Metal Storm logo
Mötley Crüe - Co-Headlining Summer Tour With Poison

Glam giants Mötley Crüe and Poison are teaming up for a blockbuster summer tour, despite comments last year from the Crüe camp scoffing at the suggestion when the idea was floated last year.

Poison frontman Brett Michaels had publicly claimed a tour with the pair was a possibility to mark their respective 25th and 30th anniversaries but the claims were shot down by Mötley Crüe. But now it has been confirmed that the two will hit the road together, with support from the New York Dolls.

Brett Michaels recently addressed the question of whether there was any bad blood between the hugely successful bands. He said: "There may be some friendly competition but there is no bad blood at all on my part. Nikki Sixx (Crüe bassist) and I have spoken several times on the phone recently and the conversations went great.

Music is a universal language and I am extremely excited that this tour has come together as are the fans, they are truly going to see a great show. Honestly, I could care less about all the mudslinging, it gets nobody nowhere, and after all I have been through health wise in the last year, I am going to try to focus on what does matter which is the show, the fans, fun and personally throwing a hell of a backstage party."

Sixx has in the past been a vocal critic of Poison and in an online posting in 2004 he blasted suggestions his then-side project Brides of Destruction would tour with Poison (and KISS) - labelling Poison 'followers'. He wrote: "No way in fucking hell would we (Brides of Destruction or Mötley Crüe) ever, ever tour with a fucking band like Poison. We have had talks with Kiss and I told them very clearly that we would not do the tour if they used Poison. That would be the death of us... I will not be attached to that kind of fake bullshit."

In a later interview with the Stamford Advocate Sixx continued: "I was in negotiations and said it depends who else is on the tour. If you're going to do a nostalgia thing, we're not interested. If you go get Jet or The Darkness, it sounds like fun. All of a sudden they come back with Kiss, the Brides and Poison.. There ain't no way in hell I'm doing that tour. I will not play with fucking Poison. There are followers and leaders. I'm not into followers."

Ha!

Mötley Crüe + Poison:

May 29 - Pryor, OK - Rocklahoma
Jun. 07 - Dallas, TX - Gexa Energy Pavilion
Jun. 09 - San Antonio, TX - AT&T Center
Jun. 10 - Houston, TX - Toyota Center
Jun. 12 - Albuquerque, NM - Hard Rock Pavilion
Jun. 14 - Los Angeles, CA - Hollywood Bowl
Jun. 15 - San Francisco, CA - Bill Graham Civic Auditorium
Jun. 17 - Phoenix, AZ - Desert Sky Pavilion
Jun. 18 - Las Vegas, NV - [to be announced]
Jun. 19 - Salt Lake City, UT - USANA Amphitheatre
Jun. 21 - Kansas City, MO - Sprint Center
Jun. 22 - Maryland Heights, MO - Verizon Wireless Amphitheater
Jun. 24 - Minneapolis, MN - Target Center
Jun. 25 - Milwaukee, WI - Bradley Center
Jun. 26 - Cincinnati, OH - Riverbend Music Center
Jun. 28 - Toronto, ON - Molson Amphitheatre
Jun. 29 - Clarkston, MI - DTE Energy Music Theatre
Jul. 01 - Tinley Park, IL - FMB Amphitheatre
Jul. 02 - Noblesville, IN - Verizon Wireless Music Center
Jul. 03 - Nashville, TN - Bridgestone Arena
Jul. 05 - Hollywood, FL - Seminole Hard Rock Live Arena
Jul. 06 - Tampa, FL - St. Pete Times Forum
Jul. 08 - Biloxi, MS - Mississippi Coast Coliseum
Jul. 09 - Pelham, AL - Verizon Wireless Music Center (Mötley Crüe and New York Dolls only)
Jul. 10 - Atlanta, GA - Aaron's Amphitheatre at Lakewood
Jul. 12 - Charlotte, NC - Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
Jul. 13 - Hershey, PA - Star Pavilion at Hersheypark
Jul. 15 - Uncasville, CT - Mohegan Sun Arena
Jul. 16 - Camden, NJ - Susquehannna Bank Center
Jul. 19 - Mansfield, MA - Comcast Center
Jul. 20 - Uniondale, NY - Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum
Jul. 22 - Darien Center, NY - Darien Lake Performing Arts Center
Jul. 23 - Saratoga Springs, NY - Saratoga Performing Arts Center
Jul. 24 - Pittsburgh, PA - Stage AE
Jul. 27 - Cheyenne, WY - Frontier Days (Mötley Crüe only)
Jul. 29 - Youngstown, OH - Covelli Centre
Jul. 30 - Frederick, MD - Outlaw Jam 2011
Jul. 31 - Scranton, PA - Toyota Pavilion at Montage Mountain
Aug. 5 - Tomah, WI - Fort McCoy

Source: rockaaa.com
Band profile: Mötley Crüe
Event: Mötley Crüe + Poison: North American Summer Tour 2011
Posted: 02.03.2011 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 20   Visited by: 87 users
03.03.2011 - 00:15
Holy Man
STEEL DEFENDER
Fuckin hate both of these bands... although I do think it's funny that a douche bag like Nikki Sixx is now eating crow after saying all that shit about Poison. What a fucker. What the dipshit failed to see (or maybe realized, since the tour is on) is that millions of middle aged women are going to pay out the ass to see this show... as if they weren't rich enough...
----
LIGHT THE FUSE ON THAT VAGINAMITE!!!
03.03.2011 - 00:45
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Holy Man on 03.03.2011 at 00:15

Fuckin hate both of these bands... although I do think it's funny that a douche bag like Nikki Sixx is now eating crow after saying all that shit about Poison. What a fucker. What the dipshit failed to see (or maybe realized, since the tour is on) is that millions of middle aged women are going to pay out the ass to see this show... as if they weren't rich enough...

I will not be one of those middle aged women, that's for sure! lol

Nikki Sixx comes across as the fake, for saying all that stuff about Poison, and now he's happy to tour with them. Like most things, if the money is right....
03.03.2011 - 00:53
Holy Man
STEEL DEFENDER
Written by Angelic Storm on 03.03.2011 at 00:45

Written by Holy Man on 03.03.2011 at 00:15

I will not be one of those middle aged women, that's for sure! lol

Nikki Sixx comes across as the fake, for saying all that stuff about Poison, and now he's happy to tour with them. Like most things, if the money is right....

hahaha, well that's good then!! Fuckin old school 80's hair metal groupies are ridiculous! haha. And yeah, Nikki Sixx is one of those guys that is just way too full of himself... c'mon man, you're part of the glam rock era... and Poison is part of the (drum roll) GLAM ROCK ERA!!! OH MY FUCKIN GOD!! Personally, I think the guy's a dipshit and I'm glad they're playing with Poison... leaves the potential for some backstage violence between the bands, old school style, except that this time around, the place will smell like Bengay instead of whiskey, haha.
----
LIGHT THE FUSE ON THAT VAGINAMITE!!!
03.03.2011 - 00:57
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
I can't believe they are playing in those enormous venues! Stadiums? Coliseums? Amphitheaters? Last time Motley Crue was in town here they played at a local bingo parlor LOL!
----
rekt
03.03.2011 - 01:15
Winterthrone

That is so priceless!!!!!! LOL Those bands are still playing on the old rivalry that opposed them in the 80's but when money is there...Who's still interested in Glam Metal except the dumb people following stupid reality shows like The Rock of Love...
03.03.2011 - 01:26
Xim
Rocker of Worlds
I think Motley Crue makes some good music, I like their latest album but they have put out some "meh" stuff. Poison on the other hand, I don't care for in any way. I absolutely hate that douche-bag Brett Michaels especially his fucking show. Either way I probably won't go to see any of these shows.
03.03.2011 - 02:37
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Well it appears that the stroke that Bret Michaels had from tying his bandana too tight isn't enough to keep him from touring.

CURSES.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
03.03.2011 - 03:16
Mad Mike

I don't mind the Crue, everything up to Theatre of Pain is good stuff for me... but Poison, I can't stand a thing from them, especially their redneck singer. They're the 80's era's version of nickelback. No way I'm seeing this.
----
Did you ever notice that the people who tell you to get a life are normally people who should be dead in the first place?
03.03.2011 - 13:19
Fitlhy_Camel

Crüe is a great band, and deserves respect for starting genres of music, being trailblazers more than once, and making tons of great metal riffs in the early eighties. Nikki Sixx is a good songwriter and composer, but now he's also a hypocrite!

They have no businness touring with that poser band Posion - they're actually the opposite of what Mötley Crüe stands for! This makes me sick. I guess money talks..

Oh, and fyi, Motley Crue sold out their entire tour last time around, playing everything from 3000-30000 at a time. They were the band that grossed the most by touring in 2009 of any band, above The Rolling Stones even.
----
If my balls were on your chin, where would my dick be?
03.03.2011 - 13:24
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Two crap poser bands touring with each other. Laughing at the stadium sizes. but hey they don't dare mainland europe cause they know that once again most gigs will have to be cancelled due to poor ticket sales, just like back in the eighties when they were big in the US and england... mainland europe already spat them out back then and rightly so this pop music drivel pretending to be metal.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

03.03.2011 - 13:32
Fitlhy_Camel

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 03.03.2011 at 13:24

Two crap poser bands touring with each other. Laughing at the stadium sizes. but hey they don't dare mainland europe cause they know that once again most gigs will have to be cancelled due to poor ticket sales, just like back in the eighties when they were big in the US and england... mainland europe already spat them out back then and rightly so this pop music drivel pretending to be metal.

Funny how they sold out EVERYTHING last time they were in Europe (2009) - it's in the states they are having a harder time, but still selling out shows.

Laughing, really? Because of their succes? Because of the history of Motley Crue, that inspired thousands of bands up until today, everyone from Guns to Pantera? Without this band there would have been no Guns n Roses, no Skid Row, No Crashdiet and I could go on forever.. The sheer amount of metal-riffs written by Nikki Sixx is astounding, and if you claim that this band is pop music, you clearly know nothing of music og genres. Typical prejudism by some little boy who don't know what the helle he's talking about
----
If my balls were on your chin, where would my dick be?
03.03.2011 - 13:34
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Fitlhy_Camel on 03.03.2011 at 13:32

Funny how they sold out EVERYTHING last time they were in Europe (2009) -

They played at festivals the last time here.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

03.03.2011 - 16:27
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Fitlhy_Camel on 03.03.2011 at 13:19

They were the band that grossed the most by touring in 2009 of any band, above The Rolling Stones even.

I don't know who told you tha but as you can read here the top 10 of highest grossing tours world wide is as follows:

01: U2
02: Madonna
03: Bruce Springsteen
04: AC/DC
05: Pink
06: André Rieu
07: Britney Spears
08: Billy Joel & Elton John
09: Tina Turner
10: Coldplay
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

03.03.2011 - 23:33
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Written by Fitlhy_Camel on 03.03.2011 at 13:32

Funny how they sold out EVERYTHING last time they were in Europe (2009) - it's in the states they are having a harder time, but still selling out shows.

Laughing, really? Because of their succes? Because of the history of Motley Crue, that inspired thousands of bands up until today, everyone from Guns to Pantera? Without this band there would have been no Guns n Roses, no Skid Row, No Crashdiet and I could go on forever.. The sheer amount of metal-riffs written by Nikki Sixx is astounding, and if you claim that this band is pop music, you clearly know nothing of music og genres. Typical prejudism by some little boy who don't know what the helle he's talking about

This is such an argument from ignorance.

You cannot claim that because X band didn't exist, X band/genre wouldn't have happened from inspiration. It's like the Elvis argument, "If Elvis wasn't around, we would have no rock'n'roll". This claim means that for so many years, music stopped developing all of a sudden. You wouldn't have the same music as a whole, but you would eventually get something similar from someone else.
03.03.2011 - 23:55
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
Love how he called Marcel a little boy When was the last time someone called you that Marcel, lol?
04.03.2011 - 00:25
Lit. Metalhead
Account deleted
Love Motley Crue, but Poison ?
I find it hilarious that MC's touring with them depite the MULITPLE bad things they said about Poison being poseurs.
04.03.2011 - 02:31
RavenKing

We should rename this tour "The Cock(rock)suckers' Tour".

Can't find the right words to express how I hate and despise those shitty pop bands.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
04.03.2011 - 14:35
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by jupitreas on 03.03.2011 at 23:55

Love how he called Marcel a little boy When was the last time someone called you that Marcel, lol?

Yesterday here by Beikes
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

04.03.2011 - 14:47
Valentin B
Iconoclast
No problems with MC, they put on quite a good show last year at Wacken, but i do think they're trying too hard to stay relevant in a scene in which they've already been outclassed for so many years. they might be fun for a show once in a while but i can't imagine how they might fill up stadiums anymore. i do have to give some credit to Mick Mars, who keeps on playing like a badass despite being in a horrible state of health.

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 03.03.2011 at 16:27

Written by Fitlhy_Camel on 03.03.2011 at 13:19

They were the band that grossed the most by touring in 2009 of any band, above The Rolling Stones even.

I don't know who told you tha but as you can read here the top 10 of highest grossing tours world wide is as follows:

01: U2
02: Madonna
03: Bruce Springsteen
04: AC/DC
05: Pink
06: André Rieu
07: Britney Spears
08: Billy Joel & Elton John
09: Tina Turner
10: Coldplay

also, Rolling Stones haven't toured since 2007

i sense a troll...
05.03.2011 - 16:51
Jonnz of Steel

Shame the tour won't be coming to Europe. Atleast Motley can join Def Leppard and Sebitchian Bach in the club of people who slag off Poison and then end up touring with them.

Hits total: 4236 | This month: 6