Metal Storm logo
Royksopp

15.09.2006 - 10:14
Eight
Shapeshifter
Royksopp are best of elecronic music thats for sure (exept for Moby), http://www.royksopp.com/videos/index.html this is the best one.
Many of you probably heard thir songs or saw clips, so whats your opinion bout this band or music in total
----
Book: "I am a Shepherd. Folks like a man of God."

Mal: "No, they don't. Men of God make everyone feel guilty and judged."
17.09.2006 - 14:13
Misantrophil
Account deleted
Really great electronic band.The best album is Melody A.M but new album understanding is also good
17.09.2006 - 16:05
Thryce
Retired Staff
elite
Röyksopp IS absolutely the best electronic band ever! Both "Medoly AM" and "The Understanding" are amazing albums!
"Medoly AM" is a classic for sure, and I am sure everybody knows songs like 'Eple', 'Poor Leno' and 'Remind Me'. Also 'A Higher Place' and 'Sparks' are among the best osngs on the album.
I also like "The Understanding" very much, it's maybe not as good and "new" as "Melody AM", but then again, exceeding that prestation was a hard thing to do. Still "The Understanding" is also very very nice. My favo songs from the album are 'Alpha Male' (what a song!!), 'What Else Is There' and 'Only This Moment'.

I hope to catch them live someday (because I've heard they are very promising!!)

Anyone heard Röyksopp's Trembling Heart Remix of Coldplay's Clocks ? I don't like Coldplay at all, but this is a very nice remix. Listen to the song here
----
Your favorite band sucks.
19.09.2006 - 09:38
Eight
Shapeshifter
Written by Thryce on 17.09.2006 at 16:05

Anyone heard Röyksopp's Trembling Heart Remix of Coldplay's Clocks ? I don't like Coldplay at all, but this is a very nice remix. Listen to the song here

Defenetly better than original, and thanks for the link
----

20.09.2006 - 21:11
Thryce
Retired Staff
elite
Written by Eight on 19.09.2006 at 09:38

Talking about good Coldplay Remixes (and going off topic), did you ever hear the Jacques Lu Cont Remix of Coldplay's 'Talk' ?? I consider 'Talk' as the only good Coldplay song actually, but this remix is very nice too. The remixed song can be found here.

And since we're busy posting links, check out the YouTube offer of Royksopp video's : http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=royksopp&search=Search.
There are clips for 'Eple', 'Poor Leno', '49 Procent', 'Beautiful Day Without You', 'Sparks', 'Only This Moment' and 'Remind Me' and some short live video's. Enjoy!
----
Your favorite band sucks.
25.10.2006 - 16:26
Eight
Shapeshifter
Written by Thryce on 20.09.2006 at 21:11

Written by Eight on 19.09.2006 at 09:38

Talking about good Coldplay Remixes (and going off topic), did you ever hear the Jacques Lu Cont Remix of Coldplay's 'Talk' ?? I consider 'Talk' as the only good Coldplay song actually, but this remix is very nice too. The remixed song can be found here.

And since we're busy posting links, check out the YouTube offer of Royksopp video's : http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=royksopp&search=Search.
There are clips for 'Eple', 'Poor Leno', '49 Procent', 'Beautiful Day Without You', 'Sparks', 'Only This Moment' and 'Remind Me' and some short live video's. Enjoy!

Thanks a bunch, i love how the 'Eple' is made it's sure hard to do that.
----

01.11.2006 - 06:39
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
I am a fan of Röyksopp. I haven't yet heard a lot of their material, but what I have come across is mighty fine. I would sure like to find 'Melody A.M.' in a store one day.
----
The force will be with you, always.
04.11.2006 - 14:37
Kurzag
Account deleted
Good band. Actually one of the best from Norway. The video for the song "What Else is There" is one of the best ever made IMO. The song aint bad either.
10.07.2007 - 23:59
Cassandra
Account deleted
not so bad, anyone see that geico commercial (ugh)
18.07.2007 - 15:02
Lucas
Mr. Noise
elite
Have known them or a while, though I needed this thread to remind me of them again.

And -don't kill me for this- does anyone agree with me that the vocals are somewhat reminiscent to Avril Lavigne? Yes, at times they really remind me of her. (popped into mind when listening to the song: What Else Is There?)
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
18.07.2007 - 18:03
The Optimist
Account deleted
Royksopp are lovely but dont forget Air and Cassius. French electronic for the fucking win.
19.07.2007 - 18:40
Falco
Account deleted
I bought Melody AM the same day I bought St. Anger. Woohoo. Royksopp are good, but I feel that there are quite a few bands in that sort of area that are better. For example, I find The Knife to be a lot better than them (The Knife singer Karin Dreijer sang on "What Else Is There?" on Royksopp's 2nd album). LCD Soundsystem are also quite damn amazing also...
Stretching a bit, Aphex Twin also owns Royksopp. But yeah, Royksopp are cool, they're a bit like Air in their jazzy sort of approach.
23.07.2007 - 13:39
Vakshay
Account deleted
Written by Lucas on 18.07.2007 at 15:02

Have known them or a while, though I needed this thread to remind me of them again.

And -don't kill me for this- does anyone agree with me that the vocals are somewhat reminiscent to Avril Lavigne? Yes, at times they really remind me of her. (popped into mind when listening to the song: What Else Is There?)

I know what you're saying here. Either way songs like 'Rainbow Styling' are pretty catchy...
24.07.2007 - 22:52
Lucas
Mr. Noise
elite
@The Optimist: Air is really good as well. Don't know Cassius (yet).
----

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
01.08.2007 - 08:38
Eight
Shapeshifter
Strange... Avy doesn't pop into my mind while listening to that song, tho i'd like that happening.
----

01.08.2007 - 20:39
Lucas
Mr. Noise
elite
Written by Eight on 01.08.2007 at 08:38

Strange... Avy doesn't pop into my mind while listening to that song, tho i'd like that happening.

Why would you want that?
----

06.08.2007 - 00:01
Eight
Shapeshifter
Cause i like her face and fangs
----

13.12.2007 - 21:14
Øyvind
Grave Digger
Great band, the music has some kind of atmosphere that is hard to describe, like their hometown Tromso, dark, in sense of no daylight, but still so warm and melodic... A Beautiful Day Without You is my favourite song, video is interesting, but also So Easy, What Else Is There, Eple,...
----