13. Wot We Do
14. I Take You
15. The Lie
16. Big Noize

Bottom 20 albums of all time: 11

Guest review by
Slayer666
Rating:
2011 is truly a fine year, that I will not deny. But then again, we've had quite a number of releases that reach such abysmal depths of quality that they somehow even manage to outshine and draw more attention to themselves than the stellar records much more deserving of attention. While Dedicated To Chaos doesn't exactly hit the absolute and complete rock-bottom like some 2011 albums we've been blessed with, calling it total shit mostly hits the mark.

Read more ››
published 07.11.2011 | Comments (5)

Guest review by
AndMetalForAll
Rating:
Dedicated To Chaos was a very expected album, at least, by me. After the so well acclaimed 2009 album, American Soldier, I was "jumping with excitement" knowing that they would release a new album in so short notice.

The newest release by one of the most influential bands in progressive rock history, was for me a complete disappointment after listening to the entire album. It came to me as a surprise seeing the band perform in such low profile. The only good track in this album is "Broken", that is definitely one of the most dramatic and sad songs in rock history. The track brings the best of the band, the voice of Geoff Tate is filled with so much feeling and emotion that it makes my eyes become filled with tears. The instrumental arrangement is not amazing but it's perfect for the song required and the voice expressed by Geoff. Unfortunately, the good vibes and great songs ended with the song mentioned above. This album is completely uninspired, looking like a band that should stop for a while with their activities, each member should try some side projects, something alternative so that when they returned, the band would make a triumphant comeback. It's sad to me that a band like Queensrÿche with so much history, with so many amazing releases such as Operation: Mindcrime or Empire, would dare to make an album that is so different from the rest of the things the band as ever made, but also so alternative and so bad as this album is. Maybe the band should have continued with the American Soldier album, if they wanted to do something so different, they should have continued with a very sentimental and sad style, like the "Broken" track or the 2009 album, that puts in the table the best of the band in a different context from the progressive style.

Read more ››
published 26.12.2011 | Comments (6)

Found in 6 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 56   Visited by: 1340 users
28.03.2011 - 23:24
JohnDoe
Account deleted
Good news, I'm looking forward to this!
29.03.2011 - 00:45
The Exorcist 10

Hope this be a killer album
and Queensrÿche visit Salonika,
never seen them and i really want to...
Come on!
----
There is no stronger drug than reality...
17.06.2011 - 15:50
CHEF METALHEAD
KEEP IT METAL
This album is so bad !! I'm very disappointed....
----
Chef Metal Head
18.06.2011 - 19:42
Rating: 3
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by CHEF METALHEAD on 17.06.2011 at 15:50

This album is so bad !! I'm very disappointed....

I'm not really disappointed, because to be disappointed, you need to be expecting something good to start with. Ive just finished listening to the album against my better judgement, and it is as I suspected it would be, terrible! There's maybe a couple of songs that aren't totally awful, and one decent song, out of the 16 tracks. And not a single song that comes anywhere near touching their classics. How Scott Rockenfeld could compare this to "Rage For Order" and Geoff comparing it to "Empire" is beyond me... both of those albums are on a different planet in terms of quality. Its probably not surprising that many outside songwriters were responsible for writing the material, and Michael Wilton didnt write a single thing on the album. It's a woeful album, at least the new Morbid Angel had a small amount of good stuff on it.. I'll be amazed if this one isnt my worst album of the year come December.

Im putting "Empire" on now, to remember how great Queensryche used to be.
20.06.2011 - 23:58
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Irritable Ted on 20.06.2011 at 22:08
Cleanse you ears. Follow it with some Mindcrime.

I think by the time "Anybody Listening?" had finished, my ears had just about been cleansed.... haha! Ive listened to some Mindcrime since then though.

Their fall from grace since the heights of those albums is just staggering... Most of the classic metal bands I love, even when they start putting out lesser quality material, there's usually still some good stuff there. It's amazing just how low Queensryche have sunk since Chris left. "Dedicated To Chaos" is really a terrible album, even worse than I expected, which is saying something. I definitely wont be letting that pollute my ears again in my lifetime. lol
21.06.2011 - 01:06
JohnDoe
Account deleted
It's a pretty bad album, I never thought they could go lower than Hear in the Now frontier or Q2K. Disappointing album.
How the mighty have fallen...
29.06.2011 - 10:35
Rating: 1
Deefer46

WTF have Queensryche done, this is utterly piss poor. They need to rethink things cos this album is by far their worst. Its shocking.
29.06.2011 - 14:40
Vengeance Time

Haven't heard it yet but 13 votes for an average of 4.8 doesn't sound promising...lol ,I live in hope but I
haven't heard anything decent here since their first 4 albums.What happened Mincrime was a classic !!!!
----
THE VENOM TEARS MY SPINE
30.06.2011 - 16:52
Rating: 2
strade

I literally expected nothing but this is still terrible.
----
My lo-fi synth project: http://luciddreamer.bandcamp.com
30.06.2011 - 17:59
deflektor

Terrible...,maybe it's time for retirement...
01.07.2011 - 16:19
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Listening right now to Wot We Do and it seriously sounds like a Robbie Williams song..
01.07.2011 - 23:12
BloodTears
ANA-thema
I never liked Queensrÿche, so I think I'll pass.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
02.07.2011 - 12:18
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Valentin B on 01.07.2011 at 16:19

Listening right now to Wot We Do and it seriously sounds like a Robbie Williams song..

Actually, I can think of 2 or 3 Robbie Wiliams songs that are better than anything on the latest Queensryche!
02.07.2011 - 13:14
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Angelic Storm on 02.07.2011 at 12:18

Written by Valentin B on 01.07.2011 at 16:19

Actually, I can think of 2 or 3 Robbie Wiliams songs that are better than anything on the latest Queensryche!

yeah, me too. if anything at least they don't fail at being catchy pop tunes, and i know some even have some good guitar work in them like Angels.

anyway, it's difficult to see how this band came from writing awesome songs with such great guitar and epic vocals like Breaking the Silence, Hand on Heart or Silent Lucidity (not even close to being their best either) to playing this atrocity. I knew people were whining about it, but still honestly thought it was some kind of youtube joke when i first heard it. definitely will not be checking this out, maybe only to get a good cheap laugh on how stupid it is, like with Sonic Syndicate's latest blasphemy.

one redeeming factor though: in their live shows nowadays, the only track they play from this album is the opener, the rest being mostly stuff from their 80s albums and Empire.
03.07.2011 - 23:42
Rating: 2
Fade To Black

Listened to it on youtube, made St.Anger look like a masterpiece.
04.07.2011 - 09:40
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Valentin B on 02.07.2011 at 13:14
yeah, me too. if anything at least they don't fail at being catchy pop tunes, and i know some even have some good guitar work in them like Angels.

anyway, it's difficult to see how this band came from writing awesome songs with such great guitar and epic vocals like Breaking the Silence, Hand on Heart or Silent Lucidity (not even close to being their best either) to playing this atrocity. I knew people were whining about it, but still honestly thought it was some kind of youtube joke when i first heard it. definitely will not be checking this out, maybe only to get a good cheap laugh on how stupid it is, like with Sonic Syndicate's latest blasphemy.

one redeeming factor though: in their live shows nowadays, the only track they play from this album is the opener, the rest being mostly stuff from their 80s albums and Empire.

Exactly! He has some great, and even dark pop tunes like "Me And My Monkey" and "No Regrets". And I also like "Old Before I Die".

It is difficult, listening to their classic works of the 80's/early 90's, and wondering how they went from that to this. Scott and Geoff had the audacity to compare the new album to "Empire" and "Rage For Order"... Id love to hear what they're hearing, because I certainly can't hear anything of those albums in this one! It is truly a terrible album, that makes the latest Morbid Angel seem like an album of the year contender.

Well, Im glad to hear that about their current live shows, because they are the support for Judas Priest at the gig here in a couple of weeks. So it's a relief that they wont be bombarding my ears with a lot of songs from the new album...

@Fade To Black: Id rather have the next 10 albums I listen to be "St. Anger", than have to listen to "Dedicated To Chaos" in full once more.
06.07.2011 - 14:26
hunged13

Wtf happened to queensryche???
22.07.2011 - 07:02
Mattybu

Based on listening to a couple songs, this is a terrible deserving album for the bottom 20 of all time. About as powerful and meaningful as a corn flake. I'd expect this album to get decent reviews on ElevatorMusicStorm.com
23.07.2011 - 17:32
deflektor

Where is the review???
28.07.2011 - 21:13
Rating: 6
godisdead

A perfect album............ Not Really.
08.08.2011 - 23:56
ErnilEnNaur
Account deleted
Yeah, this band is creatively bankrupt, no question. Queensryche are dead, I think it's time they stopped haunting us with new releases.
10.08.2011 - 21:12
dougver1

Is there a rating lower than one for this album?
10.08.2011 - 22:48
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by dougver1 on 10.08.2011 at 21:12

I have no idea, but the only other album I've rated as low as I've rated this one on MS is "In Torment In Hell" by Deicide. There might be certain other albums Id rate even lower, but they are probably albums I couldnt sit through.
12.08.2011 - 08:57
dougver1

Written by Angelic Storm on 10.08.2011 at 22:48

Written by dougver1 on 10.08.2011 at 21:12

I have no idea, but the only other album I've rated as low as I've rated this one on MS is "In Torment In Hell" by Deicide. There might be certain other albums Id rate even lower, but they are probably albums I couldnt sit through.

From what I've heard of 'In Torment in Hell', it just seemed like kinda boring death metal....... but this, this is just an atrocity. It makes St. Anger look tolerable, even good by comparison. Hell, it makes Ilud Divinium Insanus look decent by comparison!
16.08.2011 - 23:45
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by dougver1 on 12.08.2011 at 08:57
From what I've heard of 'In Torment in Hell', it just seemed like kinda boring death metal....... but this, this is just an atrocity. It makes St. Anger look tolerable, even good by comparison. Hell, it makes Ilud Divinium Insanus look decent by comparison!

"Boring" is exactly the word I'd use for that album! It's just so dull and monotonous, and there's not even a single stand out track on it... a very bad album by a usually very great band.

Yep, St. Anger seems like a classic compared to this album... lol As for the new Morbid Angel... well, at least that has about 3 songs on it that are really good, and Blades For Baahl is actually pretty awesome, so it's definitely a better album than the new Queensryche! This one will probably end up taking my worst album of the year award... *sighs*
13.10.2011 - 16:33
MechanisT
Account deleted
One of the worst albums I've ever heard.
29.12.2011 - 06:41
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Looks like a pile o' shit to me.

self note; AVAOID!
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
06.03.2012 - 04:25
alex t

Once they were great band in my opinion. This is no doubt their worst album ever. What happened to them?
15.06.2012 - 11:11
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
Looks like the band members have seen too many of "the pictures on Youu-tu-u-u-ube", and therefore decided to make this pile of elephant scrotum because of it. The only thing inspirational about this album is for inspiring me to throw up at the mere thought of Queensryche's name. This is truly horrendous, I'm not sure if i can look at their previous classics the same way again.
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
24.06.2012 - 00:39
Pankar95

A whole new level oof badness!!

Hits total: 25342 | This month: 32