Metal Storm logo
Converge

13.09.2006 - 08:32
Jesus_Puncher
Account deleted
i've only Talked to one other person on here that we're into these guys...so i'm curious to know who else here is a fan...anyways Converge is My Favorite Band...They Have to be one of The Most Unique and Creative Punk/Metal bands within the last 13 years...not to Mention Singer Jacob Bannon does all the Converge album art and runs Deathwish inc and does all the album art for the deathwish roster as well,so come here if you wanna shoot the shit about any your' favorite album/song...Jacob bannon's art,their upcoming album,..everything Converge Nukka!
13.09.2006 - 13:23
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
you fail me is one of my most listened to albums, as is jane doe. im not really a fan of their earlier material that ive heard though. i got 'petitioning the empty sky' and it was decent but didn't really appeal to me in a big way.

you fail me is a truely excellent album though. they have fast songs and slow songs with different styles but it all fits together well. it has a bit more depth than jane doe which was mainly just faster stuff and seemed less emotional.
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
13.09.2006 - 18:19
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
staff
Huge fan here (look at my fav bands list in my profile). Their earliest stuff is a little too crude for my tastes but by the time they released Petitioning The Empty Sky and Forever Comes Crashing, it was obvious that they are one of the most talented bands out there. Jane Doe is my favorite album, it just seems to me like every note on it is perfect. I love the direction they are evolving into so I'm definitely awaiting the new album with anticipation.
13.09.2006 - 23:23
Jesus_Puncher
Account deleted
ehh...keep listening to Caring and Killing...it will grow on you..trust me,jane Doe used to be my favorite album,but i listened to it too much...now i have to say it's a toss up between Forever comes Crashing ,Poacher diaries,or You Fail me.... "My Greatest Devastator" off the Poacher Diaries is Probably their Best Song ever...i'm surprised the new album hasnt leaked yet...i'm excited...supposed to be a mixture of Jane Doe and You Fail me
14.09.2006 - 14:14
DyNo!!
Account deleted
i've got only JANE DOE and i like it very much! but i never listen to other songs outside that album... are they very different from their old materials?
15.09.2006 - 03:15
Jesus_Puncher
Account deleted
older stuff is alot more gritty..check out their other albums and see for yourself
18.09.2006 - 05:49
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I liked the few songs I heard, but I don't have any of their albums yet.
18.09.2006 - 23:16
Jesus_Puncher
Account deleted
Written by Dangerboner on 18.09.2006 at 05:49

I liked the few songs I heard, but I don't have any of their albums yet.

what songs did you hear by them Pyro?
18.09.2006 - 23:26
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
If I remember correctly, they actually were the ones that you showed me

I don't remember the names though. They were probably from myspace or something.
19.09.2006 - 03:16
Jesus_Puncher
Account deleted
Written by Dangerboner on 18.09.2006 at 23:26

I don't remember the names though. They were probably from myspace or something.

alright...reason i asked is because...if i knew what songs you liked..i could suggest the albums they're from in case you plan on buying down the road...either way...buy "you fail me" first
19.09.2006 - 07:40
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by Guest on 19.09.2006 at 03:16

Written by Dangerboner on 18.09.2006 at 23:26

alright...reason i asked is because...if i knew what songs you liked..i could suggest the albums they're from in case you plan on buying down the road...either way...buy "you fail me" first

Cool man, I'll be sure to pick that one up if I see it.
20.09.2006 - 06:57
Jesus_Puncher
Account deleted
Written by -tom- on 13.09.2006 at 13:23

you fail me is one of my most listened to albums, as is jane doe. im not really a fan of their earlier material that ive heard though. i got 'petitioning the empty sky' and it was decent but didn't really appeal to me in a big way.

you fail me is a truely excellent album though. they have fast songs and slow songs with different styles but it all fits together well. it has a bit more depth than jane doe which was mainly just faster stuff and seemed less emotional.

i remember debating with you on You Fail me and Jane Doe....i actually can agree with you 100%...You Fail me snuck up on me...in all honestly,it kicks the shit out of Jane Doe...still ,Jane doe is badass though...Converge dont make bad albums
05.10.2006 - 18:29
Thryce
Retired Staff
elite
Converge - New Album Preview Posted Online :

You can preview Converge's upcoming new album "No Heroes" online here. The album will be released on October 24th through Epitaph.

(Website: http://www.convergecult.com)
----
Your favorite band sucks.
07.10.2006 - 08:22
Jesus_Puncher
Account deleted
i preordered the new one...and i got a burnt copy of it off soulseek...
12.10.2006 - 22:17
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
i just read a review of the new converge in terrorizer and can't wait for it. one problem though. the artwork. its so generic! this isn't some mediocre unoriginal hardcore band. its converge. yet the artwork is so unmagnificent.

ill sort out a preorder now.
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
15.10.2006 - 17:44
Jesus_Puncher
Account deleted
Written by -tom- on 12.10.2006 at 22:17

i just read a review of the new converge in terrorizer and can't wait for it. one problem though. the artwork. its so generic! this isn't some mediocre unoriginal hardcore band. its converge. yet the artwork is so unmagnificent.

ill sort out a preorder now.

really?..i actually like the new artwork...i think it's pretty creative...besides its not jacob bannon's fault a bunch of trendy fashioncore bands ripped off Converge's artwork...and btw the new album slays...there's a straight up doom song called "Grim Heart/ Black Rose"...so if you hate the artwork...you'll like the music noneoftheless
19.10.2006 - 04:56
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Jane Doe kicks some major ass. I'll probably be getting their discography soon...
21.10.2006 - 02:51
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I hate to post right after myself, but Petitioning the Empty Sky finally arrived in the mail today and I think I like it even more than Jane Doe. The riffs on that album are amazing. It's actually driving me crazy because the awesome guitar riff they use right before the guitar solo on the first track sounds exactly like something I've heard before and I'm trying to figure out which band copied them. It'll come to me eventually....
22.10.2006 - 00:28
Jesus_Puncher
Account deleted
dude...who cares if you post twice in a roll...dont worry about it....yeah Petitioning is a tight album...especially the song "color me blood red"...you should get the new album when it comes out this tuesday...it definatly brings the mosh
22.10.2006 - 03:09
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
yeah, I'll get it. I listened to the songs that Thryce provided and they seem pretty angry. I also like the cover art. The style reminds me of the Jane Doe cover.
25.10.2006 - 05:17
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Well, today I went to the cd store that I always go to and they didn't have the new Converge album. Apparantely, they ordered a bunch of copies, but the fucking truck delivered it to the wrong store. I'll go back in a couple of days and buy it for sure.
28.10.2006 - 15:32
Thryce
Retired Staff
elite
Written by Dangerboner on 25.10.2006 at 05:17

Well, today I went to the cd store that I always go to and they didn't have the new Converge album. Apparantely, they ordered a bunch of copies, but the fucking truck delivered it to the wrong store. I'll go back in a couple of days and buy it for sure.

Maybe this will cheer you up in anticipation of buying the new album

Converge - New Album Streaming In Its Entirety:

You can check out Converge's new album, "No Heroes", in its entirety online over at their official MySpace page http://www.myspace.com/converge.
----
29.10.2006 - 01:34
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
haha, thanks. I listened to it yesterday and enjoyed it quite a bit. I"m buying it on Monday.
29.10.2006 - 20:45
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
I saw them live and they are probably the worst band I've ever seen or heard. I'm not saying I hate them or anything, but I don't like their music. I am usually a fan of unorthodox music like Strapping Young Lad and Cephalic Carnage but Converge is just pretty terrible. However, I can see how they appeal to people. I am listening to their new album and it's Converge alright. Anyway, just an opinion, and it could change. I do enjoy the song "Grim Heart/Black Rose," mostly for the use of clean vocals.

They do have a great message within their new album. From their official website:

"These days, cowards outnumber the heroes, and the begging souls outweigh the calloused hands of the hardest of workers. Both in life and in art, the lack of passion is sickening, and the lust for complacency is poisonous. This album is the artistic antithesis of that sinking world; a thorn in the side of their beast. It's for those who move mountains one day at a time. It's for those who truly understand sacrifice. In our world of enemies, we will walk alone..."
----
The force will be with you, always.
29.10.2006 - 22:14
Jesus_Puncher
Account deleted
Written by Clintagräm on 29.10.2006 at 20:45

I saw them live and they are probably the worst band I've ever seen or heard. I'm not saying I hate them or anything, but I don't like their music. I am usually a fan of unorthodox music like Strapping Young Lad and Cephalic Carnage but Converge is just pretty terrible. However, I can see how they appeal to people. I am listening to their new album and it's Converge alright. Anyway, just an opinion, and it could change. I do enjoy the song "Grim Heart/Black Rose," mostly for the use of clean vocals.

They do have a great message within their new album. From their official website:

"These days, cowards outnumber the heroes, and the begging souls outweigh the calloused hands of the hardest of workers. Both in life and in art, the lack of passion is sickening, and the lust for complacency is poisonous. This album is the artistic antithesis of that sinking world; a thorn in the side of their beast. It's for those who move mountains one day at a time. It's for those who truly understand sacrifice. In our world of enemies, we will walk alone..."

atleast you admit their uniqueness, Definately an aquired Taste...Converge even states themselves that their music is'nt easy to swallow...but you listen to them on the right day,they'll grow on you like a fungus
05.11.2006 - 11:50
Apophallation
Account deleted
I like the sound of this band, but i get really bored whenever i listen to more than 2 songs, it all sounds pretty straight forward, alot of variarity, but on a technical way i guess, no real fun in listening...
06.11.2006 - 02:24
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by Guest on 05.11.2006 at 11:50

I like the sound of this band, but i get really bored whenever i listen to more than 2 songs, it all sounds pretty straight forward, alot of variarity, but on a technical way i guess, no real fun in listening...

Isn't technical variety a good thing?
06.11.2006 - 08:17
Apophallation
Account deleted
Yea it is, but it doesn't have to be 'fun' to listen to
20.11.2006 - 17:11
rebelos
Account deleted
i only own Jane Doe and it is a really great album... don't listen it too much thought...
but when i am pissed off or something i got to say that it is the best thing to listen too
07.12.2006 - 23:52
Thryce
Retired Staff
elite
Converge - "No Heroes" Video Posted Online:

You can check out Converge's new video for the track "No Heroes" online here.
----