Metal Storm logo
Agalloch - Entire Live Show Streaming Online

National Public Radio are streaming the soundboard recording of the entire concert of Agalloch performing live at the Le Poisson Rouge in New York City last Tuesday, March 22nd. You can close your eyes and pretend you were there too by clicking here.

Some video footage of "Into the Painted Grey" and "In the Shadow of Our Pale Companion" can also be found over here.

The live set of Worm Ouroboros, the opening act of the evening, can also be streamed in its entirety over at NPR.

Agalloch setlist:

Into the Painted Grey
Falling Snow
The Watcher's Monolith
Of Stone, Wind and Pillor
Limbs
Ghosts of the Midwinter Fires
Our Fortress is Burning... II: Bloodbirds
Dead Winter Days
In the Shadow of Our Pale Companion

Source: npr.org
Band profile: Agalloch
Event: Agalloch: East Coast Tour
Posted: 26.03.2011 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 11   Visited by: 220 users
26.03.2011 - 19:32
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Interesting. Maybe I'll listen to it.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
26.03.2011 - 19:42
natalz

Cool!!

check this out!
Http://youtu.be/pDrpOFVN1I0
If you are a fan of old school heavy metal this is a band for you check it out it´s the first release demo ( Buried Alive) from their up comming album.
There alsoe a homepage on the way www.afterlife.nu
Metal is the Law!!!
26.03.2011 - 21:36
DaftDormouse

Written by natalz on 26.03.2011 at 19:42

Cool!!

check this out!
Http://youtu.be/pDrpOFVN1I0
If you are a fan of old school heavy metal this is a band for you check it out it´s the first release demo ( Buried Alive) from their up comming album.
There alsoe a homepage on the way www.afterlife.nu
Metal is the Law!!!

stop.
26.03.2011 - 22:17
kaylamacgavin

Well this is awesome. I'm definately going to check it out when I get home from work
27.03.2011 - 12:46
TheWiseNoob

This is the exact setlist they played at Cleveland last night.

I cried the entire time. MELANCHOLY MIND-FUCK
27.03.2011 - 14:19
Glabrezu

Fantastic, the A/V quality is great, and even the quality of music
----
Exploring life
Without fear without feeling
I am one with my torment
And forever blind
27.03.2011 - 18:03
The Voyager
The Table
Written by TheWiseNoob on 27.03.2011 at 12:46

They almost brought me to tears as well, and I'm not even ashamed. Particularly during Limbs. They were so powerful.
28.03.2011 - 10:22
TheWiseNoob

Written by The Voyager on 27.03.2011 at 18:03

They almost brought me to tears as well, and I'm not even ashamed. Particularly during Limbs. They were so powerful.

Were you at the Cleveland show?

I was glad both Limbs and The Watcher's Monolith were played. I really like the connection between the two songs in terms of lyrics describing and referencing the textures of the abstract concepts of time and the soul. Hearing the vocals live, the good memories I have associated with the music, how much fuller Agalloch's sound is live, and the fact that the lyrics of their music are the most meaningful to my life that I have even heard just made me fucking loose it. It was exactly the experience I needed.

There can be shameful crying as certain expressions can be inappropriate at times, but this wasn't it for me and of course it wasn't for you as well. Also, Dead Sea's guitarist saying 'HEAVY FUCKING METAL' is perfectly memorialized in my mind. Oh, and that fucking face too.
28.03.2011 - 18:10
The Voyager
The Table
Written by TheWiseNoob on 28.03.2011 at 10:22

I was glad both Limbs and The Watcher's Monolith were played. I really like the connection between the two songs in terms of lyrics describing and referencing the textures of the abstract concepts of time and the soul. Hearing the vocals live, the good memories I have associated with the music, how much fuller Agalloch's sound is live, and the fact that the lyrics of their music are the most meaningful to my life that I have even heard just made me fucking loose it. It was exactly the experience I needed.

There can be shameful crying as certain expressions can be inappropriate at times, but this wasn't it for me and of course it wasn't for you as well. Also, Dead Sea's guitarist saying 'HEAVY FUCKING METAL' is perfectly memorialized in my mind. Oh, and that fucking face too.

No, I wasn't at the Cleveland show. I went to the show in New York City, as it was closer to me. It truly was the experience of a lifetime. The music was much more powerful live, and John's vocals felt a lot more painful to me, but in a good way. Notably at the end of Bloodbirds, he let out such a blood-curdling scream that it made my damn spine tingle. One of the greatest experiences I've ever had, and I agree with everything you said about the lyrics and concepts as well. It's really very hard to put into words the emotions that I felt. I really hope I get the chance to see them again.
29.03.2011 - 00:48
Crème fraiche

I was at the Cleveland show

It blew me away! It was definitely an experience.
29.03.2011 - 05:22
TheWiseNoob

Written by The Voyager on 28.03.2011 at 18:10

Written by TheWiseNoob on 28.03.2011 at 10:22

No, I wasn't at the Cleveland show. I went to the show in New York City, as it was closer to me. It truly was the experience of a lifetime. The music was much more powerful live, and John's vocals felt a lot more painful to me, but in a good way. Notably at the end of Bloodbirds, he let out such a blood-curdling scream that it made my damn spine tingle. One of the greatest experiences I've ever had, and I agree with everything you said about the lyrics and concepts as well. It's really very hard to put into words the emotions that I felt. I really hope I get the chance to see them again.

Written by Crème fraiche on 29.03.2011 at 00:48

I was at the Cleveland show

It blew me away! It was definitely an experience.

Hits total: 4842 | This month: 7