Metal Storm logo
Soilwork - Forced To Cancel North American Tour

Soilwork - who were originally scheduled to head out this April & May supporting Symphony X and Nevermore - have regretfully been forced to cancel their participation on this upcoming North American tour.

Drummer Dirk Verbeuren has issued the following statement: "Due to recurring issues with a herniated disc in his lower back requiring a prolonged period of resting and healing, our guitarist Peter Wichers is forced to sit out this spring's North American tour with Symphony X and Nevermore.

We did consider hiring a fill-in guitar player, but we've decided to stick together as a band and out of respect for our fans, to cancel our participation in the tour. Our apologies to those of you who were hoping to see us. If all goes well, Peter should be healed and ready to hit the road in time for the summer festivals."

[Also thanks to Bloody_Footprint for this news!]

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Soilwork
Event: Symphony X: North American Tour 2011
Posted: 12.03.2011 by Account deleted

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 7   Visited by: 103 users
12.03.2011 - 14:15
Riscannon
Aww man that sucks but it's all good totally understand
12.03.2011 - 17:57
bluegreengod
Account deleted
NOOOOOOO!!! I just got tickets for this. I certainly wouldn't have bought tickets to see any of these other bands. It's not even going to be worth the hour and a half drive to get to the show anymore. Dammit!
12.03.2011 - 20:32
Necrodamus
Damn this sucks so much, I was stoked to see them in April. Hopefully they'll be back soon... get well Pete.
12.03.2011 - 21:40
Darth Mitchell
Mitchell
Wow that sucks! Well I have respect for them that they are willing to cancel a tour to stick together as a band.
14.03.2011 - 06:11
Drunken Master
Account deleted
Damn, wanted to see these fuckers at the jaxx club
14.03.2011 - 15:10
Dargor
The hell? Why does it happen to all the shows I want to see?
15.03.2011 - 18:03
Zangah
I died a little bit inside just now... the first time i tried to see them i was sick... now this...

Hits total: 3742 | This month: 5