Metal Storm logo
Band Profiles: Report Mistakes

Original post

Posted by Baz Anderson, 15.03.2011 - 18:14
This is your place to report mistakes with our featured bands, in the same way as the last thread:

http://www.metalstorm.net/forum/topic.php?topic_id=3137
19.02.2015 - 17:32
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Written by nicaZe on 19.02.2015 at 17:27

I can't remember I replace the bio, I think I just edited the one already added.

I was the last one to edit the bio, so according to the logs you must have edited it. I just mean that a lot of the info you put in is really out of date (e.g. he's already graduated.) I'll fix it up.
19.02.2015 - 17:33
nicaZe
Savatage
You put this as a source http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=6769, so this is the same bio and I just edited it.
19.02.2015 - 17:34
nicaZe
Savatage
My last edit on DMM profile +new image, links added and rearranged, bio edited...BIO EDITED NOT REPLACED
19.02.2015 - 17:39
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Written by nicaZe on 19.02.2015 at 17:34

My last edit on DMM profile +new image, links added and rearranged, bio edited...BIO EDITED NOT REPLACED

Yes, edited wrongly
19.02.2015 - 17:40
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
About replacing bio, don't replace old long good written bio whit new facebook short bio because old home page or myspace is dead , bio was accepted becase then sources was do not, it don't means bio is bad if source is dead, if bio is out dated , merge together but leave old one ....
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
19.02.2015 - 18:17
psykometal
A staff guy...
Written by Bad English on 19.02.2015 at 17:40

About replacing bio, don't replace old long good written bio whit new facebook short bio because old home page or myspace is dead , bio was accepted becase then sources was do not, it don't means bio is bad if source is dead, if bio is out dated , merge together but leave old one ....

If I'm understanding Kiwi correctly, he wrote a bio on his own that was quite comprehensive. I never saw it but that's what we were discussing on the previous page. And there's nothing wrong with that especially since Micic has no good bio to begin with.
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

19.02.2015 - 19:02
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by psykometal on 19.02.2015 at 18:17

Written by Bad English on 19.02.2015 at 17:40

If I'm understanding Kiwi correctly, he wrote a bio on his own that was quite comprehensive. I never saw it but that's what we were discussing on the previous page. And there's nothing wrong with that especially since Micic has no good bio to begin with.

I dunno, that band I did not edit anybio
----

apos;'
[image]
19.02.2015 - 20:29
psykometal
A staff guy...
Written by Bad English on 19.02.2015 at 19:02

I know you didn't, and I wasn't saying you did. You were talking about replacing old bios with new bios though, and it looked like you were directing that comment at nicaZe, so I was just making sure you realized that nicaZe didn't replace an old Myspace bio with a new Facebook bio.
----

19.02.2015 - 20:32
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by psykometal on 19.02.2015 at 20:29

Written by Bad English on 19.02.2015 at 19:02

I know you didn't, and I wasn't saying you did. You were talking about replacing old bios with new bios though, and it looked like you were directing that comment at nicaZe, so I was just making sure you realized that nicaZe didn't replace an old Myspace bio with a new Facebook bio.

It was not to him , but basic remark man
I remember rucsenko or what is his name (cant remember) in old days did, and someone also did
----

apos;'
[image]
19.02.2015 - 21:24
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Lex - did you staffers decide what to do whit Tank? (I mean band)
----

apos;'
[image]
21.02.2015 - 17:55
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Changed The Contortionist from simply prog deathcore to:
- Progressive deathcore (2007-2013)
- Progressive metalcore (2014-)

I did this because there's zero deathcore in their '14 opus and they basically switched to prog metalcore à la BtBaM.
21.02.2015 - 19:47
psykometal
A staff guy...
Written by LeKiwi on 21.02.2015 at 17:55

Changed The Contortionist from simply prog deathcore to:
- Progressive deathcore (2007-2013)
- Progressive metalcore (2014-)

I did this because there's zero deathcore in their '14 opus and they basically switched to prog metalcore à la BtBaM.

Well, only issue with that is we don't know yet if they're gona stay that way, or continue with on with deathcore on the next release.
----

21.02.2015 - 20:48
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Written by psykometal on 21.02.2015 at 19:47

Well, only issue with that is we don't know yet if they're gona stay that way, or continue with on with deathcore on the next release.

I doubt they'd ever go back to deathcore, but if they did we could always put their style as simply prog deathcore and modify their '14 release to prog metalcore. I think it would be nice to have prog metalcore as part of their profile so that someone searching for that will find it. That's what I think anyway, you know better than me what's best for the site.

Edit: that last sentence sounds sarcastic, it's not at all.
21.02.2015 - 21:04
psykometal
A staff guy...
Written by LeKiwi on 21.02.2015 at 20:48

I doubt they'd ever go back to deathcore, but if they did we could always put their style as simply prog deathcore and modify their '14 release to prog metalcore. I think it would be nice to have prog metalcore as part of their profile so that someone searching for that will find it. That's what I think anyway, you know better than me what's best for the site.

Edit: that last sentence sounds sarcastic, it's not at all.

This type of situation is what the album style feature is for. So it's best to leave the main profile as prog deathcore for now and only add prog metalcore to the album. If they continue release another metalcore album then we would edit the profile style.
----

22.02.2015 - 03:27
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Written by psykometal on 21.02.2015 at 21:04

This type of situation is what the album style feature is for. So it's best to leave the main profile as prog deathcore for now and only add prog metalcore to the album. If they continue release another metalcore album then we would edit the profile style.

Got it.
22.02.2015 - 16:30
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Changed Damnation Defaced from prog death to melodeath + prog metalcore.
23.02.2015 - 19:58
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Changed Monuments from prog + djent to:
- Progressive math metal
- Djent

I figured they're pretty much identical to Periphery so I ensured that their styles were consistent.
24.02.2015 - 10:59
Risto
Wandering Midget
Chaos Divine:

2005-2014 Melodic death metal
2011- Progressive metal

Colliding Skies can no longer be categorized as melodeath (streaming in full ahead of release).
24.02.2015 - 21:10
psykometal
A staff guy...
Written by Risto on 24.02.2015 at 10:59

Chaos Divine:

2005-2014 Melodic death metal
2011- Progressive metal

Colliding Skies can no longer be categorized as melodeath (streaming in full ahead of release).

Did they abandon their extremity altogether, or is extreme prog more proper? I haven't listened to them since Avalon; wasn't my cup of tea.
----

25.02.2015 - 00:19
Risto
Wandering Midget
Written by psykometal on 24.02.2015 at 21:10

Did they abandon their extremity altogether, or is extreme prog more proper? I haven't listened to them since Avalon; wasn't my cup of tea.

No, they're not extreme prog. Even melodic death for The Human Connection is so-so because only one song is truly aggressive, but there are occasional verses with death metal vox scattered throughout. On Colliding Skies it's even less.

THC is a great record, I reviewed it a while back
25.02.2015 - 00:33
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
If a band starts playing live, but the members have explicitly stated that they will not release any new music...does that warrant labeling them as "reunited" on MS?

What about that same scenario, but they plan to release a DVD after the touring?

My concerns were brought about when I read this regarding Carnival In Coal.
25.02.2015 - 03:41
psykometal
A staff guy...
Written by Risto on 25.02.2015 at 00:19

No, they're not extreme prog. Even melodic death for The Human Connection is so-so because only one song is truly aggressive, but there are occasional verses with death metal vox scattered throughout. On Colliding Skies it's even less.

THC is a great record, I reviewed it a while back

Oky doky
----

25.02.2015 - 03:43
psykometal
A staff guy...
Written by LeKiwi on 25.02.2015 at 00:33

If a band starts playing live, but the members have explicitly stated that they will not release any new music...does that warrant labeling them as "reunited" on MS?

What about that same scenario, but they plan to release a DVD after the touring?

My concerns were brought about when I read this regarding Carnival In Coal.

We did it for Emperor. And they didn't even release a DVD.
----

25.02.2015 - 03:49
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Written by psykometal on 25.02.2015 at 03:43

We did it for Emperor. And they didn't even release a DVD.

Got it Did you have a chance to read the article? The band and the label say that it's not a "reunion" and that they act under the moniker "CinC". I added CinC as an alias on their profile, but should the band be called CinC with Carnival In Coal as an alias (e.g. A.K.A. Carnival In Coal ('95-'07)). Not sure whether to consider it a name change or not
25.02.2015 - 03:52
psykometal
A staff guy...
Written by LeKiwi on 25.02.2015 at 03:49

Got it Did you have a chance to read the article? The band and the label say that it's not a "reunion" and that they act under the moniker "CinC". I added CinC as an alias on their profile, but should the band be called CinC with Carnival In Coal as an alias (e.g. A.K.A. Carnival In Coal ('95-'07)). Not sure whether to consider it a name change or not

Nah, just leave the profile labelled as Carnival In Coal.

Also make sure you observe the proper reunion/break rules.
----

25.02.2015 - 03:58
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Written by psykometal on 25.02.2015 at 03:52

Also make sure you observe the proper reunion/break rules.

Where might I find those? Did I do something wrong

Another query. I just found out that Ravenage formed out of Heathen Foray. I wanted to add their albums from their years as Heathen Foray, but the only sources I've managed to find with said info is MA and a few links with download links (i.e. not official.) Should I trust MA in this scenario?
25.02.2015 - 04:15
psykometal
A staff guy...
Written by LeKiwi on 25.02.2015 at 03:58

Where might I find those? Did I do something wrong

They can be found right here. Looks to me like you did it already, so, yippee.
Quote:

Another query. I just found out that Ravenage formed out of Heathen Foray. I wanted to add their albums from their years as Heathen Foray, but the only sources I've managed to find with said info is MA and a few links with download links (i.e. not official.) Should I trust MA in this scenario?

I make it a point to never just trust MA. However if you have an account and enough points to poke around through the Modification history on the 2 profiles listed there then by all means poke through them. But if you can't find anything then don't add that info here.

I assume you tried finding interviews with the band, in either of it's incarnations, to attempt to confirm the info?
----

25.02.2015 - 04:41
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Written by psykometal on 25.02.2015 at 04:15

I assume you tried finding interviews with the band, in either of it's incarnations, to attempt to confirm the info?

I found the info regarding their previous incarnation on FB ----> BandPage---> "about". Sadly, there's no mention of their albums released under that name AFAICT and I don't have an account on MA either

Edit: my bad, it was right there under my nose
25.02.2015 - 04:54
psykometal
A staff guy...
Written by LeKiwi on 25.02.2015 at 04:41

I found the info regarding their previous incarnation on FB ----> BandPage---> "about". Sadly, there's no mention of their albums released under that name AFAICT and I don't have an account on MA either

Edit: my bad, it was right there under my nose

Apparently you didn't try too hard. All I did was Google search "Ravenage interview" and the very first link contains an interview where the first question is asking about their history and Glyn gives a quite detailed history... tsk tsk
----

25.02.2015 - 04:56
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Written by psykometal on 25.02.2015 at 04:54

Apparently you didn't try too hard. All I did was Google search "Ravenage interview" and the very first link contains an interview where the first question is asking about their history and Glyn gives a quite detailed history... tsk tsk

For some reason an interview was the last thing I would have been looking for. Shame on me...oh well! Thanks for the tip