05. Vesania
06. One Breath Of Peace
07. Perversion Of Reality
08. Ritual
09. Psycho Theme
10. Pulsion
11. Sick Boogie Murder
12. Who's Fucked Up?

You know, I still remember Trepalium's first album "Through The Absurd" and with my "great" memory you can believe that it is a good good point haha. More seriously I still remember this band because their last album was just really original with a lot of excellent ideas and it's pleasure to have in my hand their new album "Alchemik Clockwork Of Disorder". As always, Trepalium mix a lot of music and the result is just so funky! So don't wait anymore and come with me to discover the original musical world of this young French combo?

Ok, Trepalium plays Death Metal, and a brutal one, but our guys have the particularity to have "balls". When a ton of bands only do clones and copycat nowadays, without even thinking two minutes to add a potential "difference" in their music, Trepalium take a lot of risks. On a side their songs use the basic construction of the Death Metal songs, and I won't explain one more time how it can be. But in addition the musicians mix a lot of different influences (without doing a copy of someone), from Funk, to Jazz or even Progressive Metal. If you want to understand (and even if we cannot compare a lot the bands, musically speaking) they just have the originality of a Gojira or Meshuggah. This is a bit messy on a side and it goes in a dozen of directions but at least it's supra original and never boring. Ok, we don't have a lot of real catchy choruses here, but this album wasn't simply done to "headbang". At the opposite, this is in my opinion, a real piece of music a real musical demonstration and a song like "Sick Boogie Murder" (really outstanding with saxophone, Hammond organ and jazzy spirit) proves that my conclusion isn't wrong.

Also the production and the sound are just excellent and evidently it will help the band to prove that now, they aren't just a bunch of newcomers. Trepalium just confirm that they're one of the most original band made in France and I really hope that the fans of Death Metal will understand that they will have to remember their name now.

"Alchemik Clockwork Of Disorder" is the confirmation that the French combo plays among the greats now. This is original, and "cheeky" and even if it can be a bit messy sometime, in any case you'll find this album boring so, please don't wait anymore and buy this album to discover an excellent new combo that comes from France.

Written by Jeff | 16.04.2006

Comments

Comments: 1   Visited by: 27 users
30.04.2011 - 13:53
Rating: 8
benvolent

Hell, why did I wait so long? Can't find it anywhere to order at the time. Any suggestions?
But I ordered XIII anyway.
----
The struggle to free myself of restraints, becomes my very shackles

Hits total: 3942 | This month: 6