Metal Storm logo
Metal love songs??

Original post

Posted by Ag Fox, 20.03.2011 - 01:40
Yes... I've been in a very lovey dovey mood as of late. Problem with most metal songs seems to be about death, violence, the great red one, some random philosophical concept or dragon slaying in the land of nevermore.

Are there any love songs? Preferably good ones of course!
29.04.2011 - 17:47
Malphas
Yeah...strange things are happening to the black metal world, Dark Funeral's In My Dreams is a love song too, proof:

read the lyrics...
----
Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
30.04.2011 - 03:35
nana.MD
Star-Queen
Adam's murmur - Cynic

Ghost love score - Nightwish

Disappear - Dream Theater ...this one is really sad but I like it a lot and it still talks about love
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
08.05.2011 - 21:57
Paradox Lover
Account deleted
I say that it depends on how you interpreted the song. Like I find for kind of love song Opeth - Harvest or Katatonia - In the White... Um Insomnium - Lay of the Autumn could be... Dark Tranquility - Lethe/ Undo Control ... There are many, but it depends on how you understand the lyrics.
08.05.2011 - 22:05
Paradox Lover
Account deleted
Oh oh oh and Hammerfall - the fallen one... I guess I can come up with more if I think bout it a bit...
13.05.2011 - 20:19
blacktooth85
Slayer - Necrophiliac
13.05.2011 - 20:54
rekkuza-
Tristania's first album ^^
----
The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it- Oscar Wilde
13.05.2011 - 22:10
stephenssaiyan
Account deleted
I died for you - Iced Earth
13.05.2011 - 22:42
Beer Fairy
Hipodil - City song (bulgarian song) --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5K7HSbLJAM
13.05.2011 - 23:50
Yasmine
Testament - Leave me Forever.

I know there's tons more but drawing up a blank.
----
"Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute." G B Stern
"Society is like a stew. If you don't stir it up every once in a while then a layer of scum float u
14.05.2011 - 01:20
InnerSelf
proofread free
40 Watt Sun - The Inside Room . the album's lyrical concept is "love" and it is carried out with maximum emotions
Officium Trsite - Your Eyes (classic)
MDB - L'amour Detruit

All Doom
----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.
17.05.2011 - 01:43
JollyRoger
Anthrax - Safe Home
KISS - Beth
Motöthead - Too Good To Be True
Shadow Gallery - Comfort Me

For you corpsepainters: It's terrific to cuddle while listening to Agalloch
----
"Life is far too important a thing ever to talk seriously about it." (Oscar Wilde)
26.05.2011 - 05:24
GroundZero
I think you have to listen to some "glam metal" or "hard-rock" bands to get what you want. It's extremely difficult to find love songs in Heavy and Power, and almost impossible to do it in Thrash, Death or Black (Does anybody know any love song in these three last genres? I do not).

In Hard-Rock genre Aerosmith has many love songs, as well as Skid Row,Def Leppard, Dokken, Extreme, Guns 'N' Roses, Van Halen, Mr. Big, Scorpions, Whitesnake, Europe, John Norum, etc...

In Glam-Metal there are bands as Warrant, Bon Jovi, Firehouse, Poison, Motley Crue, Winger, etc, which also have many love songs in their repertory.
26.05.2011 - 14:41
ANGEL REAPER
Written by GroundZero on 26.05.2011 at 05:24

It's extremely difficult to find love songs in Heavy and Power, and almost impossible to do it in Thrash, Death or Black (Does anybody know any love song in these three last genres? I do not).

Maybe you should start reading this tread from the beginning
Hint
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
26.05.2011 - 14:44
Bulletdodger
Written by blacktooth85 on 13.05.2011 at 20:19

Slayer - Necrophiliac

Nice
----
Aus dem Paradies, das Cantor uns geschaffen, soll uns niemand vertreiben können.
David Hilbert
29.05.2011 - 17:42
VloRD
In Mourning - For you to know
----
30.05.2011 - 00:08
ANGEL REAPER
This is also some kind of love song ..even for Dimmu standards
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
30.05.2011 - 05:13
stephenssaiyan
Account deleted
I wanna hear a serious love ballad with blast beats.
06.12.2011 - 12:46
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Black Sabbath - Symptom of the Universe.
Sinergy - Razor Blade Salvation.
Nightwish - Beauty and the Beast.
Opeth - Face of Melinda.
Judas Priest - Angel.
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
06.12.2011 - 17:58
Lit.
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 13.05.2011 at 22:10

You know that song (And the album itself) is about the comic book character Spawn, right?
06.12.2011 - 20:48
metalheadpunk
Account deleted
Looking In Your Eyes - Suicidal Tendencies
06.12.2011 - 21:45
fightwithsteel
Account deleted
Portals of Light--Falconer
A Tale that Wasn't Right--Helloween
Sacrifice--Power Quest
Black Diamond--Stratovarius
When Mountains Fall--Stratovarius

Power metal usually has more love songs. Not that they're the best songs out there, but you might like them. That's a start I think. I'll edit if I can think of any better ones.
09.12.2011 - 05:28
Sacrificial
Grave - In Love
13.01.2012 - 00:57
lordchadi
Crematory - temple of love
- for love

King Diamond - house of god

14.12.2012 - 22:32
poison-evie
Http://youtu.be/wHBYly5gfzo Kamelot- "Love you to death"
14.12.2012 - 22:40
Fritillaria
Account deleted
Tristania- Cure Well although I am not sure if this song is counted as a loved song and also I am not into goth metal but old Tristania with Vibeke is an expectation.
14.12.2012 - 22:43
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
Sentenced - You Are The One

Quite a lovely ballad actually. <3
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
14.12.2012 - 22:57
Fritillaria
Account deleted
Laying Together by How Like A Winter : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDkKs5Tckho
16.12.2012 - 00:55
Torelli
Written by Guest on 06.12.2011 at 17:58

Written by Guest on 13.05.2011 at 22:10

You know that song (And the album itself) is about the comic book character Spawn, right?

The orginial meaning of a song doesnt nececerly determine how the song can be intepetred. to give a non-metal example: the song "Every Breath You Take" by the police deals with the obsessity and ugly aspects of love such as stalking and refusing to accept that a relationship has ended. And get so many people intepret it as a cute love song. some people hold on to that interpration of the song aswell, even if they know it is about stalking.

It could be the case with the song of Iced Earth aswell.
16.12.2012 - 01:51
Fritillaria
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 08.05.2011 at 21:57

I say that it depends on how you interpreted the song. could be... Dark Tranquility - Lethe

but Lethe by DT can not be a love song, I believe this song is about internal strugglings and conflicts,this is about a persona Who talks of the life he hates and need leave and forget it so he begs for Lethe blessings, anybody else has a comment on what I have interpreted from this song? Lethe is not only my fav by DT is also one of the best songs I've heard both musically and lyrical theme, and I am quite sure this song theme is ironical but not about love. what you think?
16.12.2012 - 04:39
john_mcc
The best Metal love songs that I have ever heard are all from Madder Mortem's album "Eight Ways". Check out The Little Things, Armour and Resolution from that album. They manage to be full of feeling and not at all cheesy.