Metal Storm logo
Nightwish - Starts Recording New Album

Finland's Nightwish has issued the following update via their homepage :

"Today (Friday, September 15), Nightwish enters the studio to begin recording the new album. Jukka [Nevalainen] starts the process by recording the drum parts in the next 5-6 days. Then guitars, bass and demo keyboards, followed by orchestral/choir recordings. After those, the final synths and vocals will be recorded. The whole process will last six months minimum, so we should have the final master copy in our hands sometime during the spring."

Source: nightwish.com
Band profile: Nightwish
Posted: 16.09.2006 by Døc

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 26   Visited by: 7 users
16.09.2006 - 19:31
TheSlaughter
Account deleted
Blerk. At least they dont have that foul voice of Tarja anymore...
16.09.2006 - 20:03
Warman
Erotic Stains
Finally
----
16.09.2006 - 20:07
danzig111
Account deleted
wait wait, i'm sorry, who's the replacement vocalist again?
16.09.2006 - 20:31
Dreamthief_89
Account deleted
They haven't revealed that . I'm not even sure if they have chosen anyone yet...
16.09.2006 - 20:39
Promonex
Cathemeral
It would be kinda stupid of them to book the studio if they haven't everything set yet. I'm pretty sure they got a vocalist already, but don't want to make it official yet.
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
16.09.2006 - 21:11
Rathma
Account deleted
Everything gets recorded seperatley. It wouldn't make sense to not record the instrumentals because they don't have a new singer.
16.09.2006 - 22:55
DLMokoma
Account deleted
Hm I'm looking forward this album. It will be different.
17.09.2006 - 02:04
Asat0r

It'll either be really different in a good way, or different in a bad way. This will be one of those albums that's either hit or miss, I feel. I'll look at it optimistically, though I did love Tarja's voice.
17.09.2006 - 02:28
Dark Blood
The Avenger
Honestly I don't think it will be worst - maybe in the same level of the last one (different from the rest, but still great)!
Tarja's departure wont influence in nothing but the voice, since it's Tuomas the head of the band. The only thing that could be really different will be the new voice and honestly I don't think they'll find such a great voice.. (I wish I'm wrong!) Either way I'm looking forward too!
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
17.09.2006 - 02:33
Gothic Crow

Finally!... Let see what is coming! I'm very curious about this new album. When i receive the bad new that Tarja, the vocalist of my favourite band was kicked from the band, i been very sad and worried. The fact that was like the letters of the time tell to us, "a simple interpreter", but i think that with the all defects that she have, Tarja was more than an interpreter. She have the perfect image for that band and for this kind of bands, in my opinion her voice was an more value for the band and she was on of the pioneers of the group. The mark is high, but i thrust in the talent of Thuomas and company. I remember that in the DVD "End of the Innocence", Thuomas tell us that in the begining, Tarja's voice was not the kind os the voice that he thinks for the band. Let's see!... Big Hugh from Portugal!!! Gothic Crow
17.09.2006 - 03:24
Mother_North

i am so excited to listen to this album snd i hope the fans will be nice to the new vocalist. best wishes for the new album
----
"i still can't imagine any of them dead. They live on; they are fixed on that far-off region called childhood, were nothing ever dies, not even oneself."
17.09.2006 - 05:08
back_off

they may go in a completely different direction and have marco do the vocals on this album...noone knows what will happen yet
17.09.2006 - 08:45
Lupas
Maximus
WHat about the vocal part??

It is replaced by an orchestra ??
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy
17.09.2006 - 10:34
Revenant
Account deleted
Marno won't do the lead vocals, he doesn't suit nightwish's themes or atmospheres. I fhe sang it would sound like Tarot going soft and girly or something.

I jsut hope the new singer will sound classical and not poppy and the riffs will be power metal orientated and not linkin park-esque
17.09.2006 - 11:02
Jonathan Tweet
Account deleted
Yeah I hope they don't do anything like Evergrey's last album. I think either way the fans will be divided. They should just do an instrumental album or something...
17.09.2006 - 11:20
delusionist

I read at a forum that they have found a new vocalist, or at least let someone enter the studio to sing female vocals.... The vocalist should be heard in the new video blog, but I cannot confirm this, since I can't open the blogs whit my comp for some reason.... Don't blame me if I'm wrong, it's just something I read....

If there seems to be a vocalist present, could somebody link the specific blog (not the start page).
17.09.2006 - 12:11
Thryce
Retired Staff
@ delusionist : I can confirm in the lastest video blog there's indeed a little bit of singing at the end
(and you can also see a women sitting with the Nightwish crew, you can't see her face though, so I am not sure if it is "a vocalist")

http://fanblog.nightwish.com/main.site?action=siteupdate/view&id=2
----
Your favorite band sucks.
17.09.2006 - 12:56
Lioncourt

@Thryce: That woman might be Emppu's woman. And that music sound slike Lullacry to me. I could be very wrong in both cases.
----

Think twice before you buy furr! http://www.strasbourgcurieux.com/fourrure/
17.09.2006 - 14:57
Thryce
Retired Staff
@ Lioncourt : yeah thought so they wouldn't let us show anything of the new vocalist yet...

Besides I was already wondering if it wasn't just music playing somewhere, because in the news article they didn't mention anything about mixing songs yet, and the whole recording process will take another more 6months...
----
Your favorite band sucks.
17.09.2006 - 18:55
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
Good news! finally we'll know new Nightwish music, I think that the album will be different from the others but still good
----

I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it
Sensorium - Epica
17.09.2006 - 20:55
Der Meister
Account deleted
I hope Marco does some more vocals now when Tarja is gone, his voice is really nice! Actually I think they could do very well without a female singer, just with Marco!
18.09.2006 - 01:34
Gothic Crow

@ Der Meister: Hello everyone and particulary to Der Meister! I'm sorry but i can't agree with you. I think Marco have really a good voice and he can win more space in the band, but... (Have allways an but) I think that without a female voice, tha band loose their atmosfere and magic!!! Best regards from Portugal!!! Gothic Crow
18.09.2006 - 03:55
Princ_Of_Horror

Well,well,well looks is there gonna be a female vocals in Nightwish anymore or is Marco gonna take over? I heard that there is some Coatian girl taking over Tarjas place..
18.09.2006 - 06:26
Icewings
La Luna
YAY ....Can't wait , I mean all of them are good , and I'm sure they would get a nice vocalist , after all Toumas is kind of liek the brain so I'm sure he'll make a good choice !
----

Metalheads for Black Lives and Land Back
04.10.2006 - 01:03
Ocean Soul
Account deleted
Can't waaait! They'll do just fine. I'm sure
18.10.2006 - 09:58
SacredBlade

Keep on kidding yourselves, sure they will find a new singer, and yes Tuomas is the brains behind the music. HOWEVER...like Tarja or not, she was the unique ingredient that produced the overall sound, style, polish, and yes, SUCCESS that was Nightwish. Still love em' and wish em' luck, but the formula has been vanquished...

Hits total: 3069 | This month: 10