09. Wings Of Darkness
10. Things That Crawl At Night

Comments

Comments: 5   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 182 users
29.04.2011 - 13:30
Rating: 8
Zmaj Ognjeni Vuk
To Mega Therion
Re-recorded. Although, there is also an re-release from 2006.
----

Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one, and they all stink.
13.05.2011 - 18:31
Shuruga

I don't know how I feel about this. The original is one of my favorite Tarot albums, and Tarot themselves are one of my favorite bands. This album changed up some of the songs way too much, to the point where they don't even feel like heavy/power metal anymore. Love's Not Made For My Kind in particular REALLY disappointed me. And what the hell did they do to De Mortui Nisi Bene?
10.10.2011 - 18:14
Rating: 7
SymphAlchemist

Written by Shuruga on 13.05.2011 at 18:31

I don't know how I feel about this. The original is one of my favorite Tarot albums, and Tarot themselves are one of my favorite bands. This album changed up some of the songs way too much, to the point where they don't even feel like heavy/power metal anymore. Love's Not Made For My Kind in particular REALLY disappointed me. And what the hell did they do to De Mortui Nisi Bene?

I totally agree with you. Why the fuck they had to slow down the songs, change lyrics and all?? I got scared with Dancing on the Wire, Love's Not Made For My Kind and Spell of Iron ( "the spell..ll.... of... iii. iro..ooo..on.... ..") and it's weird to hear Tommi's voice in these songs... but on the other hand their intention when re-recording old songs was good for they've got more resources nowadays, and the songs got a way better quality now indeed.
03.09.2015 - 23:20
Rating: 8
Netzach
Planewalker
Written by Shuruga on 13.05.2011 at 18:31

I love the new version of De Mortui... But I agree about Love's Not Made For My Kind. What the hell were they thinking?

Anyway, I totally support the idea of re-recording old albums. It gives perspective as to how the band has evolved during its lifetime.
28.01.2018 - 10:18
Rating: 7
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
I think this version of Things That Crawl At Night is better than the original.
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"

Hits total: 6528 | This month: 9