06. Fleshold
07. Eternal
08. Suffer The Season
09. Somber Angel
10. Lifeless

Guest review by
Arian Totalis
Rating:
Ah, Shadows Fall, one of my favourite metal bands. Their genre known to some as Metalcore, known to others as Thrash. However, for their début 1998 release, "Somber Eyes To The Sky," I think that there can be no disputing that it is different from the majority of their discography. This album leans closer to the Melodeath sound, and the only other Shadows Fall album that comes close to the sound of "Somber Eyes" is their second release, "Of One Blood." This is the Labonte era album, when both He and Matthew Bachand departed from their previous Death Metal band, "Perpetual Doom" and formed Shadows Fall. This inevitably had an impact on the sound of the original Shadows Fall lineup. Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the Somber Eyes album.

Read more ››
published 27.04.2007 | Comments (7)

Guest review by
Boxcar Willy
Rating:
Shadows Fall is a household name when it comes to modern metal, yes, that means the "cores". I find this tag to be a death sentence for most bands. Shadows Fall shows that being "core" does not mean whiney bullshit music. This is a truly good release.

Shadows Fall has gained most of their notoriety through their present vocalist, Brian Fair, who is an amazing vocalist, but one thing most people don't know is that before Brian Fair, there was another singer. Yes, back in those gnarly nineties there was another man who sang sweet, sweet metal. His name was Phil LaBonte. Yes, that name is familiar, as he's the vocalist for the Metalcore band All That Remains. Now, most of you are thinking "All That Remains? They suck, so that means the vocals, and this album, must suck." This is not true.

Read more ››
published 23.01.2012 | Comments (1)

Comments

Comments: 7   Visited by: 120 users
30.04.2011 - 03:34
Rating: 9
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Despite not having brain fair yet this albums amazing the best melodic death metaL ALBUM I'VE EVER HEARD LIFE LESS AND NURTURE ARE JUS KICK-ASS
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
30.04.2011 - 04:03
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Boxcar Willy on 30.04.2011 at 03:34

brain fair

I went to a brain fair once.

It blew my mind.
30.04.2011 - 04:06
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Guest on 30.04.2011 at 04:03

Written by Boxcar Willy on 30.04.2011 at 03:34

brain fair

I went to a brain fair once.

It blew my mind.

TROLOLOLOLOL

You're the best.

Oh, on topic? ...This album isn't.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
18.01.2012 - 03:53
psykometal
A staff guy...
The Art of Balance was far superior and still their best...
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

18.01.2012 - 04:50
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by psykometal on 18.01.2012 at 03:53

The Art of Balance was far superior and still their best...

I don't understand why this is such a low rated album. I agree that The Art Of Balance was better, but surely this doesn't deserve a 6.
----
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
18.01.2012 - 05:34
psykometal
A staff guy...
Written by Boxcar Willy on 18.01.2012 at 04:50

I don't understand why this is such a low rated album. I agree that The Art Of Balance was better, but surely this doesn't deserve a 6.

Cuz imo it wasn't very good, I didn't care for the first couple All That Remains albums either which were in a similar style. The Art of Balance was their best moment and The War Within was good but not as good as The Art of Balance, past that I haven't cared for anything else they've done.

And the only ATR album I liked at all was The Fall of Ideals, thanks to the fact that they had a brief moment of intelligence and hired Shannon Lucas so he beefed up their sound and gave the music some balls so that one album sounded more like melodeath with some core moments instead of crap like the rest of them...
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

15.02.2018 - 05:14
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Yeah, still underrated here. Great metalcore album.
----
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS

Hits total: 6427 | This month: 9