Metal Storm logo
Skinless - Going On Indefinite Hiatus

After being almost 20 years around, US gore metal band Skinless have announced their demise.

Founding guitarist Noah Carpenter issued the following lengthy statement: "We know that many of our fans are restless and wondering what is happening with Skinless, and for the last few years we haven't even known either. I'm not going to go into a deep, detailed description of what has transpired since the Trample album, but we were plagued with line)up issues once again. The frustration of 1 step forward and 2 steps back forced me to just put the band on hiatus and try to recharge the batteries for a while.

In June 2010 we reunited the old line-up (from the first 2 cds) for a show in New York, and I had anticipated that we'd end up writing a new album in that formation. When the time came for serious discussions about moving forward with the album a couple of the guys told me they didn't have the 'fire' and/or time to dedicate to the project. For several months afterwards I continued to work on new material and jammed with potential new band members. But, much like the other guys, I concluded that I didn't have the 'fire' either, and my inspiration was more directed towards my other band Armor Column.

This certainly isn't an easy thing for me to do, as I have dedicated my entire adult life thus far to Skinless. We all have shifting priorities throughout life, and we feel that Skinless has run its course. To continue at this point would be forced and uninspired. Skinless has always been about energy and intensity, and doing anything half-heartedly wouldn't be true to what the band stands for.

Members of Skinless will continue on in the music world. Joe plays in the killer band Streetsweeper and Sherwood works as a production manager in Colorado. Bob Beaulac has a new band ready to destroy Albany, NY very soon. I hope that many of you will check out my other band Armor Column. It's not brutal death but those into thrash and heavy powermetal can rock out. Some say it's a mixture of Helstar and Exodus. Brand new album Maximum Collateral Damage has just been released.

Skinless would like to thank everyone who has ever helped us in any way, from the initial fans in New York that helped springboard us to international recognition, to all the fans around the world, and of course the labels, promoters, booking agents, zines, bands etc. We've had the great honor to share the stage with many metal greats, to see much of the world, and have made tons of friends along the way."

Source: myspace.com
Band profile: Skinless
Posted: 18.04.2011 by Kriegsphilosoph

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 16   Visited by: 67 users
19.04.2011 - 00:13
DoomGuard

What?!?!!? I was wondering what was going on but...damn...

These guys don't have one boring song, they're all good...First band I ever saw live too! This sucks I wanted to see them again
19.04.2011 - 04:50
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Shitty news, but I guess it was expected with the prolonged silence and all. Good on them for moving on and continuing with their other projects.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
19.04.2011 - 04:51
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
It sucks, but the only album by them that I like is their newest, so it's no big deal.
19.04.2011 - 08:05
Void_Eater
Account deleted
Aww, Skinless is one of the best brual deah metal bands. Imo, only beaten by the classics like Suffocation and Cryptopsy.
19.04.2011 - 13:16
JD
Account deleted
Shit can happends bad bad news!
19.04.2011 - 13:23
Imraghil

Sad
19.04.2011 - 18:32
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Another goregrind band gone DAMN YOU REBECCA BLACK!!!
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
20.04.2011 - 02:11
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Boxcar Willy on 19.04.2011 at 18:32

what?
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
24.04.2011 - 03:45
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
I honestly dont know...
----
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
24.04.2011 - 05:49
Void_Eater
Account deleted

For some odd reason I laughed at this... And these guys aren't goregrind at all. They're brutal death, and they're lyrics are about wahr.
24.04.2011 - 23:48
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Guest on 24.04.2011 at 05:49

For some odd reason I laughed at this...

that means my job is done
----
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
25.04.2011 - 02:40
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt

Goregrind???
26.04.2011 - 01:08
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
^ mistake sorry it's BDM
----
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
21.05.2011 - 22:08
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Well as they say " Life sucks... And the you die "
----
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
07.07.2011 - 13:41
JD
Account deleted
Written by Boxcar Willy on 26.04.2011 at 01:08

^ mistake sorry it's BDM

Did you read your comments? you were drunk or something?
28.07.2011 - 19:24
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
I hadn't even heard of the band before, Skinless sounds like a goregrind band name ( i have heard of them now and i love them! )
----
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS

Hits total: 3869 | This month: 3