Metal Storm logo
Communic - New Album Details

Official press release

The Norwegian metallers from Communic are back with their new album The Bottom Deep which is simply breath-taking! The music of the exceptional band from Norway includes many elements from various metal genres. Their grasp for variety of power, melody, and intelligent lyrics with a highly progressive musical approach made Communic one of the best newcomers for years! If you like progressiv metal, there is no way without Communic!

Now, the band announced the tracklist and the artwork of the upcoming album:

01. Facing Tomorrow
02. Denial
03. Flood River Blood
04. Voyage Of Discovery
05. In Silence With My Scars
06. My Fallen
07. Destroyer Of Bloodlines
08. Wayward Soul
09. The Bottom Deep
10. Bonus Track: In Union We Stand

Guitarist and band mastermind Oddleif Stensland commented the new stuff: "Writing and recording this album has been an amazing - but strange experience. This time we took control over the production ourself, resulting in a more honest and organic sounding album. Never before have I put so much of my own personal influence and privacy into the lyrics and songs as this time. Right now I have a mixed feeling of fear and total excitement as we release the artwork and track listing for this new album. Now there is no return. To open myself this way, exposing my deepest and inner thoughts, in a way I have never done before. Its kinda strange, as it feels like these words and songs came from a part of me that I didn't know about. This is The Bottom Deep. This is the album that I never in my life thought I had to write - but now I know, this will be a totem in my life - forever!"

Dan Swanö did the mastering on this album, he said: "It was pure pleasure to work with these guys. The mix was excellent to start with, so I finally had the opportunity to work with gentle strokes rather than the big roller that I sometimes have to use to shape-up not-so-good mixes. Musically I enjoyed it very much. It's not easy to label their music (which is good). If I had to mention something, I get that amazing "epic" vibe of Queensrÿche 84-88. They definitely add something to the family of progressive metal"

Eliran Kantor made the artwork for the album: "The first draft of the lyrics from Oddleif made it clear that this is going to be a very personal, dark and vulnerable record - and I wanted the cover to reflect that. The vulture, nature's version of the grim reaper, caresses the dying man, casting a shadow reveling its true intentions and reason for this last visit. I put alot of myself into this artwork, and I think it turned out great"

The Bottom Deep will be released on July 22, 2011!

[Also thanks to EliranKantor for the news!]

Source: communic.org
Band profile: Communic
Posted: 16.04.2011 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 9   Visited by: 115 users
16.04.2011 - 11:13
corrupt
With a lowercase c
Don't fuck up again!
----
16.04.2011 - 11:33
Felezion

Highly anticipating this one!
16.04.2011 - 11:47
R'Vannith
ghedengi
Great news! I'm really liking that album cover as well.
16.04.2011 - 15:37
Antidote

Yeah!
16.04.2011 - 16:36
Dark Blood
The Avenger
Holy jesus... that cover looks so good. This update made my day. Really looks like a personal album for Stensland, let's see how this one will come out. They haven't disappointed me so far, so I'm eagerly waiting for its release.
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
16.04.2011 - 16:38
nb

Should be interesting!
16.04.2011 - 19:07
MetalSpider

I'm hoping this is better than the last one! Their last one was good, but nothing like Waves of Visual Decay.
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
16.04.2011 - 20:20
Angelic Storm
Melodious
"Waves Of Visual Decay" is one of my fave prog metal albums of all time, but I have a hunch this one might even be better. And that artwork is absolutely amazing! Dan Swano saying the album has vibes of "84-88" era Queensryche really sends my expectations sky high. Cant wait to give this one a listen.
16.04.2011 - 23:50
thehondo

Love everything prog comin out of Norway. Aspera(Above Symmetry), Illusion Suite, Circus Maximus, Pagan's Mind and these guys!
----
No time like the present

Hits total: 5341 | This month: 6