Metal Storm logo
Panopticon

04.03.2011 - 19:51
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
Panopticon is a one-man Atmospheric Black Metal band from Kentucky which espouses anarchist views. The band has started to earn quite a bit of recognition in the metal underground, and I'm surprised no thread about them has been made here yet. For a sampler, here is "Emma's Song", one of my favorite tracks from their self-titled debut.
04.03.2011 - 20:06
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
I'm actually not that keen on their debut but the follow up is a bit good. I need to listen to it again though, has been a while.

Also, does anyone know if there's two versions of Collapse floating around? Apparently the first leaked version was unmastered, or relatively so. Pretty sure that's the version I've heard. Just wondered if there's a different version. It's probably bunkum anyway.
04.03.2011 - 22:09
The Turbanator
I swear I thought I saw a thread about this band before. But anyway, good band.

For some reason I prefer it's self titled album than the latest one.

Favorite track :
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
04.03.2011 - 22:14
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
Written by The Turbanator on 04.03.2011 at 22:09

I swear I thought I saw a thread about this band before. But anyway, good band.

You probably did, right here.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
09.03.2011 - 18:35
HugeTheConqeror
Yeah, Panopticon is pretty cool. Gotta respect any band that has balls enough to fuse Black Metal with Bluegrass. As gimmicky as this sounds, it comes off well. I have met Austin, the man behind this band, a few times at some shows, and he is very genuine about what he does. The Bluegrass is a logical influence, given his location in Kentucky.
----
Pardon me while I wreak my vengeance.
25.10.2011 - 13:48
The Turbanator
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
25.10.2011 - 20:26
BreadGod
Account deleted
Written by The Turbanator on 25.10.2011 at 13:48

His new track is out. Here : http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archives/2011/10/panopticon_rele.html#more

Judging by what I hear, I have a feeling that Social Disservices will be the band's darkest album to date.
25.10.2011 - 20:41
spirit_inblack
harshhead
It's supposed to be, at least that's what the reviews I've read have said so far. The other one, "Kentucky," is apparently more light-spirited.
25.10.2011 - 23:44
BreadGod
Account deleted
Written by spirit_inblack on 25.10.2011 at 20:41

It's supposed to be, at least that's what the reviews I've read have said so far. The other one, "Kentucky," is apparently more light-spirited.

Since the other album's name is Kentucky, I hope there are lots of banjos.
02.12.2011 - 01:34
BreadGod
Account deleted
I'm currently listening to "Social Disservices". This album scares the shit out of me, especially the babies that cry for almost two whole minutes at the beginning of "Client".
09.11.2019 - 16:37
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
PANOPTICON
18 hrs ·
Coming in January, 2020 on Bindrune Recordings!

The split LP that was bound to happen. Nechochwen and Panopticon set their brotherhood in wax, with 4 brand new tracks from Nechochwen and one long new song from Panopticon. Both Austin Lunn (Panopticon) and Tanner Anderson (Obsequiae) offer guest vocals on Nechochwen's fiery track, "The Megalith".

2020 is shaping up to be a truly busy and exciting year.

2 more album and teaser announcements will be coming to the Bindrune youtube channel very soon! Are you subscribed?

----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
05.07.2023 - 07:58
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Panopticon return with an epic new single titled "Cedar Skeletons," clocking in at over 16 minutes in length. This monumental track is accompanied by the announcement of their forthcoming album, The Rime Of Memory, set to be released later this year.

09.10.2023 - 15:25
GreatApe666
I saw Panopticon in Louisville back in May with Primeval Well who is somewhat similar at times. Just looked them up and they’ve got no bassist listed here. Same guy was touring with them last year when they came through.