Metal Storm logo
Axel Rudi Pell

Original post

Posted by Baz Anderson, 12.09.2006 - 00:24
Axel Rudi Pell, the heavy metal band from Germany. Formed in 1988 and has been going since.
In 1998 the band had a big line-up change introducing new singer, drummer and keyboardist - and in my opinion the band has not been stronger then they are now.

Johnny Gioeli has to be one of my favorite singers, I love his voice - it fits so perfectly into the band who usually play more ballad kind of stuff. The backbone of their albums arent exceptionally fast stuff but it is thoroughly enjoyable stuff indeed.

They dont play a lot of live shows, or not from what I can see - but I am lucky enough to be able to watch them play at the end of this month and I am very excited indeed as they are probably one of my favorite bands now. I will make sure I get my albums signed too!

So anyone else who likes this band or has anything else to say about the band, pop a comment by and let us know what you think. Favorite albums, that sort of stuff..

I have to say, my favorite album is probably the album from a couple of years ago, 'Kings And Queens'
every song on that album is quite remarkable I think and is well worth listening to indeed!

Anyone who does not know this band but loves real heavy metal - they are well worth looking into!!
28.09.2007 - 18:58
Baz Anderson
Staff
yeh, I have heard the covers album now and I do quite like it after a few listens - there are a few great songs on there, but to be honest it is a pretty pointless album
I am looking forward to the next real full length Axel Rudi Pell album
16.10.2007 - 20:47
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
MetalSymphony.com has posted a new audio interview with Axel Rudi Pell in which he talks about his latest CD, "Diamonds Unlocked", his 20-year solo career, upcoming projects and much more. You can listen to it at this location.
21.10.2007 - 00:53
Remus
I just downloaded Mystica (though only a sample) and it sounds really awesome. I wish to get into Axel Rudy Pell. I'd ask for recommendations but i'll just try and get the albums mr Baz are good. I shall return.
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
10.03.2008 - 17:35
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
A trailer for Axel Rudi Pell's recently released double DVD, "Live Over Europe" can be viewed at this location.
11.04.2009 - 17:45
Baz Anderson
Staff
It's been a long, LONG time since I have listened to Axel Rudi Pell.
I've got a few seIect ballads on now, and I am wondering why I ever stopped listening to him.
16.05.2009 - 15:03
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Elite
After reading several reviews, I gave this band a shot and I really agree that this band plays some really quality music. We have great vocals and some really good guitar work. Now i've got 7 of their albums XD Personally, I like Mystica and Oceans Of Time the most.
----
loves 小巫
07.07.2009 - 23:46
Stigmatized
Just discovering this band, and "Oceans of Time" blows my mind. The music is has a simplistic (and complex) feel to it and the solos are great. The vocals are over-the-top, but in a good way.
09.07.2009 - 04:17
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Elite
The ballad "The Clown Is Dead" is probably one of the most effective metal ballads imo. i hear it in my mind all the time o.0
----
loves 小巫
31.05.2010 - 18:35
Dark Blood
The Avenger
I discovered them recently by stumbling in a Jeff's review here on MS. I got curious about his respect for the band so I bought the last album "The Crest" and I can see why he has such respect for them. I love the album, it has everything a heavy band should have: powerful and catchy vocals, and guitar riffs; awesome memorable guitar solos; nice keyboard atmosphere.
I'm surprised I didn't know them before. Maybe if I heard people talking I'd know them. Why there's so few people who know them? They deserve a better attention... I mean, a band so good with more than 20 years and only a few of us knows them?
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
01.06.2010 - 03:16
Archetype
The first song I've heard from them is "The Clown Is Dead" a few years back and it definitely made me look into them a lot more. Great band and even the past members are some great musicians themselves.
08.11.2010 - 17:18
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Hei
Anybody knows what was idea about song ''Forever Angel'''??? is it true its tribute song to 81
Lyrric says its about HAMC

[Bridge:]
Riding with the brothers
Through the wind and the rain
You're proud of your color
and can feel no pain

[Chorus:]
Forever angel
Keep on riding
And fight for your rights
Forever angel
Roaring thunder
Through endless nights

This video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTFHbdPZOuU

all about 81

Maybe you know what idea and about what is this song
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
02.10.2019 - 17:39
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
AXEL RUDI PELL OFFICIAL SITE is feeling excited.
30 September at 20:00 ·
Wanna know what I did the last months after our final show for 2019 in St.Petersburg in July? Vacation? NO! Heavy Partying? NO!
Good news: I wrote new songs for the next studio album!!! We will enter the studio in November and will be done with everything by the end of December. The new album will be released worldwide in late April 2020, followed by a tour, so stay tuned!!!
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing