as "Talented Female Vocalists In Metal".
2-when someone comments directly on your list, you will recieve a notification but that;s not the case when people quote the others in your list page. Probably not a bug but it is weird
3-I've seen on numerous occasions that when someone quotes me and other persons simultaneously, I do not receive notifications.

1. That's because the thread topic is not created until somebody comments on the List, and the topic name is generated based on the name of the List at the time. And even though the List and the topic are linked together on one page, they are not one in the same. So if the user changes their List name, the topic name does not update to match since they are 2 separate "entities", so to speak. I would volunteer to update such things regularly, but depending on how often a user changes their List name, that will be a huge headache to change on such a whim.

2. I believe that's just a matter of function.

3. The Notification is generated based on who you click [ quote ] on, and you can only quote one user at a time. So if you want multiple people to get Notifications, you have to [ quote ] each one individually. It may look like spam if you are trying to quote many people consecutively, but since we (Staff/Mods) understand how the Notification system works, we won't give you any shit for quoting multiple people in a row in separate comments.
----
~Zep~
mz

19.10.2013 at 22:14
Written by psykometal on 19.10.2013 at 21:43

Written by mz on 19.10.2013 at 19:03

comment

well, damn. what sound answer. I will for sure come up with some real bugs the next time and you would not be able to deny them =p
thanks for clearing things up
----
psykometal
Staffpool

19.10.2013 at 22:29
Written by mz on 19.10.2013 at 22:14

well, damn. what sound answer. I will for sure come up with some real bugs the next time and you would not be able to deny them =p
thanks for clearing things up

No problem, Broski.
----
~Zep~
Array

21.11.2013 at 19:16
Lately when I've been editing bands and albums with my dear Google Chrome browser, I've faced some silly structures on the edit pages/rooms. I also tried using Firefox and IE, but no problems occured with those browsers.

Basically the Submit button can be in the middle of the page and other things change places as well, example:

Disbanded in
If disbanded, enter a year.

Band name / former names / also known as
Make sure the band name is spelled the 'official way'. If there are alternative spellings, put them in the "Also known as" box (ex. Mötley Crüe / Motley Crue). All former names also go there. If there are two bands with the same name, the 'bigger' one should have the normal name, but the other one should get it's country attached in upper-case, in round brackets: Autumn / Autumn (RUS).

Submit

Notes on editing bands (with no notes)

Links

Has anyone else experienced such things?

Edit: This problem possibly just disappeared. Oh how I just love good ol' magic.
Cynic Metalhead
Atrocious Virgin

21.11.2013 at 19:41
While I log in from my tab, I don't see SB on it. Am I the only one who facing it or is there some issue on my tab only?
----
psykometal
Staffpool

21.11.2013 at 21:04
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 21.11.2013 at 19:41

While I log in from my tab, I don't see SB on it. Am I the only one who facing it or is there some issue on my tab only?

It's probably because it's a mobile browser, most mobile browsers don't show the side bar. Only mobile browser I've found that displays the side bar is Opera.
----
~Zep~
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist

22.11.2013 at 00:15
Written by Array on 21.11.2013 at 19:16
Has anyone else experienced such things?

Edit: This problem possibly just disappeared. Oh how I just love good ol' magic.

That's pretty much exactly how it was for me. Everything was misplaced or screwy and then today it looks like things are back to normal.
----
Prettier than BloodTears.
psykometal
Staffpool

22.11.2013 at 01:20
That's the magic of Ivan.
----
~Zep~
Array

30.11.2013 at 01:56
I can't see the maps: http://www.metalstorm.net/events/locations.php

Chrome, Firefox, IE.
Bad English
nobody

30.11.2013 at 02:33
Written by Array on 30.11.2013 at 01:56

I can't see the maps: http://www.metalstorm.net/events/locations.php

Chrome, Firefox, IE.

neither do I
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
M C Vice
Ex-polydactyl

10.12.2013 at 11:47
How about removing the forum topics that get locked after a couple of posts, since they're deemed unnessessary or irrelivent.
----
GO THE SHARKS!

Apathy is an emotion.
Bad English
nobody

10.12.2013 at 16:15
Written by M C Vice on 10.12.2013 at 11:47

How about removing the forum topics that get locked after a couple of posts, since they're deemed unnessessary or irrelivent.

There are program Ivan once maid something what delite locked topics after some time, I dont remeber how long
Thats what BitterCOld told me once when he was pissed on me,s ince I reported such treads once
(IN MSv2 days I did it and Wrathchild accepted and delited all)
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]

Login or register to post here.