Additional info
Release dates:
23 Jan: Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Benelux, Italy
26 Jan: France, Greece, Denmark, Norway, Rest of Europe
27 Jan: Spain, Portugal
28 Jan: Sweden, Finland, Hungary
02 Feb: UK
10 Feb: USA

Engineered and recorded by Russ Russell and produced by Russ Russell and Napalm Death at Foel Studios, Llanfair Caereinon, Wales.
Further recording, overall production and album mixing/mastering at Parlour Studios, Kettering, Northamptonshire, England.
All sessions during August/September/October 2008.
Outside illustration by Mick Kenney.
Inside illustrations by Kevin Sharp.
Layout by Carsten Drescher for www.medialogistics.com.

Staff review by
Herzebeth
Rating:
I've been listening to Napalm Death since I was like 7?yes bitch I had a very happy childhood thank you very much!...So anyway, I remember the day when my cousin arrived from Europe; he had so many souvenirs for all of us (and he got me cookies, the prick!). But inside his backpack I found an LP with images so sickening that I thought I was unveiling the twisted mind of a serial killer or something?I played the album, and I immediately soaked my pants (with regular water, not pee, sometimes I'm weird like that)?the record was Napalm Death's "Utopia Banished".

Read more ››
published 25.02.2009 | Comments (18)

Found in 10 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 7   Visited by: 576 users
06.05.2011 - 08:08
Rating: 9
Richard 32

This was my first Grindcore CD. Killer. I love the positive messages of Napalm Death, as well!
27.03.2012 - 00:32
musicalkaratekid

In my opinion this is napalm death's best album of the 21st century so far. 'Smear Campaign' had a bit of progression about its sound and songwriting, but this album takes that to a whole new level, and as we can see on stunning tracks such as 'On the Brink of Extinction' and closer (on my version) 'Omnipresent Knife in your back', the latter of which featuring much more melody than any other track the band has ever done. This is fucking brilliant to say the least.
02.09.2013 - 17:55
NocturnalStalker
Metal Addict
However strange this comparison may sound, but I can't help comparing Napalm Death with good wine. Both get better with years.
----
"And we are not who we think we are
We are who we're afraid to be"
- Lux Occulta "The Opening of Eleventh Sephirah"
28.02.2014 - 00:02
pkillerjp

I'd go as far to say that this is their best album since Harmony Corruption, although Code is Red..was quite good as well..
17.01.2018 - 05:21
VIG
Account deleted
The limited edition bonus track Omnipresent Knife In Your Back is one of their best songs. So simple, but its so good, groovy, and even catchy.
21.05.2020 - 06:36
DeathMetal

Pretty damn good album right here.
19.07.2022 - 20:22
Rating: 7
AndyMetalFreak
A Nice Guy
This is understandably considered their best album to date, to say it's brutal and heavy would most certainly be an understatement.

The problem for me is it lacks consistency, it has great tracks like "Work to Rule", and "Downbeat Clique", a few decent tracks, and then a load of what I would call average one's.

Hits total: 15124 | This month: 38