Metal Storm logo
Who has been to a Wacken festival?

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 11.09.2006 - 07:16
i was watching metal: a headbangers journey and they were talking about the wacken festival and how its 4 days long... i wonder how is this festival? very exhilirating? also a shitload of people there...people waking up with hangovers and stuff lol
23.12.2006 - 15:20
Basso
Account deleted
Written by W-Lash on 12.12.2006 at 18:23

Written by baldur on 12.12.2006 at 15:15

cant understand why amon amarth comes to summer breeze but not to wacken??
someone does?

Read replies above. There was written something like a band can't play 2 years in turn in Wacken. Amon Amarth played past year and that means they have to skip this one.
But that's a sad fact because one of my life big goals is to see them live.

I dont think they have any rules like that "Die Apokalyptischen Reiter" has played several years in a row at Wacken..

And yes indeed bullet for my valentine at wacken is a joke...
23.12.2006 - 17:04
baldur
Written by Guest on 23.12.2006 at 15:20

someone does?

Read replies above. There was written something like a band can't play 2 years in turn in Wacken. Amon Amarth played past year and that means they have to skip this one.

I dont think they have any rules like that "Die Apokalyptischen Reiter" has played several years in a row at Wacken..

so why comes amon to summer breeze but not to wacken?
23.12.2006 - 23:29
Basso
Account deleted
Written by baldur on 23.12.2006 at 17:04

Eum? Dont know Im not an information bank.
23.12.2006 - 23:47
baldur
Written by Guest on 23.12.2006 at 23:29

Eum? Dont know Im not an information bank.

your not??? sure?
24.12.2006 - 00:46
W-Lash
Metal Master

Written by Guest on 23.12.2006 at 15:20

someone does?

Maybe find some customer support or forum on Amon Amarth web site and ask them.
24.12.2006 - 14:48
Judas
The Amputator
@Basso: Bullet For My Valentine may be crap, but they've still got as much of a right to play at Wacken 2007 as Fear Factory or Caliban did at Wacken 2006. If you can have Mambo Kurt coming back year after year, who isn't even metal (but damn good, it must be said), then it's perfectly fine to have a Metalcore band too.
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
24.12.2006 - 15:21
Basso
Account deleted
Written by Judas on 24.12.2006 at 14:48

@Basso: Bullet For My Valentine may be crap, but they've still got as much of a right to play at Wacken 2007 as Fear Factory or Caliban did at Wacken 2006. If you can have Mambo Kurt coming back year after year, who isn't even metal (but damn good, it must be said), then it's perfectly fine to have a Metalcore band too.

Im still going to wacken . No matter how shitty bands they release after Bullet or whatever, they still have a shitload of really good metalbands to satisfy me. Its just that bullet really really seem malplaced. And it bothers me kinda. But whatever ^^ im still going to have a great time next year
24.12.2006 - 15:47
baldur
Written by Guest on 24.12.2006 at 15:21

Im still going to wacken . No matter how shitty bands they release after Bullet or whatever, they still have a shitload of really good metalbands to satisfy me. Its just that bullet really really seem malplaced. And it bothers me kinda. But whatever ^^ im still going to have a great time next year

thats the right attitude!! fuck bullet for my ... wacken will be awesome!!!
25.12.2006 - 05:35
Judas
The Amputator
Written by baldur on 24.12.2006 at 15:47

Written by Guest on 24.12.2006 at 15:21

thats the right attitude!! fuck bullet for my ... wacken will be awesome!!!

Agreed in full. If I do end up going again, then it most certainly won't be to see them. Even though they are there, it's a festival, it's not like we have to go and see them if we don't want to. They can play if they want though, for the people who do want to hear them.
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
08.06.2007 - 22:19
mansonnette
Account deleted
I never went and I'll never go there, cause for me it's expensive, far away and I have no one to go with me, cause I'm alone.
14.06.2007 - 07:41
Black Mass
I went to Wacken last year and it was absolutely mind blowing! I wont be going again this year, but I'm thinking about going next year (could possibly be living in London then). If you can go, then I 100% recommend it. Nothing better than meeting up with your fellow Metal Stormers at a massive metal gig, sinking good beer and having good times.
07.07.2007 - 15:53
Mindheist
No Longer Human
Well, after seeing how outstanding was Wacken 2006, I have decided to support it this year too.
31.07.2007 - 19:23
Nighthowls
Paratrooper
I'll go eventually I just dont have the money right now but I imagine it being valhalla
31.07.2007 - 19:29
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
To all of you going good luck with the horrendous weather forecasts and have fun at the soaked and drowned camping.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

01.08.2007 - 00:57
Basso
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 31.07.2007 at 19:29

To all of you going good luck with the horrendous weather forecasts and have fun at the soaked and drowned camping.

The forecasts doesnt look too bad, only light rain friday morning, then its basicly shifting between cloudy / sunny. I cant see the horrendous about that.
01.08.2007 - 01:05
Baz Anderson
Staff
Written by Guest on 01.08.2007 at 00:57

The forecasts doesnt look too bad, only light rain friday morning, then its basicly shifting between cloudy / sunny. I cant see the horrendous about that.

yep, thats what I see as well.. but apparently the weather men don't know how it will be just yet.. it could go either way
I am really hoping for sun though!!! pleaaaaaaase can I have a dry festival... hahahaha
24.09.2007 - 10:04
Ellie
Account deleted
I went to Wacken this year! Hehe anyways I couldn't believe my parents let me being the fact that I was only 15 when I went..but hmm..it was amazing and I recommend it to anyone..even if they don't listen to metal. I had the time of my life and I think I'll definitely go back until it gets bad
25.09.2007 - 11:46
Anton Alcolust
i went to woa in 2006 and 2007 . this summer was my last wacken : there was too much people ! and the price ! it cost a lot to do this festival and no one like french here i did some little festival (max : 1000 people) in germany too and it was better (cheap , only band i like , only nice girlz :p ) then now , i'll only come to little festival .
----
A.M.S.G.
25.09.2007 - 17:45
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Anton Alcolust on 25.09.2007 at 11:46

i went to woa in 2006 and 2007 . this summer was my last wacken : there was too much people ! and the price ! it cost a lot to do this festival and no one like french here i did some little festival (max : 1000 people) in germany too and it was better (cheap , only band i like , only nice girlz :p ) then now , i'll only come to little festival .

I totally agree, small festivals are way way way better and more fun. 15,000 for a festival is about maximum I can handle. I am probably still traumatized by the Dynamo Open Aire festival at the time (early nineties) which had around 120,000 people attending.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

26.09.2007 - 00:42
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Anton Alcolust on 25.09.2007 at 11:46

IMO Wacken are one of overated metal festivals in last years, ewery boddy wanna go there wacken, but no there are Summer Breaze, and other fests in Ger
Only fest what I wanna atendet was Dinamo dunno why
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
27.09.2007 - 15:49
baldur
Written by Guest on 24.09.2007 at 10:04

I couldn't believe my parents let me

me neither!
your 16 and went to a festival so far away? but you werent alone were you?
27.09.2007 - 16:11
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by baldur on 27.09.2007 at 15:49

me neither!

I wont alowed to my child in age 15(she was 15) go to fets in Mid Canada /USA alone and wont sponsor it
----

apos;'
[image]
27.09.2007 - 22:01
Ellie
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 27.09.2007 at 16:11

Written by baldur on 27.09.2007 at 15:49

me neither!

I wont alowed to my child in age 15(she was 15) go to fets in Mid Canada /USA alone and wont sponsor it

Haha ya..well I went with my older sister (whose 18)..we payed for a lot of it ourselves too so I guess my parents were fine with it. They know we're safer there then we are here. After all..I live in the most dangerous city in America. Plus; I'm homeschooled and they thought it would be very educational for me which it was.
27.09.2007 - 22:17
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 27.09.2007 at 22:01

Haha ya..well I went with my older sister (whose 18)..we payed for a lot of it ourselves too so I guess my parents were fine with it. They know we're safer there then we are here. After all..I live in the most dangerous city in America. Plus; I'm homeschooled and they thought it would be very educational for me which it was.

I always thought NY and LA are moust dangerous cities in USA
----

apos;'
[image]
27.09.2007 - 22:19
Ellie
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 27.09.2007 at 22:17

Written by Guest on 27.09.2007 at 22:01

I always thought NY and LA are moust dangerous cities in USA

No, not at all. Although many do think that. Detroit and St. Louis are the most dangerous by far. St. Louis wins though..we have the highest murder rate per square mile too..
28.09.2007 - 19:01
Baz Anderson
Staff
yes I must agree - the worst thing by far at Wacken is the sheer crazy amount of people there..
you can't walk anywhere, it just gets annoying after a while
01.08.2009 - 20:01
TheBigRossowski
There was a documentation on TV (Arte) right now about Wacken. Reminds me that I'll never go. I don't know how anyone can stand to be around that many people that long. I even hate walking around New York... there are just way too many fuckers.

I'll stick to the little shows where only a handful of people go because and the others have spent all their money on Wacken. Smaller shows also seem a bit more personal.
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
11.08.2009 - 19:26
Razorback
I bought tickets for Wacken 2009 but i didn't go,i was disappointed in band list..maybe it's just because i didn't find anything for myself except Testament and Amon Amarth,but still Wacken is huge and great festival so i suppose wacken2010 will kick ass,but anyway you should visit wacken at least one,it will be great experience.
----
Careful what you wish,you may regret it.Careful what you wish,you just might get it!