Metal Storm logo
Japan Disaster

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 12.03.2011 - 22:27
I have put together a ton of videos, news articles, and a couple other things. Its a reference thread.
Photos from the Quake. Huff Post
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/11/japan-earthquake-photos_n_834391.html

Japan Crack from Quake.
http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/world/2011/03/11/ireport.kooi.cracked.japan.quake.cnn.html

13.03.2011 - 21:57
Luneth
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 13.03.2011 at 21:29

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 13.03.2011 at 15:45

Written by Valentin B on 13.03.2011 at 15:38

would you say "oh well, the population was aging anyway so whatever, it's good that they died"?

I would of course first grieve my personal loss and then go all rational again. It's happened before and it will happen again. When againg people die I indeed go "shit, bummer, I will miss them. But they are old anyway, lived their life, so what they died?"

Wouldn't that depend on who these elderly folks are? Not all 80+ people are useless to the world. In fact, at least 50% of my income comes from old people, who've got plenty of money and nothing to do but buy records. You know who don't benefit me personally at all? Teenagers, those downloading bastards who'd never by a cd in their life and who's only hobbies are getting drunk and spreading every STD imaginable. I'd save a granny from a tsunami before I'd save on of them.

P.S. Obviously there are normal teenagers out there too, who's parents have taken good care of them, because their parents taught them well on how to take care of their children and now we're back to old folks, who deserve to live, because they've raised people who benefit society. That's my two cents, straight from the wallet of senior citizens.

I resent that to be honest.

Won't get into it as I don't need to, but you should really open your eyes and your mind.
13.03.2011 - 22:05
ErnilEnNaur
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 13.03.2011 at 21:57

Won't get into it as I don't need to, but you should really open your eyes and your mind.

Resent what? To what should I open my eyes and mind? Why don't you need to get into it? If you're not willing state your opposition with clairvoyance, then don't say anything at all. Your comment doesn't say anything I could respond to, which means you probably don't want a response, so why post anything at all?
13.03.2011 - 22:12
Luneth
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 13.03.2011 at 22:05

Written by Guest on 13.03.2011 at 21:57

Resent what? To what should I open my eyes and mind? Why don't you need to get into it? If you're not willing state your opposition with clairvoyance, then don't say anything at all. Your comment doesn't say anything I could respond to, which means you probably don't want a response, so why post anything at all?

You judge me because of my opinions? Fair enough...nothing wrong with that...but when you presume it has anything to do with upbringing then you're crossing the line mate, and need to shut your mouth.

That's my opinion, but won't get into it as you have your opinion, and that's all fine. That's why I won't get into it, you may think you're gaining something by 'being brave' and talking about upbringing online, and I could easily retort...why should I? Why on Earth would I belittle myself to such an extent?
13.03.2011 - 22:29
ErnilEnNaur
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 13.03.2011 at 22:12

You judge me because of my opinions? Fair enough...nothing wrong with that...but when you presume it has anything to do with upbringing then you're crossing the line mate, and need to shut your mouth.

That's my opinion, but won't get into it as you have your opinion, and that's all fine. That's why I won't get into it, you may think you're gaining something by 'being brave' and talking about upbringing online, and I could easily retort...why should I? Why on Earth would I belittle myself to such an extent?

Nope, I didn't judge you. I was merely curious as to why you'd say I need to open my eyes and not clarify as to why or what about I should open my eyes. Curiosity, not judgement. Both of your responses leave me with nothing, but hints as to what you disagreed with in my original post and this puts me in an unfair position. How do I defend my opinions against someone who tells me to shut up, but doesn't clarify his objections to said opinions? If you don't want to have a discussion, that' fine. I'll consider this conversation finished, then.
13.03.2011 - 23:10
Luneth
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 13.03.2011 at 22:29

Written by Guest on 13.03.2011 at 22:12

Nope, I didn't judge you. I was merely curious as to why you'd say I need to open my eyes and not clarify as to why or what about I should open my eyes. Curiosity, not judgement. Both of your responses leave me with nothing, but hints as to what you disagreed with in my original post and this puts me in an unfair position. How do I defend my opinions against someone who tells me to shut up, but doesn't clarify his objections to said opinions? If you don't want to have a discussion, that' fine. I'll consider this conversation finished, then.

Well I don't intend to spoon feed a 'normal 21' year old information, as a 'modestly' intelligent person, tell me how someone who presumes a person was not brought up 'correctly' for having a somewhat 'controversial' opinion is anything but closed minded? Ending with clairvoyance? No, just not giving you the time of day, or allowing you to precipitate this into some mass conflict.
13.03.2011 - 23:21
ErnilEnNaur
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 13.03.2011 at 23:10

Well I don't intend to spoon feed a 'normal 21' year old information, as a 'modestly' intelligent person, tell me how someone who presumes a person was not brought up 'correctly' for having a somewhat 'controversial' opinion is anything but closed minded? Ending with clairvoyance? No, just not giving you the time of day, or allowing you to precipitate this into some mass conflict.

This is OVER as far as I am concerned, at least on this thread where the discussions should be about the disasters in Japan. If you want to move this into PM, then please do, but I really cannot recall saying anything about your controversial opinions being the result of your upbringing. In fact, I don't remember saying anything about your opinions or about your upbringing at all. This is what happens, when you respond to someone without proper quotation and explanation, it turns into a big mess. Let's end this mess right now, shall we?
14.03.2011 - 00:12
Luneth
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 13.03.2011 at 23:21

Written by Guest on 13.03.2011 at 23:10

This is OVER as far as I am concerned, at least on this thread where the discussions should be about the disasters in Japan. If you want to move this into PM, then please do, but I really cannot recall saying anything about your controversial opinions being the result of your upbringing. In fact, I don't remember saying anything about your opinions or about your upbringing at all. This is what happens, when you respond to someone without proper quotation and explanation, it turns into a big mess. Let's end this mess right now, shall we?

Yes, well done.
14.03.2011 - 05:08
Zuzuz0r
Some sources say there are already 10,000 people dead only in one prefecture, prime minister Naoto Kan considers it as the worst disaster in Japan since WWII.
----
If this grand panorama before me is what you call God
Then God is not dead.
16.03.2011 - 04:36
MetalSpider
My sister moved home from Japan almost 2 months ago. A lot of her friends and boyfriend are still in Japan. Luckily they're all fine, but I'm sure most of them will be leaving. I'm glad my sister is home thats for sure!

But its definitely terrible whats happened over in Japan.
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
16.03.2011 - 06:29
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
admin
My cousin and his wife were riding a bullet train to Tokyo when the quake hit. they had a terrifying ordeal, worried they might never get back to the US and see their kids again. upon arriving back home a couple days later, my cousin went on at great length describing how amazingly helpful and friendly the Japanese were. at a truly horrifying time, so many locals went out of their way to show kindness, comfort, and aid to him... speaks volumes.

it's a horrible thing, but amazing is the strength and character of the Japanese people.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
16.03.2011 - 07:42
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
Written by BitterCOld on 16.03.2011 at 06:29

My cousin and his wife were riding a bullet train to Tokyo when the quake hit. they had a terrifying ordeal, worried they might never get back to the US and see their kids again. upon arriving back home a couple days later, my cousin went on at great length describing how amazingly helpful and friendly the Japanese were. at a truly horrifying time, so many locals went out of their way to show kindness, comfort, and aid to him... speaks volumes.

it's a horrible thing, but amazing is the strength and character of the Japanese people.

Always nice to see people put everything aside and show true kindness. Not enough of that left in the world if you ask me.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
17.03.2011 - 02:28
Webimpulse
Not to derail this topic too much, but for those of you who are still interested in helping the Japan quake relief effort (and I hope you are), Japanese online music retailer HearJapan is donating 50% of its sales of music to the quake relief effort. You can see for yourself here:

http://www.hearjapan.com/news/hearjapan_news/HearJapan_to_donate_50_of_all_sales_to_Japanese_relief_effort

So you can donate to the quake relief effort AND get some music for your trouble. Plus, HearJapan hosts plenty of Japanese metal bands. What's not to like?
17.03.2011 - 04:02
Zuzuz0r
I read in Capcom's Facebook profile(since they are a japanese company) that all the sales of the iPhone version of Street Fighter IV will be donated to support earthquake reliefs activities. I don't know(but probably) if other japanese enterprises are doing the same.
----
If this grand panorama before me is what you call God
Then God is not dead.
19.03.2011 - 00:19
Kennoth
Horrible accident. I'm sure Japan will recover though. I mean, they've been nuked twice and are now second richest country in the world.
It's kinda harsh thinking it can somehow help Japan by decreasing its population size. Especially so since earthquakes and tsunamis don't pick victims. There's been shitload of young, able men and women killed in it. How is that good for any economy?
----
*insert something deep and profound*
19.03.2011 - 02:10
Elodie Artour
Slania
I've been browsing through this thread lately and still cannot find the right words to express myself about this whole situation...

As I've already stated, the saddest part are not the destroyed buildings and stuff but the loss of so many lives. And, no - it's not the right time to joke about overpopulation. : Earthquakes, tsunamis, and so on are all subjects which acquire more serious discussions.

The worst part for me personally is that I really wish to help, yet I'm unable to find any possible way. I don't use PayPal and similar debit/credit cards, so donations are out for me. Is there anything else (apart from my moral support) that could be done instead?

On a side note, I am once again amased by Japanese people and their unbelievable strength, courage and kindness. There is simply no other nation like this one on Earth; I truly believe it and respect them a lot! I also agree with Vali that if the same disaster had happened in some other country, destruction would have been even bigger.
----
Speak up dear 'cause I cannot hear you...
19.03.2011 - 02:18
Luneth
Account deleted
Written by Elodie Artour on 19.03.2011 at 02:10

And, no - it's not the right time to joke about overpopulation. :

Quite right, and no one is joking about overpopulation. It's not a joke.
19.03.2011 - 02:38
Elodie Artour
Slania
@Luneth: I definitely hope so...
----
21.03.2011 - 06:50
EmperorGonzo
Account deleted

I've been browsing through this thread lately and still cannot find the right words to express myself about this whole situation...

As I've already stated, the saddest part are not the destroyed buildings and stuff but the loss of so many lives. And, no - it's not the right time to joke about overpopulation. : Earthquakes, tsunamis, and so on are all subjects which acquire more serious discussions.

The worst part for me personally is that I really wish to help, yet I'm unable to find any possible way. I don't use PayPal and similar debit/credit cards, so donations are out for me. Is there anything else (apart from my moral support) that could be done instead?

On a side note, I am once again amased by Japanese people and their unbelievable strength, courage and kindness. There is simply no other nation like this one on Earth; I truly believe it and respect them a lot! I also agree with Vali that if the same disaster had happened in some other country, destruction would have been even bigger.

I couldn't agree more. You said it perfectly.
21.03.2011 - 18:48
MechanisT
Account deleted
I have a personal fondness of Japan, so naturally this catastrophe is very upsetting for me, but Japan is known for it's resilience. These words may look cliche, but they will rise from the ashes, stronger than ever before. I include you in my prayers, Japan.
21.03.2011 - 21:26
Elodie Artour
Slania
@EmperorGonzo: Thanks, man!

@MechanisT: I totally agree with you. The Japanese nation has fully recovered after that Hiroshima/Nagasaki disaster, so they won't have any problem rising from the ashes again.
----
23.03.2011 - 14:35
Kimiwind
Speed Metal God

First off, What you said is very sweet, but i think no one is saying jokes about the overpopulation of Japan! Although who says that is a simple idiot. Japan is a vast Archipelago and 127 million is merely nothing compared to the size of the country. Of course, only 20% of the land is adequate for construction but still. This is not China, mind you.

However, if you want to help Japan is not necessary by donating. You can pray fo them or you can buy Japanese products for example. However, Japan is one of the top richest countries in the world, so dont feel like they are in trouble. In 1995, following the aftermath of kobe's earthquake (more than 6000 have perished), Japan GDP dropped 2% that year, and still the economy recovered quickly. Now, according to Japanese experts, they prospect that the GDP will not drop more than 1%, so basically it will not be as bad as some assume.

Lastly, i think the world agrees with you. Japanese people are renowned of their work ethics and discipline that we can't see in any other country the world. Not only that but also their great manners and morals. Japanese society according to many reliable sources are the most civilized country in the world. Many gaijins (aliens) says that the country is totaly another planet. In fact what they claim is completely true. I myself have high respect for this nation, for many many reasons.

Who wants to donate, please refer to this website (it goes directly to the Japanese red cross):
http://www.google.com/crisisresponse/japanquake2011.html
(Do not donate to any other redcross organizations from the US, Canada, Europe etc..because Japan has not requested their aid yet for some reason so they are not in Japan at the moment.) Thank you.

"Hope this answered everyone's questions."
----
Wintermoon Calls you, Follow It And You Will Be Proud Forever.
29.03.2011 - 04:39
EmperorGonzo
Account deleted
This is why I hate the media. I went on three different major news websites. Neither of them had anything about the Japan disaster on it. Sadness.
08.04.2011 - 03:15
Axe Argonian
Fuck, yet another earthquake has shaken Japan. It seems as if a reprieve from torment is something Japan can't be granted...

I don't intend to deride the topic, but I think this is an interesting read. Don't mind the nonsense about the Holocaust being intended to propagate problems in the Middle East and about the revolutions in the Middle East being the result of spite toward the American dollar. Some of this man's theories are outlandish, but his theory that the earthquakes are being caused by ambitious, avaricious men is actually believable.

Quote:
In a radio talk show interview between Benjamin Fulford and Jeff Rense of 3/31/2011 posted on YouTube, many "hot topics" leading up to the Japan earthquake and tsunami were discussed.

Benjamin Fulford and "his people" were able to get a recording of a conversation taking place on March 9, two days prior to the Japanese earthquake and tsunami, between Japanese "power broker" Ozawa and Kurt Campbell, who was sent as a representative of J Rockefeller (and his camp), who builds nuclear reactors via General Electric who the Rockefeller family controls.

Campbell asked Ozawa not to split up the Demographic Party and that the trumped-up charges against Ozawa would be dropped if he abided by Campbell's requests. In addition, Ozawa would be given access to giant "zerosite" deposits in Fukushima prefecture, which can clean up nuclear waste. Bear in mind this conversation took place on March 9, two days prior to the disaster!

Sakura Ito, who is the daughter of a gang leader, insisted on meeting Fulford on March 10 and told him that she was told to set his phone alarm to ring at 11 a.m. on March 11 -- the day of the earthquake. That was supposedly an indicator that they knew that something big was going to happen on that day.

The Japanese also put plutonium in Reactor 3 at Fukushima 4 months before March 11 and Fulford thought it was insane to do so in case something went wrong with the reactor!

An ANZAS agent by name of "Koala" hacked into emails between Australian politicians (Foreign and Defense ministers) who were caught saying that Kevin Rudd had to be fired and removed from power.

Fulford also said that "these people" have been killing Japanese politicians. As a man who has just received high amounts of nuclear radiation because he's in Tokyo, Fulford seems to be letting it all go as he's been given a death sentence while the radiation does its work... Can one blame him?

Per Fulford, Japanese scientists also said that water under Mt Fuji is getting very hot. Fulford says they detected anomalous energy frequency waves prior to the disaster. He is adamant that HAARP technology was used to bring on the Japanese earthquake, tsunami and nuclear disaster.

Fulford is sure that Rockefeller and other bankers are at the heart of things. He feels that the recent acceleration of the "end times" scenario is being artificially created. He feels it is all phony and created to bring things to critical mass.

Some of this does indicate that some had known about the impending earthquake before the earthquake actually occurred. Why would Ozawa be given access to "zerosite" deposits two days before the earthquake if he did not know about what was going to unfold in two days? Is it not convenient that Japan deposited plutonium in reactor 3 just two months before the earthquake? What was the source of the alleged anomalous energy frequency waves? Let's not also forget that Japan continues to be shaken by earthquakes nearly a month after March 11th.

Although I do not agree with everything that this man has said, I can not deny the possibility of human involvement in Japan's current crisis. If this man's claims and theories are indeed true, then only tumult awaits America's relationship with Japan. I'm not sure whether you would agree, but if I were to learn that technology funded by another nation was used to kill my nation's people, I would be quite furious with both the nefarious men using the technology and the nation funding it.

Share your thoughts.
----
"Man does at all times only what he wills, and yet he does this necessarily. But this is because he already is what he wills." - Arthur Schopenhauer
08.04.2011 - 20:27
EmperorGonzo
Account deleted