06. Origin Of Oblivion
07. Centurion
08. In Memoriam
09. Descent Into Madness
10. Long Live New Flesh

Staff review by
wormdrink414
Rating:
2011 has been pretty decent to this whole thrash revival thing. Havok's album has been mashing the fuck out of my neck for a while now, as has Diamond Plate's, SSS's, and especially Toxic Holocaust's. Now Evile, easily one of the more popular bands of the thrash resurgence, has claimed its slice of this shit-wrecking year with Five Serpent's Teeth. Thing is, compared to those from the bands mentioned above, said slice seems really, really, really measly.

Read more ››
published 26.09.2011 | Comments (18)

Guest review by
omne metallum
Rating:
I remember getting this album on release day; I was hooked immediately and thought this would be the album that shot Evile into the higher leagues and make their name known. Alas, it wasn't to be, and they've long become a semi-active band.

This album, however, is still as strong as it was when I first heard it: varied song structures, strong riffs and catchy, with plenty of headbanging moments littered throughout. "In Dreams Of Terror" has one hell of a riff that will hurt your neck if you try to keep up. This is repeated in "Origin Of Oblivion", and while it doesn't offer much in variety, it offers up one hell of a sonic punch.

Read more ››
published 07.04.2020 | Comments (0)

Found in 14 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 14   Visited by: 493 users
26.04.2011 - 01:59
Void_Eater
Account deleted
...Bitch? Really? Whatever the reason for such a dumb title, it can't be good...
27.04.2011 - 15:24
Rating: 8
Moosh666

Written by Guest on 26.04.2011 at 01:59

...Bitch? Really? Whatever the reason for such a dumb title, it can't be good...

I agree, doesn't sound like an Evile song...
27.04.2011 - 17:40
jazar94

Seeing Evile is purely amazing, I don't care about the name. Although, it reminds of Bring Me The Horizon, what with there song titled "Fuck", and that's never a good thing.
02.06.2011 - 09:08
Whoblehwah

XD. They probably revealed the name Bitch as a joke.
22.09.2011 - 02:54
Rating: 6
strade

Not really different from any other modern thrash. Decent at best.
----
My lo-fi synth project: http://luciddreamer.bandcamp.com
26.09.2011 - 00:59
Rating: 7
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Much better than Infected Nations!

A couple of "Blackalbumish" songs there sounded pretty fresh.
Glad they didn't leave the straigh-forward thrash songs aside also!
26.09.2011 - 05:04
Project Endgame
Account deleted
Bitch was the joke name for Origin Of Oblivion (also known as Glasgow Shot-Putter Shepard's Pie), for those who didn't know.
27.09.2011 - 16:14
Tatras

Another boring thrash album in 2011. Only Onslaught and Destruction, came out with something exciting and powefull.
18.10.2011 - 00:53
mario132

It's awesome album - sounds like Metallica that wouldn't sold out their best stuff
30.10.2011 - 18:38
musicalkaratekid

The obvious flaws that have been with evile since their beginning are evident here as well, but there aren't as many this time. There is variation (as on the acoustic 'In Memoriam') and Matt Draker's vocals seem much more refined to a more aggressive tone. Awesome album\m/
09.12.2011 - 12:28
Rating: 9
Big-Al

Join our CUNT!
----

I drink moosepiss
12.09.2012 - 14:19
musicalkaratekid

I saw Evile at Bloodstock and they were pretty awesome, and even the songs from this album sounded really good. Problem is, when I listened to their latest album, it all seemed very mediocre, very average stuff compared to what I'm used to in the genre. The guitar work is probably the best thing on offer here, but with Matt Drake sounding so bored with himself whenever he sings in that same, one note voice all the way through, it isn't supported at all. Good live band, but as a band who exist within the Thrash metal circuit, they are average at best imo.
17.02.2013 - 20:23
svartberger

Their best album so far
19.03.2017 - 20:28
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
When you're listening like once per 2 months and in other time million of other you can not compare how does band sucks or kick ass, to me this was decent thrash album, I hardly remember older ones
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing

Hits total: 11913 | This month: 21