Metal Storm logo
Your favourite artists(cover art, merch, posters, flyers etc)

Original post

Posted by Spirit Molecule, 29.04.2011 - 09:41
Well basically just list out your favourite artists. It doesn't have to be artists who work with only metal bands.
Also post links of their work or links to their sites, blogs etc

For me I would have to say

John Dyer - Baroness, Pig Destroyer, Black Tusk, Kylesa, Kvelertak and a few more.
http://www.myspace.com/johndyerbaizley
This guy is awesome, he's pretty much one of my favourites. I love pretty much all his artwork. You can make out a John Dyer as soon as you see it. He's got a very distinctive style with the use of beautiful women, some might say overuse, but i have no complains

Malleus Rock Art Lab( Urlo, Lu, Poia) - Ufomammut, Swans, Kyuss, Roadburn, Supernatural Cat
http://malleusdelic.wordpress.com/
www.malleusdelic.com
Ok these guys are the best at screens, I mean i haven't seen better work coming out in while. I just love everything they put out. Their posters are done with such care and they really put a lot of work into each design. Again these guys have a thing for women a lot of beautiful women in their designs.

Brian Mercer- Clutch, Eyehategod, Black Tusk, Zoroastor, Lamb of God and a lot more
http://mercerrock.com/index.php
This guy again does mainly posters and flyers for bands and festivals. Again he's got a unique style with the use of skulls and sculptures.

Ok I'm going to stop typing now and just give you links.

Florian Bertmer - Agoraphobic Nosebleed, 16.
http://florianbertmer.blogspot.com/

David Dandrea - Shrinebuilder, OM, Agalloch, Ludicra
http://www.dvdandrea.com
02.09.2011 - 07:31
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
I don't really have any posters in my room. I've got a huge canvas with Buddha on it. It's got a bit of UV paint on it so it looks cool, though i still haven't gotten a UV light in my room. The other stuff I have is one of my dad's paintings and I have one of my bands gig poster. Will try and post pics

We should probably make that a separate thread. " Post your room/ work area etc"
----
If you never wake up from a dream does it become reality?

Last fm
Don't click here
18.09.2011 - 23:46
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
Just picked up these two posters from Malleus at the Ufomammut show last night.

----

Last fm
Don't click here
21.09.2011 - 08:26
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by Spirit Molecule on 18.09.2011 at 23:46

I picked up a Malleus book a couple of years ago at Roadburn.
The Malleus/Ugomammut guys make some pretty spiffy conceert posters.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

23.09.2011 - 16:25
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
Yep, they are definitely one of my favourite poster/flyer designers. Damn nice chaps as well. Hopefully I can get to go to Italy during my time here in Europe and maybe spend sometime in the shop while they screen. Urlo said it would be cool, but that would depend on whether they would be screening stuff over the weekend I do visit
----

Last fm
Don't click here
07.10.2011 - 01:26
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
elite
Written by Mikyz on 04.06.2011 at 12:40

The Blood of Heroes - Remain

Is this the same Blood Of Heroes w/ Justin Broadrick?

07.10.2011 - 13:42
Mikyz
Written by Introspekrieg on 07.10.2011 at 01:26

Is this the same Blood Of Heroes w/ Justin Broadrick?

Yeah it is.
----
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone.
07.10.2011 - 16:55
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted

Extremely jealous. That is just pure sex.
10.10.2011 - 09:53
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite

How much did that one cost?

I knwo the other one is 20 euro cause that's what they asked for it in Rotterdam. Btw that was their cheapest. The prices of the silk screens they were selling went up to over 200 euros, damn.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

10.10.2011 - 11:50
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
I think i paid 35 euros for that. But Urlo gave me a discount and threw in some buttons and patches. Maybe coz I've been in contact with Malleus for a while. But yeah some of the screens are 200 euros. I'm such a tard, I completely forgot to get it signed by Urlo and Poia. It would have been cool. But I'm just quite psyched to have gotten my hands on one of them. Now the only thing I'm worried about is transporting them back to India
----

Last fm
Don't click here
14.10.2011 - 00:32
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
I have been mindblown over Joachim Luetke's artwork when I first saw the artwork he did for Persephone. He works with metal, darkwave, goth artists and I simply adore his approach to illustrating. His use of colours remind me of Tim Burton's work actually, because he too veils some films in the shades of dark/grey/blue and some again are so vivid in colour and vigorous.

Joachim Luetke's Official Site

----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
01.11.2011 - 00:39
Milena
gloom cookie
staff
Travis Smith. I was really big on dark and gothic digital art a year ago, and my visual taste has gradually involved from that point to the point of worshiping Travis, his covers are a dream come true.

Written by Vikcen on 03.06.2011 at 05:26

Taking in account cover art from metal albums, into some of my favorite covers, i like for example these artists:

Luis Royo:

I didn't have a clue he did album covers! His work is a bit sexually explicit for me (apparently I'm a Victorian puritan) but the guy sure has a distinctive style.
----
7.0 means the album is good
02.11.2011 - 22:10
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
staff

The sex

Written by Guest on 07.10.2011 at 16:55

Extremely jealous. That is just pure sex.

No fucking kidding man, I'm very jealous as well.

Written by AnGina-- on 14.10.2011 at 00:32

I have been mindblown over Joachim Luetke's artwork

Oh, so that's the guy that usually works with Sopor Aeternus. I always loved that band's artwork. Cool dude indeed.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
02.11.2011 - 22:27
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Written by X-Ray Rod on 02.11.2011 at 22:10

Oh, so that's the guy that usually works with Sopor Aeternus. I always loved that band's artwork. Cool dude indeed.

Yepp, indeed, Sopor's artwork is amazing. It's so dark and twisted, but yet aesthetically pleasing.
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
02.11.2011 - 22:50
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
staff
Written by AnGina-- on 02.11.2011 at 22:27

aesthetically pleasing.

Pleasing indeed as Sopor Aeternus kind of maked me doubt my sexuality a little bit since I'm very sure that Ana was in one really bizarre yet quite lovely dream I had weeks ago. My subconscious is fucked up.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
03.11.2011 - 22:22
Vikcen
Metálico
Written by Milena on 01.11.2011 at 00:39

Travis Smith. I was really big on dark and gothic digital art a year ago, and my visual taste has gradually involved from that point to the point of worshiping Travis, his covers are a dream come true.

Written by Vikcen on 03.06.2011 at 05:26

Taking in account cover art from metal albums, into some of my favorite covers, i like for example these artists:

Luis Royo:

I didn't have a clue he did album covers! His work is a bit sexually explicit for me (apparently I'm a Victorian puritan) but the guy sure has a distinctive style.

Yeah, he did, and i like specially this: Avalanch - El Angel Caido (great album by the way), also you can see the sexual touch on it haha =)
04.11.2011 - 15:39
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
Written by X-Ray Rod on 02.11.2011 at 22:10

No fucking kidding man, I'm very jealous as well.

Haha, yeah a lot of people are going to be back home. I actually picked up one for my vocalist whose a designer as well. He doesn't know yet. I just want to see the look on his face when he sees it, coz he's as big a malleus fan as me I'm just glad that I actually got to pick one up. I had been contemplating buying it online when i was back in India for the longest time. Now I finally have one

Oh and you guys can check out some of the designs of my vocalist who does all our art/posters/flyers and stuff for some other bands as well
http://gauravbasu.daportfolio.com/
http://innersanctum.in/ Some of the newer ones are in the images section, but most of the older stuff and random designs are on his DA portfolio.
----

Last fm
Don't click here
04.11.2011 - 16:00
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha

One of the poster I've having is the DEFENDERS TOUR OF THE FAITH! actually due to shifting I've misplaced other posters but I'll upload that as soon as I get it.

Here we go, I gotta another one Iced Earth DYSTOPIA. One of my favorites imo.
07.11.2011 - 11:27
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
I don't think you got the point of the topic.

The topic is to give the artist behind the band's artwork their due credit. Most people would say " Hey, did you see the new opeth heritage art, its sick" But half of them wouldn't know that Travis Smith was responsible for it.
This thread is so that people can post links, art and other related stuff about the Artist behind the band. The guy who never gets any credit from fans apart from a small liner note in the inlay, that most people wouldn't even read.
So I suggest that you find out who designed those posters in your room and give the guy some credit
----

Last fm
Don't click here
12.11.2011 - 03:13
Ag Fox
Angel No More
elite
Written by Guest on 30.08.2011 at 19:16

Have been trying to find some decent metal posters recently but I quickly discovered that decent ones are difficult to get and absurdly expensive so I had the genius idea of taking advantage of one of the many "sign up and get 40 free photo prints" that are scattered around the web and sent 40 off my favourite band's cover art
what resolution do the images have to be in?
----
loves 小巫
12.11.2011 - 11:33
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Ag Fox on 12.11.2011 at 03:13

what resolution do the images have to be in?

I'd go for a minimum of 500 x 500 pixels, that should look fine, but anything larger is good. I think Photobox was the one I used, has decent cropping facilities.
12.11.2011 - 15:44
Ag Fox
Angel No More
elite
Cheers. I realised I don't have a good enough selection yet though, so I'll wait for a bit =/
----
loves 小巫
05.12.2011 - 18:53
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
http://www.behance.net/gallery/The-Metal-and-Hardcore-Bible/1646410

Its a showcase of artwork from different bands. Would like to get my hands on this one. Anyone have any info on this?
----

Last fm
Don't click here
06.12.2011 - 08:50
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by Spirit Molecule on 05.12.2011 at 18:53

Its a showcase of artwork from different bands. Would like to get my hands on this one. Anyone have any info on this?

why don't they mention the isbn? Now it's impossible to order.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

06.12.2011 - 10:48
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 06.12.2011 at 08:50

Written by Spirit Molecule on 05.12.2011 at 18:53

why don't they mention the isbn? Now it's impossible to order.

Whats isbn?? And yeah, I have no clue if its released yet or where to get it or if we can order it online. Plus this site seems to be the only one with info about this.
----

Last fm
Don't click here
06.12.2011 - 10:53
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by Spirit Molecule on 06.12.2011 at 10:48

Whats isbn??

Just to quote Wiki:

"The International Standard Book Number (ISBN) is a unique[1][2] numeric commercial book identifier based upon the 9-digit Standard Book Numbering (SBN) code created by Gordon Foster, Emeritus Professor of Statistics at Trinity College, Dublin,[3] for the booksellers and stationers W.H. Smith and others in 1966.[4]

The 10-digit ISBN format was developed by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) and was published in 1970 as international standard ISO 2108.[4] (However, the 9-digit SBN code was used in the United Kingdom until 1974.) Currently, the ISO's TC 46/SC 9 is responsible for the ISBN. The ISO on-line facility only refers back to 1978.[5]

Since 1 January 2007, ISBNs have contained 13 digits, a format that is compatible with Bookland EAN-13s.[6]

Occasionally, a book may appear without a printed ISBN if it is printed privately or the author does not follow the usual ISBN procedure; however, this can be rectified later.[7]

A similar numeric identifier, the International Standard Serial Number (ISSN), identifies periodical publications such as magazines."
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

06.12.2011 - 10:54
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
Ohhh right. Always saw that in my books during Uni
----

Last fm
Don't click here
09.12.2011 - 11:13
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
Found another really cool artist. Again he's got a very similar style to most of the sludge/stoner scene artists, but still some rad art. My love for the sludge/stoner scene grows every time I find a new artist.

Justin Kramerer aka Angryblue
http://www.angryblue.com

One of my favourites from his work
----

Last fm
Don't click here
11.02.2012 - 22:24
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
Just found this guy from the UK. He's got some cool artwork. Has worked with some famous bands.

http://drewmillward.com/
----

Last fm
Don't click here
08.03.2012 - 13:25
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
Just got a poster from the awesomely talented Dusty Peterson

----

Last fm
Don't click here
09.03.2012 - 14:10
Tulimyrsky Design, which operates in Finland, is a graphic design studio that designs CD and DVD cover art, websites(layout and coding), logos, merchandise, promotional material etc.

Studio is specialized in making graphics to metal bands and it also keeps pricing flexible, so bands whom make self-published cds or demos would have the opportunity to get professionally
made album covers and websites.

check out studios websites: www.tulimyrsky.com

Facebook site: http://fi-fi.facebook.com/pages/Tulimyrsky-Design/177566328985521