Metal Storm logo
Angelic Power Force Redemption - Everyday Is A Bad Hair Day For Satan Because We're Here! review

Reviewer:

10 users:
Band: Angelic Power Force Redemption
Album: Everyday Is A Bad Hair Day For Satan Because We're Here!
Release date: March 2011

Disc I
01. Genesis
02. Begats
03. There Is No Fear In Love But Perfect Love Drives Out Fear Because Fear Has To Do With Punishment
04. Away In A Manger We Kicked The Devil's Butt
Disc II
#

Here are we again. I had to do this in response to the useless, inobjective review our resident panderer gave this band, Angelic Power Force Redemption, which is another example in the long line of crappy bands that get a ridiculous amount of praise from the diaper-wearing idiot reviewers of this hypocrite site who think they're all so goddamn Gallant in giving out huge scores to rubbish modern bands.

They think they're so grim, just because they sing about Hare Krishnas. Like anyone will ever go as far as Vemon did in the 80's lyrically with their serious and thought provoking music? Doubtful, and I haven't seen anyone do it yet. Truly avant-garde means pushing the boundaries of old-school bands that don't ever change their sound. Modern bands don't seem to be able to understand this simple concept. The only redeeming quality of this band is that I get to bash it in this review.

And why do they need 700 hundred members to make this music? I remember back in the day when it only took three and a half members to be in a band: one to do the growling, one to do the singing, two to play guitars, one to drum and another to wander around the stage painting corpse paint on all the hot over 40-something women whilst playing the cowbell. That was true metal, not this drivel. It's nothing more than a carbon copy of Deathspell Omega or Sonic Syndicate + (insert any band using guitars or drums or humans): droning guitars that drone on dronelessly. Drone: it's what all the teenagers want these days with their tank tops and their Playstation 360's and their MiniDisc players.

This CD was a monotonous journey into boredom which would eventually spawn menstrual cramps. The only thing I can fathom about the complete blind-devotion of the fans is that they don't know any better, or because they haven't listened to me. Angelic Power Force Redemption left this listener wanting a hell of a lot less musically and lot more of the exact same thing that the bands I really like did years ago. Giving this offering anything over a 3 is being egregious.

I actually really enjoy bands like Blut Aus Nord, Kittie, Merzbow, Wintersun and A Dream Of Poe because they all know how to make music without being pretentious. Not this band with their poly-bi-carbonate rhythms, triplet subdivisions that contrast with duple subdivisions and progressing anti-choruses. Not to mention the chord harmonics that clash with quasi glissandos! I mean come on guys, what on Earth were you thinking?!

I don't hate Angelic Power Force Redemption, I only hate young people and people that don't share my opinions, I just think their music is severely lacking on just about every front. At least it's not The Black Eyed Peas and the guitars are distorted. Of course, you obviously won't listen to one fucking word I wrote, which is typical. All you fanboys and girls are quite clearly enslaved to this kind of music.

Rating breakdown
Performance: 3
Songwriting: 2
Originality: 2
Production: 3

Written by !J.O.O.E.! | 01.04.2011

Staff review by
Dane Train
Rating:
Put away any thoughts you had about Christian Metal and get ready to have the Hell beaten out of you...literally!

Hailing from the Megachurch, Tribuo Nos Vestri Viaticus, comes Angelic Power Force Redemption. A 247 member (a use the term member and not person as you will see later why) financially backed by their congregation of 140,000 who play some of the most amazing music ever recorded. Not wanting ignore or ostracize any genre of Metal, APFR play what could be best described as Epic Progressive Symphonic Thrash. A feat I can assure is not easy to accomplish.

Read more ››
published 01.04.2011 | Comments (37)

Comments

Comments: 18   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 382 users
01.04.2011 - 22:44
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Why only 3 for production?

I thought Genesis was a very polished rendition of the start of the world.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
01.04.2011 - 22:51
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by BloodTears on 01.04.2011 at 22:44

Why only 3 for production?

I thought Genesis was a very polished rendition of the start of the world.

Much like the beginnings of the world it was very noisy and messy with lots of crap going on.
01.04.2011 - 23:41
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 01.04.2011 at 23:37

A review from the paradise.

+1
01.04.2011 - 23:47
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Quote:
All you fanboys and girls are quite clearly enslaved to this kind of music.

I see what you did there... and I like it.

and Daaaaaaaaaaaaang... I know it's a joke but seeing Kittie and wintersun besides names as Blut Aus Nord and Merzbow is just plain fucking disturbing.
----
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
02.04.2011 - 05:47
Void_Eater
Account deleted
Please, it's not that bad. Overrated sure, but it's hardly the pile of bear shit you make it out to be. I quite liked it, it's far more creative then you give it credit for. Perhaps the begining of post neo progressive blackened power thrash metal? Only time will tell.
02.04.2011 - 13:59
Cyroth

You don't know shit man...I've been a fan of this band since the church days (they played in church not in a garage like all the wannabe cool kids).
----
03.04.2011 - 16:30
MechanisT
Account deleted
Grrrrrrrrrr...now I'm really angry! Badmouthin' my favourite album, will ya? No tifftaffing way! Fall, villain! Be smithen by the Builder! BY THE BUILDER!!!
05.04.2011 - 15:37
Slayer666

Written by Irritable Ted on 03.04.2011 at 10:36

Its like RavenKing wrote this review.

Or ponderer...
See what I did there?
26.03.2013 - 23:14
mz

Haha got a link to this review from AOE review page. Excellent
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
24.09.2013 - 17:43
angel.
Evil Butterfly
I'm gonna watch them live :
----
The Fangirl.
22.05.2014 - 04:48
Jaeryd
Nihil's Maw
Passion. That's what this review is all about. Pure, unadulterated passion. Forget that !J.O.O.E.! displays a musical knowledge and know-how that is rivaled by few. Forget that he's one of the greatest reviewers to ever grace the forums of Metalstorm. Forget that he has a uniquely ingenious mind with an all-encompassing grasp of the English language. Forget that he uses this language as masterfully as a professional fencing duelist wields his blade. Forget that every single word he writes is like liquid gold oozing out of a honey-covered-warthog's anus. Forget that every single letter, space, and punctuation mark of this review will make you stand in awe of what you're reading like an epileptic retard drooling and twitching himself to death at the sight of Pokemon's banned Porygon episode. Why should you forget all that? Because none of it matters.

What matters is that !J.O.O.E.!'s review here connects with the reader on a level that no other reviewer has ever obtained. Just what that level is can't be defined. It can only be felt. And the only way to feel it is to read. And I do mean READ. You shouldn't do so much as twiddle your thumbs or blink during your reading of this, or any of his other reviews. You would only be hurting yourself. His only rivals in this department would be the immortal classical authors and poets, such as Charles Dickens, T.S. Elliot, Homer, and Shakespeare. But !J.O.O.E.! still beats them out; like a vicious meth-addled twenty-dollar hooker beats it out of a repressed middle-aged business man.

I can't tell you how difficult it is for me to even attempt to describe how eye-implodingly spectacular his writing is. By doing so, I'm implying that this review, and indeed all of !J.O.O.E.!'s works, can be somehow compared with any other review by any other reviewer (or any writing by any author, for that matter). That is simply not true. I have given masturbatingly gratuitous praise to reviewers that don't even register on the scale when compared to !J.O.O.E.!. The very fact that I'm pretending to have a smidgen of worthiness to even discuss !J.O.O.E.!'s reviews is an intolerable blasphemy. No amount of words in this, or any other language, can begin to describe the mosaic of emotion on this, or any of his reviews. Unless, of course, you're a God of gods like !J.O.O.E.! himself, in which case you could probably describe it perfectly because you're a fucking super-entity of near infinite proportions (he probably also has the most massive penis on the planet). !J.O.O.E.!'s creations transcend not only language, writing, and poetry, but art itself. I believe, with all my heart, that his words can even create life, as I've seen a lady spontaneously become pregnant at this mere sight of one of his reviews.

His is truly, without a doubt, the very language of the soul.
----
06.06.2014 - 19:43
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Jaeryd on 22.05.2014 at 04:48

Passion. That's what this review is all about. Pure, unadulterated passion. Forget that !J.O.O.E.! displays a musical knowledge and know-how that is rivaled by few. Forget that he's one of the greatest reviewers to ever grace the forums of Metalstorm. Forget that he has a uniquely ingenious mind with an all-encompassing grasp of the English language. Forget that he uses this language as masterfully as a professional fencing duelist wields his blade. Forget that every single word he writes is like liquid gold oozing out of a honey-covered-warthog's anus. Forget that every single letter, space, and punctuation mark of this review will make you stand in awe of what you're reading like an epileptic retard drooling and twitching himself to death at the sight of Pokemon's banned Porygon episode. Why should you forget all that? Because none of it matters.

What matters is that !J.O.O.E.!'s review here connects with the reader on a level that no other reviewer has ever obtained. Just what that level is can't be defined. It can only be felt. And the only way to feel it is to read. And I do mean READ. You shouldn't do so much as twiddle your thumbs or blink during your reading of this, or any of his other reviews. You would only be hurting yourself. His only rivals in this department would be the immortal classical authors and poets, such as Charles Dickens, T.S. Elliot, Homer, and Shakespeare. But !J.O.O.E.! still beats them out; like a vicious meth-addled twenty-dollar hooker beats it out of a repressed middle-aged business man.

I can't tell you how difficult it is for me to even attempt to describe how eye-implodingly spectacular his writing is. By doing so, I'm implying that this review, and indeed all of !J.O.O.E.!'s works, can be somehow compared with any other review by any other reviewer (or any writing by any author, for that matter). That is simply not true. I have given masturbatingly gratuitous praise to reviewers that don't even register on the scale when compared to !J.O.O.E.!. The very fact that I'm pretending to have a smidgen of worthiness to even discuss !J.O.O.E.!'s reviews is an intolerable blasphemy. No amount of words in this, or any other language, can begin to describe the mosaic of emotion on this, or any of his reviews. Unless, of course, you're a God of gods like !J.O.O.E.! himself, in which case you could probably describe it perfectly because you're a fucking super-entity of near infinite proportions (he probably also has the most massive penis on the planet). !J.O.O.E.!'s creations transcend not only language, writing, and poetry, but art itself. I believe, with all my heart, that his words can even create life, as I've seen a lady spontaneously become pregnant at this mere sight of one of his reviews.

His is truly, without a doubt, the very language of the soul.

Lol. Can't tell if you were taking the piss or not but I appreciate the effort anyway
06.06.2014 - 23:15
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by deadone on 26.05.2014 at 05:13

Hear, hear!

We need a blow job emoticon.

Not really. It's a by-now classic MS joke. He's just making a reference to this awful review which turned out to be a sort of meme for the website.
----
Rod, let me love you.
06.06.2014 - 23:49
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by X-Ray Rod on 06.06.2014 at 23:15

Not really. It's a by-now classic MS joke. He's just making a reference to this awful review which turned out to be a sort of meme for the website.

Actually it's a parody of this =P

http://metalstorm.net/pub/review.php?review_id=8685
07.06.2014 - 00:00
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Guest on 06.06.2014 at 23:49

Written by X-Ray Rod on 06.06.2014 at 23:15

Actually it's a parody of this =P

http://metalstorm.net/pub/review.php?review_id=8685

Dude, I'm talking about the comment some dude just posted above us.
----
Rod, let me love you.
07.06.2014 - 00:01
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by X-Ray Rod on 07.06.2014 at 00:00

Dude, I'm talking about the comment some dude just posted above us.

I have an extremely short memory...

Although looking at it I don't think deadone got either of the original jokes. I think a double of this may be in order.

08.06.2014 - 02:17
Jaeryd
Nihil's Maw
Written by Guest on 06.06.2014 at 19:43

Lol. Can't tell if you were taking the piss or not but I appreciate the effort anyway

Just figured that one good turn deserved another. I found your review very amusing, so I answered your bit of satire with yet another bit of satire.

In other words, I thought it would be interesting to review your review that made fun of a review by writing a review that made fun of a review.

----
08.06.2014 - 17:25
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Jaeryd on 08.06.2014 at 02:17

Just figured that one good turn deserved another. I found your review very amusing, so I answered your bit of satire with yet another bit of satire.

In other words, I thought it would be interesting to review your review that made fun of a review by writing a review that made fun of a review.

Awesome, I approve of the Inception-level this thread has reached

Hits total: 6097 | This month: 9