Metal Storm logo
Introversion and Extroversion

Original post

Posted by Kennoth, 28.04.2011 - 02:36
I'm curious about the subject, since even the same genre of music such as metal, attracts huge amount of different people by every possible account.

I'm also curious about personality and music in general, so feel free to discuss that as well. I'll throw in some generalizations/observations of mine: in general, I find from heavier music that punks, thrashers and old school death metal fans are usually extroverts, while perhaps doom (especially funeral), gothic metal and DSBM are more appealing to introverts. Naturally this is not iron clad. So what is your opinion about this?

Poll

Which one are you?

Introvert
Extrovert

Total votes: 36
30.04.2011 - 18:09
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Mostly introverted, but I've improved immensely on my social skills in the last few years, so now I can actually be extroverted if I'm comfortable with the people around me.

I'm a work in progress.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
30.04.2011 - 20:37
Yasmine
Written by BloodTears on 30.04.2011 at 18:09

Mostly introverted, but I've improved immensely on my social skills in the last few years, so now I can actually be extroverted if I'm comfortable with the people around me.

I'm a work in progress.

Aren't we all?
----
"Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute." G B Stern
"Society is like a stew. If you don't stir it up every once in a while then a layer of scum float u
01.05.2011 - 23:47
Kennoth
Written by Yasmine on 30.04.2011 at 15:15

Written by Kennoth on 30.04.2011 at 14:52

It's not belief, it's a hard cold fact. Well offline at least. Well like I said already, I have a hard time engaging in conversations with women, which ends up in me ignoring them, ESPECIALLY if I like them.

Wow you're working it backwards, more attention if you like em! More more more. lol

Yeah, I know
----
*insert something deep and profound*
21.05.2011 - 07:58
Hylia
I always thought All metalheads were introverts in school and stuff before they started listening to metal. I know I was and still am but there are metalheads way more outgoing than me so maybe I'm wrong.
21.05.2011 - 18:23
Yasmine
I;m generally extroverted, I like being the problems solver, good listener, etc etc. Always ready to help. Though we get into too many arguments on here that include insults, so it appears I bite, which is fine too. lol
----
"Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute." G B Stern
"Society is like a stew. If you don't stir it up every once in a while then a layer of scum float u
21.05.2011 - 23:59
Ghostdancer
At one time I was a total extrovert...a little shy during a first meeting maybe, but most of the time I was extremely outgoing and quite vocal about whatever happened to go through my mind. This suited me well when I was in a band. As a matter of fact at one gig we did, during one of my songs (one of the songs I did vocals on) I turned the knobs on my bass all the way down, put it down on the stage, dove into the crowd and moshed during the guitar solo.

However, for some reason, as time has gone on I've grown extremely introverted. Online I am still able to be outgoing to an extent, but out in the world I really have become an introvert. The only people I choose to interact with are my wife and my brother. I really don't understand the reason for this...I was even this way when I met my wife which makes it a miracle that we even got together. It doesn't bother me, but I really don't understand why or how I really changed.
----
"Bullshit! You didn't convince me!"
22.05.2011 - 01:25
Yasmine
Life's experiences changes, but this one isnt always bad. Sometimes you just learn that it's not best to be outspoken, etc for a number of reasons. Sometimes one or the other can be just a phase too. I've gone through quiet periods for sure.
----
22.05.2011 - 06:03
Yasmine
My bf is an extrovert like myself, we talk all day. lol I have a musical backround too, makes me picky as well. It is hard for an extrovert to have a ton of introverts around, all you can do is wonder what's on their mind, because asking irriatates a lot of them.
----
23.05.2011 - 12:43
Coté
Written by Icewings on 22.05.2011 at 06:00

Hi guys, I'm glad you made this thread. It's funny because I was just thinking of asking the same questions. Thanks a lot .. Anyways I am obviously an Introvert, I'm so strange and shy, and yet when I am around people I know I can be a little extrovert, but I don't really like small talk, or meaningless talk, it gets me tired. And I love my alone time, it recharges me, for example, when I go to big stores with many people I usually get drained. I knew I was always weird, but it wasn't until I stopped doing classical singing, I realized how uncomfortable I felt with so many extroverts. I took the Myers personality test, and found out I am INFJ. Introvert I am. I'm glad my boyfriend is also an introvert because otherwise guys wouldn't like me since I'm quiet and in my own litter world. Introverts are not easy, and yet I feel introverts can be very deep. I'm very picky with music, I don't know if it's because I have a musical background, but I love melodic, melancholic, and it has to be well done. I guess I have changed too, society forces you to. Great topic

P.S: Extroverts scared me a little.

Why do we scare you ?
We're that bad Well I've known some kind of extrovert that really are'nt what they say to be, so I guess they ruin it for everybody else that wants to have a good time.
Anyway. Nice that you're happy with your bf, but I don't think extrovert guys would ignore you just 'cause you're not like them. After all, my bf is introvert and I think we are a pretty good mix
----
::...Am I awake? Am I asleep? I am only sure of one thing. I am a monster ...::
01.01.2018 - 17:44
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
I am about as introverted as they come, nothing about me is extroverted. I prefer solitude a majority of the time and get easily drained by having lots of people around me.
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
01.01.2018 - 21:44
Azarath
Free as a.. Fish
The holidays always puts into sharp relief just how much of an introvert I am. Having to spend time with various family members over several days is exhausting and draining to the point that I get stressed and irritable.

But then you get to be alone. And it's wonderful.

And since my ability to cope with too much "social input" isn't getting any better with time, it could be that I'm on my way to becoming a grumpy old man. So that's pretty sweet.
14.01.2018 - 10:50
27 / 4
by January 14, 2018.

Interesting results from the community. But I expected a dominant introvert bunch.
I too, am an introvert, as far as I see and feel. However I do enjoy the occasional extrovert activities. Probably the major introvert sign I have is when I plan my work and carry on each day with details and pre-plannings.
24.01.2018 - 01:03
Drippy.Hippie
I've always considered myself an "Ambivert" (in between Extrovert and Introvert), but I suppose I'm introvert leaning........Then again based on the generalizations/observations of the original post, I prefer thrash and old school DM long before any depressive goth stuff.
----
What is the difference between the man who fools you from the pulpit, and the other man who fools you from the platform?
Both of them seek to obtain power over you - To rule your mind, control your property interests or labor power.
12.06.2018 - 22:51
MetallicA
Wow I haven't been on here in quite some time.

I'm mostly extroverted. When I used to live in my hometown I was so outgoing and loved going to all the shows. I'm still like that but live in a smaller town and there's not as many options and it sucks. I really can't wait to get closer to home...just depends on my job & if I get the chance to move soonish. I really miss my old life for sure and if I get to move (for work) within the next year, I'll be within driving distance of my old home which will be nice. I was in a class (for work) for almost 2 months late last year about a 2 hour drive from my home and I drove home a lot during that time. It was sort of like old times and that was when I realized how much I missed it.

Right now I pretty much keep to myself though and don't talk to new people much. It's partly because I have plenty of great friends in my life (most don't live anywhere near me anymore) and don't really need many more. Every now and then I'll make a new friend and we'll keep in touch but I don't go out of my way to talk to new people anymore. It's also because I'm getting older and I'm just bored with where I'm at (location-wise) and want to move badly. I definitely miss going on adventures, going to lots of shows and having friends near me who enjoy doing the same things. I've lived at my current location for over 4 years now & for the first 3 years, I had an awesome group of friends and we did lots of cool things. They all have since moved away because of work. I also had some major life changes recently (married & pregnant). My husband isn't adventure seeking, although he used to be in the past. As for the baby, I think it'll be cool to bring a kid along my adventures but having a husband who doesn't have the same interests as me & who won't go out of his way to go on any adventures makes it difficult. It definitely has gotten me down that's for sure and also may be why I just shut myself in more often than not.
----

God's disciples want you to die!
In the blazing inferno
Slewed on Satan's pitchfork
Burning for eternity
Death
I see it coming your way
by my hand... or by your fate
with no remorse.
27.09.2018 - 14:16
Ashe
Account deleted
Hahaha, almost everyone, including moi, picked introvert. XD

For me, I just don't have much in common with most people other than the fact I breathe, eat, pee, and poop.