Metal Storm logo
The Gates Of Slumber - New Album Details, New Song Online

The Wretch, the new album from US doom metal band The Gates Of Slumber, will be released on May 10th through Rise Above Records/Metal Blade.

One of the new songs on the album, called "Coven of Cain", has been made available for streaming exclusively at Decibel Magazine.

Recorded during the cold British winter of 2010 at London's Orgone Studios and produced by Jaime Gomez Arellano (Ghost, Angel Witch), The Wretch sees The Gates Of Slumber pushing its trademark blend of skull-crushing riffs and pounding rhythms to new heights and marks a return to the slower all-out doom tempos of the group's early albums combined with "true doom metal" lyrical themes.

Commented frontman and founding member Karl Simon: "This record is frustration and disappointment put to music. No heroics this time, no swords; no sorcery. No fantasy. That stuff is OK; it's fun... whatever, but we don't feel it these days. This one is all about others let you down almost as much as you let yourself down. It might not make sense to you, but then you probably only have the last two records as a digital download. That, or your world is summed up by someone else's soundbite."

The Wretch tracklist:

01. Bastards Born
02. The Scovrge Ov Drvnkenness
03. To The Rack With Them
04. Day of Farewell
05. Castle of the Devil
06. Coven of Cain
07. The Wretch
08. Iron and Fire

Source: decibelmagazine.com
Band profile: The Gates Of Slumber
Posted: 26.03.2011 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 4   Visited by: 35 users
26.03.2011 - 06:04
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Oh god, that's nasty. Can't wait for the Slumber.
----
The force will be with you, always.
26.03.2011 - 09:47
BudDa

I too can't wait for this..
----
Freeze! Step away from the hubris.
26.03.2011 - 20:24
Symmachus

Seems awesome and pretty downtrodden.
27.03.2011 - 12:31
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Can't wait for it. But will finally be seeing them for my first time (somehow Icould never make their gigs when they were over and when I did make last year's Roadburn to finally see them an Icelandic vulcano decided it was not to be) at this year's Roadburn in two and a half weeks time.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

Hits total: 3584 | This month: 6