Found in 5 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 16   Visited by: 150 users
20.04.2011 - 16:26
Rating: 8
R'Vannith
ghedengi
Eagerly awaiting this one, though I doubt they can top their previous effort.
28.08.2011 - 05:22
jhook

Ive been pretty exited about this but its almost september and theres no album title or specific release date?
21.11.2011 - 20:47
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
They are releasing their new album without label support and seeking fan help.

Here is the link. http://www.metalunderground.com/news/details.cfm?newsid=74147
01.01.2012 - 20:00
nb

Where is this CD or mp3 download available?
01.01.2012 - 20:22
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by nb on 01.01.2012 at 20:00

I just pushed the release date back. According to their Facebook page:

"Gregg and Gabe spent over eight hours adding auxiliary percussion and editing drums for some of the tracks. There are at least another eight more to go. After logging hundreds of hours on this record, we're so glad it's almost done."
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
03.01.2012 - 08:07
nb

Written by Troy Killjoy on 01.01.2012 at 20:22

Written by nb on 01.01.2012 at 20:00

I just pushed the release date back. According to their Facebook page:

"Gregg and Gabe spent over eight hours adding auxiliary percussion and editing drums for some of the tracks. There are at least another eight more to go. After logging hundreds of hours on this record, we're so glad it's almost done."

Thanks Troy, I did not find their webpage, but did not check on FB. I will have to "like" them to stay up to date.
08.04.2012 - 14:10
DrM
DreaMutilated
I'm rather disappointed, I think I've expected too much following up on their superb When Time Fades.

Edit: Third spin, there are definitely some very good hooks in here, this one is a definite grower.
12.04.2012 - 11:22
R'Vannith
ghedengi
Written by DrM on 08.04.2012 at 14:10

I'm rather disappointed, I think I've expected too much following up on their superb When Time Fades.

Edit: Third spin, there are definitely some very good hooks in here, this one is a definite grower.

I hope you're right, second listen so far and still nothing... good hooks yes but it feels like its missing something.
12.04.2012 - 11:43
DrM
DreaMutilated
Written by R'Vannith on 12.04.2012 at 11:22

Written by DrM on 08.04.2012 at 14:10

I hope you're right, second listen so far and still nothing... good hooks yes but it feels like its missing something.

I know, right? It's like they tried to inject a bit more djent into their style, in some places it works and in some it just sounds a bit odd. I'm still not sure whether I like it or not.
12.04.2012 - 20:23
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
Listening to it now for the first time, at the 3rd song currently. Definitely, so far, does not have the knock-out blow that "When Time Fades" had. It actually reminds me a lot more of "A Great Divide", mostly because of its less explosive nature and the types of melodies they use. I hear what you're saying with the the whole Djent vibe...really doesnt suit their style. Leave it Meshuggah and Vildhjarta.

Not giving up though, these 3 songs are already better than most of the shit Ive heard come out this year.
12.04.2012 - 23:16
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
Turns out to get better with every listen....still not close to the last album, but very few albums come close to that.
15.04.2012 - 13:45
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
Ok after a ton of spins its not a 9/10 anymore for me. I realised that the balance between extreme prog and catchy is quite poor. For me the secret to good progressive metal is to balance it off with really great melodies/choruses otherwise I might as well skip metal all together and listen to jazz alone.

On this album, for example, theres very little to break away from the progressive elements and it becomes somewhat strenuous to listen. Compare that to "When Time Fades" and the song "Reign" which is one of the best songs Ive heard, its very progressive, lots of minor keys and sort of dissonant - but the chorus is so fantastic and epic that its balances the song so well.

The new album has very few (if any) of those moments for me.
20.04.2012 - 16:07
R'Vannith
ghedengi
Written by DrM on 12.04.2012 at 11:43

I know, right? It's like they tried to inject a bit more djent into their style, in some places it works and in some it just sounds a bit odd. I'm still not sure whether I like it or not.

Turns out you were right! Definitely picks up after a while. That's also an interesting observation I looked for (the djent thing that is) and I can see what you mean, its not immediately obvious, at least to me it wasn't.

That closing track, so damn good.
20.04.2012 - 16:12
R'Vannith
ghedengi
Written by Guest on 15.04.2012 at 13:45

I realised that the balance between extreme prog and catchy is quite poor.

Very much agree with this, its always been a problem for this band I think and it holds them back. Their music often feels sort of 'jumpy' I suppose you could call it. It jumps from the catchy to the 'proggy/symphonic' bits rather than infusing them all the time. I generally felt they did a better job on this album though. That said I'm still not sure whether I prefer this one over the previous album..
01.08.2012 - 22:59
Rating: 9
JÄY
Metal slave
Killer prog metal....I'm not usually a fan, but this is great... I could do without Cancún though.
10.04.2016 - 01:22
Rating: 6
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
It sounds like it should be really enjoyable, but it just doesn't evoke much emotionally for me.

Hits total: 8246 | This month: 12